Frontier Forums  

Go Back   Frontier Forums > Elite:Dangerous > Elite: Dangerous General

Old 01/05/2014, 11:50 PM
Mostly Harmless

Inferno is on a distinguished road
Default T.Flight Hotas X in Alpha

Hi all.

I have just got Premium Beta and I am trying out my setup in single player missions. I am using a T.Flight Hotas X with separate throttle and stick. Everything is going smoothly except one thing. There is a rocker/paddle on the back of the throttle usually used for rudder/yaw, but I use joystick twist for this so want to use the rocker for another function. There is a button to unlock the rocker from rudder functionality and opening up another axis mode, but it doesn't work in the single player Alpha build I am using. I suspect it has something to do with the problem of Alpha 1.1 not recognising multiple USB devices.

So I have a question for any clever folks using T.Flight Hotas X in the later builds of Alpha.

Can you map the rocker to another function?

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 02/05/2014, 12:17 AM
Average

daemonmp3 is on a distinguished road

Hi,

yes you can.

I've got my T.Flight joystick's twist set up as yaw and my throttle rocker / paddle set up as lateral thrust.

Cheers,
daemon.
Commander Alpha Backer #57931 no longer. I shall call thee.......Bob.
Old 02/05/2014, 12:25 AM
Dangerous

technome is a jewel in the roughtechnome is a jewel in the roughtechnome is a jewel in the rough

You need to make sure the home button (marked with a picture of a house) is showing a green LED and not red.

The red LED means that the stick twist and throttle rocker are linked. A green LED means they are independent axes and may be assigned to different functions. I use the throttle rocker for the lateral thrusters.

I can't see any option to attach an image, otherwise I'd upload my config. I'll see if I can host it elsewhere.
Old 02/05/2014, 12:25 AM
Dangerous

Stachel is a jewel in the roughStachel is a jewel in the roughStachel is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemonmp3 View Post
Hi,

yes you can.

I've got my T.Flight joystick's twist set up as yaw and my throttle rocker / paddle set up as lateral thrust.

Cheers,
daemon.
How are you getting on with it? One of my biggest concerns is the rocker will not be useful for precision adjustment/s in the final game.
Old 02/05/2014, 12:41 AM
Mostly Harmless

Thanks for the speedy replies.

This great news, the more controls I have at my finger tips the better. I want as many functions within quick access as possible, without taking my hands off control sticks and fumble for a keyboard in the heat of battle.
Old 02/05/2014, 12:43 AM
Dangerous

Stachel is a jewel in the roughStachel is a jewel in the roughStachel is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post

This great news, the more controls I have at my finger tips the better. I want as many functions within quick access as possible, without taking my hands off control sticks and fumble for a keyboard in the heat of battle.
I split mine and wedge my keyboard between the two (run cable underneath). Works good for hotkeys.
Old 02/05/2014, 12:50 AM
Mostly Harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgavin View Post
I split mine and wedge my keyboard between the two (run cable underneath). Works good for hotkeys.
Yeah I have done the same thing. The cord length is pretty much exactly the same as a keyboard, so its a designed for that intent I guess. Will also be handy to have keyboard close by for in game chat, there is in game chat channels?
Old 02/05/2014, 6:54 AM
Above Average

Serpentis Ictis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yeah I have done the same thing. The cord length is pretty much exactly the same as a keyboard, so its a designed for that intent I guess. Will also be handy to have keyboard close by for in game chat, there is in game chat channels?
I did the same, seems very prectical. I use the rocker for cycling targets, but not entirely happy with bindings yet.
Old 02/05/2014, 8:49 AM
Above Average

mahoon is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Without wishing to evangelise it constantly, I use VoiceAttack for precisely this reason. I'm using a T Flight Hotas too (with rocker mapped to lateral thrust), but like to keep both sticks together and between that and VA I'm not hitting the keyboard at all in the heat of battle.
Old 02/05/2014, 9:25 AM
Average

estebadia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahoon View Post
Without wishing to evangelise it constantly, I use VoiceAttack for precisely this reason. I'm using a T Flight Hotas too (with rocker mapped to lateral thrust), but like to keep both sticks together and between that and VA I'm not hitting the keyboard at all in the heat of battle.
same setup for me VA is a great soft and it adds to immersion as you can easily imagine a vocal control system on those flying saucers

plus i just ordered my third 24" screen to play Flight and Space sims with three monitors, so i ll stick with the T-Flight HOTAS for now, amazing piece of hardware for this very low price....

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Frontier Forums > Elite:Dangerous > Elite: Dangerous General