Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Default One word - impressive

Long wait is over, lovely FD devs has given us long waited in-game video trailer. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE8B4KptyVI

AMAZING!

It is a cool vid, sure. The real question is - is that properly in-game, or is it promo-built video? (meaning - will the cockpit flights look the same? the flight mechanics? The combat scripting? the vfx?).

But, nevertheless - this looks awesome.

3. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by X2Eliah View Post
    It is a cool vid, sure. The real question is - is that properly in-game, or is it promo-built video? (meaning - will the cockpit flights look the same? the flight mechanics? The combat scripting? the vfx?).

But, nevertheless - this looks awesome.
    It's a mixture of both, it's all captured in game, but there is some post processing and the cockpit is a mock-up (we're implementing it in-game as we speak). We'll release a video in a few weeks that deconstructs the video from an art perspective so you'll get more details then.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Brookes View Post
    It's a mixture of both, it's all captured in game, but there is some post processing and the cockpit is a mock-up (we're implementing it in-game as we speak). We'll release a video in a few weeks that deconstructs the video from an art perspective so you'll get more details then.

Michael
    Cool, thanks for clarifying! I'd say, if you can manage the cockpit kickbacks/inertia as in the video, or similar to it, in the game, then it will be amazing.

7. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by X2Eliah View Post
    Cool, thanks for clarifying! I'd say, if you can manage the cockpit kickbacks/inertia as in the video, or similar to it, in the game, then it will be amazing.
    That's the plan!

Michael

ZOMG! This is so bloody damned awesome. OMG OMG!!!!!!

<edit> watching it for the 4th time and I still get the feeling of being kicked back in my chair as the ship warps. Massive thumbs up!!!
    Last edited by Penthux; 13/09/2013 at 7:56 AM.

Holy crap......That's going on the DVD Collection
    "Jameson's coming out of Retirement"

http://www.eliteforever.co.uk/

Wow! Simply... Wow!

Some more thruster activity for the manoeuvring thrusters would be welcome (and they should be bigger thrusters overall).
    Last edited by Susimetsa; 13/09/2013 at 7:59 AM.
    Elite - Tales from the Frontier author - please review on Amazon or Goodreads!
    Facebook author page - please visit!
    What is an RPG and what is it not? - Does Elite fit the criteria?

Great stuff.

I assume the fighters will be a lot tougher in the real game - they seemed to die pretty quickly in the video, is that just for dramatic purposes? Loved the Battlestar Galactica feel to capital ship combat. Also a bit of Stars Wars thrown in there with the trench run. Loved it.

12. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Erimus View Post
    Great stuff.

I assume the fighters will be a lot tougher in the real game - they seemed to die pretty quickly in the video, is that just for dramatic purposes? Loved the Battlestar Galactica feel to capital ship combat. Also a bit of Stars Wars thrown in there with the trench run. Loved it.
    Yes, the combat in the video has been compressed, things won't be quite so easy to kill.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Erimus View Post
    Great stuff.

<cough!> That's because it was the Federation laying down some ownage on the Empire. That's how we roll in the Federation.

YAY Federation
    Elite: C64 (Tape & Disk), Amiga, Atari ST, NES, Amstrad CPC (Tape), BBC Micro (Tape), ZX Spectrum (Tape)
    Elite II: Amiga, CD32, Atari ST, PC (Disk), Elite III: PC (CD & Disk), French CD (sealed)
    Oolite 1.77 (E Bombs+OXPs) Playing Elite since 1985.
    Is your sig compliant ?? Please check the forum rules

Also I love the "twitch play" that you can have with smaller ships. Exactly what I hoped for - the ability to use your environment as cover during combat by flying in and around larger ships and objects at speed, with larger ships more akin to barges as was mentioned a while back. If that's what FD are settling on it looks perfect.