Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #1

Default Elite: Dangerous will support Oculus Rift

Great news that we know many of you have been hoping for – today we’re announcing that Elite: Dangerous will support Oculus Rift. We’re very excited by this and if you aren’t aware of what Oculus Rift is then visit their website to find out more:

http://www.oculusvr.com/

I’m sure you’ll also be pleased to learn that the Oculus Rift version of Elite: Dangerous will be available to ALL backers that have an Oculus Rift headset for no extra cost.

Here’s David’s opinion on this:

“We’ve been playing with the Oculus Rift dev kits and are excited about the potential – just glancing around your cockpit or being totally immersed in a space battle. Many of our backers have made it clear that they would like Oculus Rift support – and so do we! We’re very pleased with the results so far.”

Michael

Errr .... YAY!
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5EZL4j3Qfc...00/Banner3.jpg

Coiner of '2Rads'

"If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done."
    Peter Ustinov 1921-2004

WAAAAAAAHHHH!!!

This is AMAZING news

Oh man, now I gotta go buy an OR...

Thank you, Frontier, thank you! I can say goodbye to real life forever now! Just need someone to bring me pizza and clean me up now and then
    Tales from the Frontier - an anthology of official Elite: Dangerous stories

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Brookes View Post
    Great news that we know many of you have been hoping for – today we’re announcing that Elite: Dangerous will support Oculus Rift. We’re very excited by this and if you aren’t aware of what Oculus Rift is then visit their website to find out more:

http://www.oculusvr.com/

I’m sure you’ll also be pleased to learn that the Oculus Rift version of Elite: Dangerous will be available to ALL backers that have an Oculus Rift headset for no extra cost.

Here’s David’s opinion on this:

“We’ve been playing with the Oculus Rift dev kits and are excited about the potential – just glancing around your cockpit or being totally immersed in a space battle. Many of our backers have made it clear that they would like Oculus Rift support – and so do we! We’re very pleased with the results so far.”

Michael
    Damit! That suddenly increased the sum I was planning to spend on my next PC build!

Thankfully, they haven't released the commercial version yet. Will give me a little extra time to save up.

But, great news indeed!!
    >> MIND THE GAP...SIGNATURE CREATION IN PROGRESS (Soon™)<<
    List of official design proposals

Very cool and all, but few people will never see, less try this feature.

Best new ever, now I just need to wait for ED to be released and the retail version of occulus rift to be released.

Yes!

I know I've been going on about OR on here a lot (too much actually) but it's such an amazing experience that I think this is fantastic news! I firmly believe that cockpit based games will be one of the best types of game for the Rift and the fact that ED will support this is amazing!

ED... just got even better!

Default TrackIR

Rift support is great! Though as a proud owner of TrackIR I am keen to know whether TrackIR will be supported too! It's far more reasonably priced than the Rift will be!

Thanks Michael for keeping us so well updated!
    "When we meet it must be the death of one or both of us" Allan Pinkerton 1874

Default yay!

And another space-sim with OR-support!

As i will buy one for StarCititzen, the OR-support in Elite will be a thick bonus! ^^

Thanks for this amazing news!

I'm sure a lot of people will be very excited by this.

This is fantastic news, thanks Michael.

Coupled with the recent announcement about super cruise, I am now almost pant-wettingly excited about this game

I really wasn't expecting this news at this point in the development of Elite: Dangerous so I'm very excited to see it. As an owner of an Oculus Rift development I think this is absolutely AWESOME news! With the in cockpit view I expect Elite : Dangerous to work really with the Oculus Rift.

@Michael

BTW. I hope you realize that this is worth a short KS update!

EDIT: Ok, should have checked my mail, before writing that.
    Last edited by Tinman; 10/10/2013 at 10:20 AM.
    >> MIND THE GAP...SIGNATURE CREATION IN PROGRESS (Soon™)<<
    List of official design proposals