Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #1

Arrow Commander Names (take two!)

Hi everyone,

As most of you probably know, at the beginning of this week we opened up the facility for all alpha and premium beta players to finally change their commander names, through https://support.orerve.net/. Well today we attempted a batch update of names for the first time, and it turns out a nasty Trumble may have got stuck in the works...

The result of this is that any name requests that have been made through orerve.net this week have sadly been lost, and will need to be resubmitted. We're extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused by this, and will busy ourselves with approving all of your commander names in preparation for the beta!

The process for submitting your commander name is the same as before:

1. Login at: https://support.orerve.net/
    2. Navigate to the ‘COMMANDER PROFILE’ tab
    3. Enter your desired new commander name in the ‘Request a New Name’ field and press the ‘Request Name Change’ button.
    4. If this is approved it will update the commander name at the top of the page.
    5. If it is automatically denied a red message will appear above the field, stating the reason for the rejection.
    6. If it is manually denied the player will receive an email telling them that their name has been rejected, once the batch update is complete.

If you have any questions feel free to pitch them below, and sorry again!

Thanks for the Info
    CMDR Jorlin Jollyfingers, Pilot of "The rabid Rabbit"
    “I don't hate people. I just feel better when they aren't around.” (Charles Bukowski)
    Disclaimer:
    Everything i post in here is just my personal, very subjective opinion. I neither claim the truth to be mine nor that i'm stating facts (unless i tell otherwise). Postings after 21:00 GMT are most likely better ignored.

Damn that Trumble but not much we can do except try again
    No kind deed forgotten and no debt unpaid, Imperial Assassin clan The Black knights

Thread title "Commander Names (take two!)" might be understood ambiguously. When I have read it at first I thought that we can apply for two CMDR names (e.g. to be able to play as CMDR A for some time then to change to CMDR B).

In the words of Frank the agony uncle, "sit down and have a drink".

We can cope with numbered backers for a while longer, don't panic Ashley.
    http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p14/WC_Yaffle/yafflesig2_zps1f3a9858.png

Oooh! i can see this issue causing a few people to create threads about commander names.

**** happens.
    Resubmitted and awaiting approval.
    I still have to talk with my son on his name.

Burn the Land and Boil the Sea, You Can't Take the Sky from Me!

Thanks for the heads-up, Ash.

Once I've submitted my request, it is neither accepted nor denied. I'm seeing:

COMMANDER PROFILE
    Welcome back, Commander <oldname>

Current Credits: 1501000
    Most Recent Flight: 29/05/2014

If you wish to change your in-game Commander name, as displayed to other players, please enter it below and then click Request Name Change.

Please Note: This is not an automatic process, and may take time to be accepted or rejected. Only your most recent name change request will be considered.
    The following will not be accepted:

• Duplicates - the name you selected was already taken
    • Profanities
    • Non UTF-8 characters used
    • Use of Elite/Frontier specific names (Jameson, Elite, Braben, etc)

Requested Commander Name:
    <newname>

Request a New Name: <newname>
    Does this just mean it's pending a manual authorisation?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Barley View Post
    Hi everyone,

As most of you probably know, at the beginning of this week we opened up the facility for all alpha and premium beta players to finally change their commander names, through https://support.orerve.net/. Well today we attempted a batch update of names for the first time, and it turns out a nasty Trumble may have got stuck in the works...

The result of this is that any name requests that have been made through orerve.net this week have sadly been lost, and will need to be resubmitted. We're extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused by this, and will busy ourselves with approving all of your commander names in preparation for the beta!

The process for submitting your commander name is the same as before:

1. Login at: https://support.orerve.net/
    2. Navigate to the ‘COMMANDER PROFILE’ tab
    3. Enter your desired new commander name in the ‘Request a New Name’ field and press the ‘Request Name Change’ button.
    4. If this is approved it will update the commander name at the top of the page.
    5. If it is automatically denied a red message will appear above the field, stating the reason for the rejection.
    6. If it is manually denied the player will receive an email telling them that their name has been rejected, once the batch update is complete.

If you have any questions feel free to pitch them below, and sorry again!
    Trumbles have learnt SQL?

DROP TABLE new_commander_names
    Lave Radio BBS // Lave Radio Podcast // Swift Dispatch - Stories & eyewitness accounts

Quote Originally Posted by technome View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up, Ash.

Once I've submitted my request, it is neither accepted or denied. I'm seeing:

Does this just mean it's pending a manual authorisation?
    This is what my original request was saying since Wednesday (and now does once more for "take two"). Therefore I think it means once they run that batch process again, it will finally apply at the top (hopefully!).

Quote Originally Posted by JohnStabler View Post
    Trumbles have learnt SQL?
    Yeah, own up. Who changed their name to
    Code:
    Robert'); DROP TABLE new_commander_names;--

Last edited by Mu77ley; 29/05/2014 at 3:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mu77ley View Post
    Yeah, own up. Who changed their name to
    Code:
    Robert'); DROP TABLE new_commander_names;
    you missed the
    Code:
    --
    at the end !

Quote Originally Posted by Mack View Post
    you missed the
    Code:
    --