Frontier Forums  

Go Back   Frontier Forums > Elite:Dangerous > Elite: Dangerous General

Old 29/05/2014, 4:25 PM
Customer Services

Ashley Barley is just really niceAshley Barley is just really niceAshley Barley is just really niceAshley Barley is just really nice
Arrow Commander Names (take two!)

Hi everyone,

As most of you probably know, at the beginning of this week we opened up the facility for all alpha and premium beta players to finally change their commander names, through https://support.orerve.net/. Well today we attempted a batch update of names for the first time, and it turns out a nasty Trumble may have got stuck in the works...

The result of this is that any name requests that have been made through orerve.net this week have sadly been lost, and will need to be resubmitted. We're extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused by this, and will busy ourselves with approving all of your commander names in preparation for the beta!

The process for submitting your commander name is the same as before:

1. Login at: https://support.orerve.net/
2. Navigate to the ‘COMMANDER PROFILE’ tab
3. Enter your desired new commander name in the ‘Request a New Name’ field and press the ‘Request Name Change’ button.
4. If this is approved it will update the commander name at the top of the page.
5. If it is automatically denied a red message will appear above the field, stating the reason for the rejection.
6. If it is manually denied the player will receive an email telling them that their name has been rejected, once the batch update is complete.

If you have any questions feel free to pitch them below, and sorry again!
Old 29/05/2014, 4:27 PM
Elite

Liqua has much to be proud ofLiqua has much to be proud ofLiqua has much to be proud ofLiqua has much to be proud ofLiqua has much to be proud ofLiqua has much to be proud ofLiqua has much to be proud ofLiqua has much to be proud ofLiqua has much to be proud of

Have a hug Ashley
Old 29/05/2014, 4:28 PM
Dangerous

Jorlin is a glorious beacon of lightJorlin is a glorious beacon of lightJorlin is a glorious beacon of lightJorlin is a glorious beacon of lightJorlin is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the Info
Everything i post in here is just my personal, very subjective opinion. I neither claim the truth to be mine nor that i'm stating facts (unless i tell otherwise).
Postings after 22:00 BST are most likely better ignored.
Old 29/05/2014, 4:29 PM
Competent

GIR_mk_2 has a spectacular aura about themGIR_mk_2 has a spectacular aura about themGIR_mk_2 has a spectacular aura about them

Damn that Trumble but not much we can do except try again
Old 29/05/2014, 4:29 PM

Aleksej is a glorious beacon of lightAleksej is a glorious beacon of lightAleksej is a glorious beacon of lightAleksej is a glorious beacon of lightAleksej is a glorious beacon of light

Thread title "Commander Names (take two!)" might be understood ambiguously. When I have read it at first I thought that we can apply for two CMDR names (e.g. to be able to play as CMDR A for some time then to change to CMDR B).
Old 29/05/2014, 4:31 PM

Yaffle has much to be proud ofYaffle has much to be proud ofYaffle has much to be proud ofYaffle has much to be proud ofYaffle has much to be proud ofYaffle has much to be proud ofYaffle has much to be proud ofYaffle has much to be proud ofYaffle has much to be proud of

In the words of Frank the agony uncle, "sit down and have a drink".

We can cope with numbered backers for a while longer, don't panic Ashley.
Old 29/05/2014, 4:31 PM
Deadly

Mobius has a brilliant futureMobius has a brilliant futureMobius has a brilliant futureMobius has a brilliant futureMobius has a brilliant futureMobius has a brilliant futureMobius has a brilliant futureMobius has a brilliant futureMobius has a brilliant futureMobius has a brilliant futureMobius has a brilliant future

Oooh! i can see this issue causing a few people to create threads about commander names.
Old 29/05/2014, 4:35 PM
Dangerous

CMDR Texas Stu is a name known to allCMDR Texas Stu is a name known to allCMDR Texas Stu is a name known to allCMDR Texas Stu is a name known to allCMDR Texas Stu is a name known to allCMDR Texas Stu is a name known to all

**** happens.
Resubmitted and awaiting approval.
I still have to talk with my son on his name.
Old 29/05/2014, 4:35 PM
Dangerous

technome is a jewel in the roughtechnome is a jewel in the roughtechnome is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the heads-up, Ash.

Once I've submitted my request, it is neither accepted nor denied. I'm seeing:

Quote:
COMMANDER PROFILE
Welcome back, Commander <oldname>

Current Credits: 1501000
Most Recent Flight: 29/05/2014

If you wish to change your in-game Commander name, as displayed to other players, please enter it below and then click Request Name Change.

Please Note: This is not an automatic process, and may take time to be accepted or rejected. Only your most recent name change request will be considered.
The following will not be accepted:
  • Duplicates - the name you selected was already taken
  • Profanities
  • Non UTF-8 characters used
  • Use of Elite/Frontier specific names (Jameson, Elite, Braben, etc)

Requested Commander Name:
<newname>

Request a New Name: <newname>
Does this just mean it's pending a manual authorisation?

Last edited by technome; 29/05/2014 at 4:41 PM. Reason: syntax
Old 29/05/2014, 4:37 PM
Dangerous

JohnStabler is a name known to allJohnStabler is a name known to allJohnStabler is a name known to allJohnStabler is a name known to allJohnStabler is a name known to allJohnStabler is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Barley View Post
Hi everyone,

As most of you probably know, at the beginning of this week we opened up the facility for all alpha and premium beta players to finally change their commander names, through https://support.orerve.net/. Well today we attempted a batch update of names for the first time, and it turns out a nasty Trumble may have got stuck in the works...

The result of this is that any name requests that have been made through orerve.net this week have sadly been lost, and will need to be resubmitted. We're extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused by this, and will busy ourselves with approving all of your commander names in preparation for the beta!

The process for submitting your commander name is the same as before:

1. Login at: https://support.orerve.net/
2. Navigate to the ‘COMMANDER PROFILE’ tab
3. Enter your desired new commander name in the ‘Request a New Name’ field and press the ‘Request Name Change’ button.
4. If this is approved it will update the commander name at the top of the page.
5. If it is automatically denied a red message will appear above the field, stating the reason for the rejection.
6. If it is manually denied the player will receive an email telling them that their name has been rejected, once the batch update is complete.

If you have any questions feel free to pitch them below, and sorry again!
Trumbles have learnt SQL?

Quote:
DROP TABLE new_commander_names

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Frontier Forums > Elite:Dangerous > Elite: Dangerous General