Frontier Forums  

Go Back   Frontier Forums > Off-Topic > Game Development

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 09/04/2012, 9:40 PM
Raulrct's Avatar
Raulrct Raulrct is offline
Competent
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Catalonia (Spain)
Posts: 212
Raulrct is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirchick View Post
RCT would require mega funding compared to the racing game, RCT as you know is a BIG popular game.

But I don't think Frontier / Atari did work well together, i think there were problems between the companies alot of the time.

I don't doubt (or at least i HOPE) RCT4 will be made, but it won't be by Frontier.

And i believe Chris Sawyer has given them the rights to do it other wise the 3DS version would not be in the making.

Also no one can predict the 3DS version will succeed, based on popular opinion (given nearly ALL RCT players prefer PC) i don't think it went down to well then it changed platform.
If Chris gives the rights to RCT 3DS there will be no problem for RCT4, Because Chris Sawyer is the one that decides whether it will make or not RCT4. The biggest problem was Chris Sawyer,but if I see that gives rights only need to expect of RCT4.

Atari wants to do RCT4 for this reason asked Ideas. The thing that Atari now has no money, and can not do RCT4. I would expect 4 or 5 years so if they will, really.

RCT 3DS will make profits, since many people have the Nintendo 3DS may buy it the game.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 09/04/2012, 11:56 PM
sirchick sirchick is offline
Competent
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 148
sirchick is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raulrct View Post
RCT 3DS will make profits, since many people have the Nintendo 3DS may buy it the game.

IT'll make a profit - but not enough to make a PC game, the budgets of PC games are in the millions of $.

Quote:
If Chris gives the rights to RCT 3DS there will be no problem for RCT4
Yes but it won't be with Frontier.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 10/04/2012, 11:39 AM
Raulrct's Avatar
Raulrct Raulrct is offline
Competent
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Catalonia (Spain)
Posts: 212
Raulrct is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirchick View Post
IT'll make a profit - but not enough to make a PC game, the budgets of PC games are in the millions of $.



Yes but it won't be with Frontier.
The RCT 3DS give some profits. but more importantly, the RCT series will win more fans, but more importantly, the RCT series winning more fans
so that more people buy it RCT4, this is my point of view, because I don't see more reasons because they have made this game. Also maybe Atari pay to Chris part of what they owe.

In this case Atari and Chris Sawyer will decide that company will do the RCT4.

For me, Frontier would be perfect for make the RCT4, as it is a good company to make video games.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 12/04/2012, 4:14 AM
sirchick sirchick is offline
Competent
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 148
sirchick is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raulrct View Post
The RCT 3DS give some profits. but more importantly, the RCT series will win more fans, but more importantly, the RCT series winning more fans
so that more people buy it RCT4, this is my point of view, because I don't see more reasons because they have made this game. Also maybe Atari pay to Chris part of what they owe.

In this case Atari and Chris Sawyer will decide that company will do the RCT4.

For me, Frontier would be perfect for make the RCT4, as it is a good company to make video games.
Whilst i agree Frontier would be the wise choice, if Frontier make their own we have 2 competitive games on the go which will benefit us players to enjoy both and see both games out do each other.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 12/04/2012, 7:13 AM
Raulrct's Avatar
Raulrct Raulrct is offline
Competent
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Catalonia (Spain)
Posts: 212
Raulrct is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirchick View Post
Whilst i agree Frontier would be the wise choice, if Frontier make their own we have 2 competitive games on the go which will benefit us players to enjoy both and see both games out do each other.
The competition will be strong, but will always be better a RCT4. I don't know the game that will make Frontier but I hope we do not come with a Thrillville.

In times of crisis I would not risk that Frontier and Atari that make separate games, because if they make the RCT4 together would come out the best in the series: RCT4.

For this reason, I doubt Frontier make a game with such realism as can be RCT4.
Well, we will see that game make out Frontier have if we do not disappoint with another Thrillville.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 17/04/2012, 3:46 AM
sirchick sirchick is offline
Competent
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 148
sirchick is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raulrct View Post
The competition will be strong, but will always be better a RCT4. I don't know the game that will make Frontier but I hope we do not come with a Thrillville.

In times of crisis I would not risk that Frontier and Atari that make separate games, because if they make the RCT4 together would come out the best in the series: RCT4.

For this reason, I doubt Frontier make a game with such realism as can be RCT4.
Well, we will see that game make out Frontier have if we do not disappoint with another Thrillville.
I disagree - competition always brings out the best in games.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 17/04/2012, 7:06 AM
Raulrct's Avatar
Raulrct Raulrct is offline
Competent
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Catalonia (Spain)
Posts: 212
Raulrct is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirchick View Post
I disagree - competition always brings out the best in games.
For me not, because we are not talking about competition between Frontier and Atari, Frontier release this game in 2012 and to RCT4 no plans for now, which will not compete.


I'm sure Atari does not know that Frontier will bring as game of rollercoasters.

Always, always, always will better than Atari and Frontier together make the RCT4 and not make a separate game, in times of crisis I would not risk making two separate games.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 20/04/2012, 6:19 PM
sirchick sirchick is offline
Competent
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 148
sirchick is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raulrct View Post
For me not, because we are not talking about competition between Frontier and Atari, Frontier release this game in 2012 and to RCT4 no plans for now, which will not compete.


I'm sure Atari does not know that Frontier will bring as game of rollercoasters.

Always, always, always will better than Atari and Frontier together make the RCT4 and not make a separate game, in times of crisis I would not risk making two separate games.
Yes but when Frontier release the game, Atari have to out do it or they won't sell - you can't sell games if you don't improve them from before you always have to "better" them.

This is why competition is good (also prices of games drop with competition).
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 20/04/2012, 6:51 PM
Raulrct's Avatar
Raulrct Raulrct is offline
Competent
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Catalonia (Spain)
Posts: 212
Raulrct is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirchick View Post
Yes but when Frontier release the game, Atari have to out do it or they won't sell - you can't sell games if you don't improve them from before you always have to "better" them.

This is why competition is good (also prices of games drop with competition).
Atari will sell many copies of RCT 3DS and then maybe Atari make the RCT4 with ideas that asked in 2010.


If Frontier does a game as Thrillville not have much success not will very successful, the game has to be better than RCT3 (which is very difficult and and do not think make a better game) and especially that Frontier make a REALISTIC game.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 22/04/2012, 4:59 AM
sebar sebar is offline
Competent
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: L.A.
Posts: 328
sebar is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to sebar
Default What game

So far it's vaporware unless someone shows proof there is actually something in the making. Right Michael yeah, um right!
__________________
Payback's a new Frontier Theme Park Game...NOT!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Frontier Forums > Off-Topic > Game Development

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 3:42 PM.


Copyright © 2006-2013, Frontier Developments Ltd. All Rights Reserved.