Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. #16

  2. #17
    Agreed - very nice collection.

    I do feel the need to ask one question though - have you reached Elite rank in all of them...?
    Where logic won't work, I will.

  3. #18
    Fair play.
    I am well jealous of your Über collection there

  4. #19
    Wow, very nice! That is superbly obsessional You get a +1 it and thanks for posting the pic!
    Only 4 images. ; )

  5. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimi View Post
    Impressive.

    The only one that I know of that you haven't listed is the Commodore 128/64 version. I'm not sure if that was just a re-boxed CBM 64 version or if any real changes were made.
    Hi, there was no official 128 version of Elite, a couple of fan re-engineered versions have popped up over the years. The official version was the C64 Disk Edition, that had a few extras if loaded on to a 128.

  6. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by gunbladelad View Post
    Agreed - very nice collection.

    I do feel the need to ask one question though - have you reached Elite rank in all of them...?
    LOL.... alas no. I did get to Elite on the C64 version, which is the one I got my badge for. My next best was Deadly on the Amiga Version.

  7. #22
    Had to be asked, lol. Owning all those formats would be almost as impressive as owning the games, and I wouldn't expect you to have all of those computers / consoles set up.
    Where logic won't work, I will.

  8. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by gunbladelad View Post
    Had to be asked, lol. Owning all those formats would be almost as impressive as owning the games, and I wouldn't expect you to have all of those computers / consoles set up.
    Now that would be an awesome sight to behold!

  9. #24
    True, but can you imagine the wiring in behind the TV set? It would look like a server farm!
    Where logic won't work, I will.

  10. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by gunbladelad View Post
    Had to be asked, lol. Owning all those formats would be almost as impressive as owning the games, and I wouldn't expect you to have all of those computers / consoles set up.
    Well... prepare to be amazed!! I do indeed have all the machines!! I collect computers from my childhood (Mostly 8bit) and have collection of around 60 machines now. I can run Elite in its REAL RAW and ORIGINAL form, on the actual hardware. The only thing I dont have, is the OPUS drive for the speccy.

    Some people call me Geek, others call me Nerd. I am WAY WAY further along the scale than either

    And to top it all..... I work in I.T.

    I think its time for a wee play of Elite..... Lets choose.... Today I think I will play the Archimedes Version. On an actual Arch A310....

  11. #26
    wow

    (min 5 chars. too speechless can't comply)
    Cathy

  12. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by loudscotsbloke View Post
    I can run Elite in its REAL RAW and ORIGINAL form, on the actual hardware.
    This is the only way to really experience Elite as it was intended, for me, Elite II + 060 powered Amiga 4000 = Gaming Nirvana You see, it becomes more than the game itself, it's the feel of the keys, the whir of the disk or cassette tapes, even the ageing electronic smell the machines give off as their elderly chips heat up. Yes, I know exactly where you are coming from loudscotsbloke.

    Emulators are all well and good, I use them often myself as they are just easier, but there is always that certain "something" lacking with them and that something is the machines themselves, be it a Speccy, an Electron, a C64, an Amstrad, a ST or a Miggy; they all have their own foibles which just add to the experience over and above that provided by the game itself.

    To the rest of you out there with such "things" hidden away in your lofts for perhaps as much as 20 plus years, dig them out, fire them up and catch yourself grinning again just like you used to.

    You can always put them away again, but perhaps after just one more trade run?

  13. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Geraldine View Post
    Emulators are all well and good, I use them often myself as they are just easier, but there is always that certain "something" lacking with them and that something is the machines themselves, be it a Speccy, an Electron, a C64, an Amstrad, a ST or a Miggy; they all have their own foibles which just add to the experience over and above that provided by the game itself.
    Totally agree. Emulators are ok, for a quick reminder..... BUT.... you have to play on the original kit. I just wish that I had a version of Elite for all my machines, but some of the more obscure machines, never got an official version, even though most are either Z80 or 6502 based machines. Time to play the Amiga version I think.

    Brrr brrr brrr..... chug chug chug..... click click... brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr brrrrrrrrrrrr. I do love a good disk drive sound track.

    and then a quick.... dooooooooooo doooh....... doooooooooooo sqeeeek.... doooooooooo screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeech .... yes, the speccy 48 tape version. Then another beer.

  14. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by loudscotsbloke View Post
    and then a quick.... dooooooooooo doooh....... doooooooooooo sqeeeek.... doooooooooo screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeech .... yes, the speccy 48 tape version. Then another beer.
    You forgot eek! That usually followed after long screeching session.

  15. #30
    Can you post a few pics of the Opus spectrum version and its contents please?

    I believe this is hard to obtain due to being only available in the uk at boots on trade in of your cassette version. Considering the opus was nearly £200 at the time of an addition, not many people made the jump to it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not edit your posts
  • You may not post attachments
  •