Frontier Forums  

Go Back   Frontier Forums > Elite:Dangerous > Elite: Dangerous Updates

Old 10/10/2013, 10:04 AM
Executive Producer

Michael Brookes has much to be proud ofMichael Brookes has much to be proud ofMichael Brookes has much to be proud ofMichael Brookes has much to be proud ofMichael Brookes has much to be proud ofMichael Brookes has much to be proud ofMichael Brookes has much to be proud ofMichael Brookes has much to be proud of
Default Elite: Dangerous will support Oculus Rift

Great news that we know many of you have been hoping for – today we’re announcing that Elite: Dangerous will support Oculus Rift. We’re very excited by this and if you aren’t aware of what Oculus Rift is then visit their website to find out more:

http://www.oculusvr.com/

I’m sure you’ll also be pleased to learn that the Oculus Rift version of Elite: Dangerous will be available to ALL backers that have an Oculus Rift headset for no extra cost.

Here’s David’s opinion on this:

“We’ve been playing with the Oculus Rift dev kits and are excited about the potential – just glancing around your cockpit or being totally immersed in a space battle. Many of our backers have made it clear that they would like Oculus Rift support – and so do we! We’re very pleased with the results so far.”

Michael
Old 10/10/2013, 10:08 AM
Average

Toaster05 is on a distinguished road

Errr .... YAY!

Coiner of '2Rads'

"If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done."
Peter Ustinov 1921-2004
Old 10/10/2013, 10:08 AM
Deadly

Darren Grey is a splendid one to beholdDarren Grey is a splendid one to beholdDarren Grey is a splendid one to beholdDarren Grey is a splendid one to beholdDarren Grey is a splendid one to beholdDarren Grey is a splendid one to beholdDarren Grey is a splendid one to behold

WAAAAAAAHHHH!!!

This is AMAZING news

Oh man, now I gotta go buy an OR...

Thank you, Frontier, thank you! I can say goodbye to real life forever now! Just need someone to bring me pizza and clean me up now and then
Old 10/10/2013, 10:09 AM
Deadly

Tinman has much to be proud ofTinman has much to be proud ofTinman has much to be proud ofTinman has much to be proud ofTinman has much to be proud ofTinman has much to be proud ofTinman has much to be proud ofTinman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brookes View Post
Great news that we know many of you have been hoping for – today we’re announcing that Elite: Dangerous will support Oculus Rift. We’re very excited by this and if you aren’t aware of what Oculus Rift is then visit their website to find out more:

http://www.oculusvr.com/

I’m sure you’ll also be pleased to learn that the Oculus Rift version of Elite: Dangerous will be available to ALL backers that have an Oculus Rift headset for no extra cost.

Here’s David’s opinion on this:

“We’ve been playing with the Oculus Rift dev kits and are excited about the potential – just glancing around your cockpit or being totally immersed in a space battle. Many of our backers have made it clear that they would like Oculus Rift support – and so do we! We’re very pleased with the results so far.”

Michael
Damit! That suddenly increased the sum I was planning to spend on my next PC build!

Thankfully, they haven't released the commercial version yet. Will give me a little extra time to save up.

But, great news indeed!!
Old 10/10/2013, 10:09 AM
Mostly Harmless

Mabec is on a distinguished road

Very cool and all, but few people will never see, less try this feature.
Old 10/10/2013, 10:11 AM
Competent

Zalamander is on a distinguished road

Best new ever, now I just need to wait for ED to be released and the retail version of occulus rift to be released.
Competent

Cthulhus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Cthulhus

Thanks for this great new !
Deadly

jabokai has much to be proud ofjabokai has much to be proud ofjabokai has much to be proud ofjabokai has much to be proud ofjabokai has much to be proud ofjabokai has much to be proud ofjabokai has much to be proud ofjabokai has much to be proud ofjabokai has much to be proud of

Yes!

I know I've been going on about OR on here a lot (too much actually) but it's such an amazing experience that I think this is fantastic news! I firmly believe that cockpit based games will be one of the best types of game for the Rift and the fact that ED will support this is amazing!

ED... just got even better!
Old 10/10/2013, 10:12 AM
Elite

Pecisk is a splendid one to beholdPecisk is a splendid one to beholdPecisk is a splendid one to beholdPecisk is a splendid one to beholdPecisk is a splendid one to beholdPecisk is a splendid one to beholdPecisk is a splendid one to beholdPecisk is a splendid one to behold

Thank you FD!
Old 10/10/2013, 10:12 AM
Competent

roryscarlett has a spectacular aura about themroryscarlett has a spectacular aura about them
Default TrackIR

Rift support is great! Though as a proud owner of TrackIR I am keen to know whether TrackIR will be supported too! It's far more reasonably priced than the Rift will be!

Thanks Michael for keeping us so well updated!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Frontier Forums > Elite:Dangerous > Elite: Dangerous Updates