Frontier Forums  

Go Back   Frontier Forums > Off-Topic > Games General > Space/SciFi Games

Notices

Old 26/04/2012, 6:33 PM

Location: Sunny Scotland. Anarchy System. Tech Level 0. No Police Presence. Enter At Own Risk!
Geraldine is just really niceGeraldine is just really niceGeraldine is just really niceGeraldine is just really nice
Default Heliosphere

Hi folks
Thought I would give you all a heads up on a new space sim trader in the works. I have checked out the vids for it and it looks very nice indeed in the range of features it has and is hopefully going to have.

Some highlights, full Newtonian flight model with the option to switch off all flight aids, fully functioning cockpit just like a flight sim, possibility of playable capital ships that you can wander around, community based mods to be encouraged and DRM free.

If your interested, do drop by the SSC to have a look at the developer's thread, bare in mind though that this game is still in early development and comments and suggestions are most welcome.

Here have a look here for the dev thread on the SSC http://spacesimcentral.com/ssc/topic...h-heliosphere/

And here for the vids http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xq7...pt1_videogames

EDIT: Heliosphere now has it's own section within the SSC here a link http://spacesimcentral.com/ssc/forum/63-heliosphere/

Last edited by Geraldine; 10/04/2013 at 5:17 PM. Reason: Updating Links
Old 27/04/2012, 8:05 AM
Competent

Gibbon is on a distinguished road

Impressive doesn't even cover this. Watched all three videos, this guy is really talented. Kind of a cross between a flight sim and Elite, a heady combination. He seems to know what he's doing, love the features, the fact he wants people to add things with the 'content packs', somebody should throw some cash at this guy and get him to finish it. I wish him all the best and will follow this closely. Best thing i've seen in some time.

Old 27/04/2012, 4:45 PM
Dangerous

rgmarett is on a distinguished road

i agree - it sounds great. A little disappointed you can't land on planets, but maybe he'll develop that later.

I really like the fight sim aspect of it, something I was hoping for in a new Elite type game.
Old 13/11/2012, 10:19 AM
Mostly Harmless

yahoo92 is on a distinguished road

He seems to know what he's doing, love the features, the fact he wants people to add things with the 'content packs', somebody should throw some cash at this guy and get him to finish it.
Old 03/01/2013, 3:51 AM
Mostly Harmless

xnd_bogdan is on a distinguished road

I like where the ideea of the game if going. Someone should give the guy some cash.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Frontier Forums > Off-Topic > Games General > Space/SciFi Games