Default Lynx Bulk Carrier indestructable?

Hmm, I always thought or assumed they were indestructable, surely I must have tried to shoot one before but then the other day I targeted one accidentally and the radar mapper showed it had a hyperspace analyser. Hmm thats odd I thought, gave it a prod with my trusty 5MW pulse laser and down goes the hull %. So while the police got busy blowing up in the station dock I got busy tickling this monster to death.

I'm curious if this is normal, how about the long range cruisers?

Just been playing FE2 and they seem to be damn indestructible to me :-), could be a glitch?
    Dead in my sights, lets hope he hasn't got an energy bom...........................................

Commander Dark Knight.
    Elite rating - Competant.
    Federal Military Rank - Sgt Major.
    Ship - Tiger Trader.
    Based - Sol.

I vaguely remember both being destroyable. I think I used them to see just how much more powerful a Plasma Accelerator was than anything else.

(The results were inconclusive, since if I remember correctly even the small one blew them up so quickly it was difficult to get accurate timings)

As far as I remember they were indestructable, shame would have been a great explosion.

Dang, you made me test this .

At least in FFE (1.06 CD aka 1.1 ReMastered English version) Long-range Cruiser & Lynx Bulk Carrier are very much destructible.
    Fired up DOSbox (I have my old FFE installation copied directly from my DOS PC on my current HDD) and blasted at a couple of them.

Screenshot sequences:

Click on the pic to enlarge.
    Last edited by Zieman; 11/04/2013 at 2:13 PM. Reason: typos again

Friendliest Meteor Police that side of Riedquat ... and keep it under Lightspeed!
    My Elite: Dangerous videos , All you wanted to know about the game. And more.

I blew up a long range cruiser in FE2, to this day I still remember being gutted at how disappointingly small the explosion was
    "You'll never get to the moon in that"