Frontier Forums  

Go Back   Frontier Forums > Elite:Dangerous > Elite: Dangerous Fan Creations

Old 09/12/2013, 9:01 AM
Dangerous

Kroy is just really niceKroy is just really niceKroy is just really niceKroy is just really nice
Default A list of Beta Let's Plays; Streamers; and other in-game footage

A host of streams, youtube channels and such sparking in to life for the Alpha?! Here's the likely list:

MOD NOTE: For those who will be using TwitchTV, be sure to input the game as "Elite: Dangerous" (without the quotes) under the currently/now playing field. That way, we can see it show up here:
-->CLICK ME! STREAMERS WHO ARE LIVE NOW!<--

__________________________________________________ ___
Live Stream for your bookmarking pleasure:

Kerrash @ Twitch <-- streaming since 12th December 2013 (uk-based).

Sharpshifter @ Twitch <-- streaming since 12th December 2013

Zalamander @ Twitch

Nattehond @Twitch

Zenoa @Twitch

A wild psykokow appears @ twitch

Burning a hole in your fuzz Darkman on twitch

Exploding his trousers since 2014 CaptGrumpyPants @ Twitch

Slamdunk Splunkjamma @ twitch

I say, wot, ole chap it's the Nazarene on twitch

BoldRover @ Twitch (premium beta)

Remklep @ Twitch

VideoCast:

Kroy Mortlach @ YouTube

Commandr Sam @ YouTube

Jack Booted Thug

JazHaz is Oolite @ YouTube

OneViGOR will be doing let's plays @ YouTube

JohnStabler @YouTube

zenoah @YouTube

CMdrBond @ YouTube Playlist

Riandor @ YouTube Channel

mark_t50 @ Youtube Playlist

Marc Paris @ Youtube Channel

Valkyrie @ Youtube channel

Dr Wookie @ YouTube Channel

Darkman @ YouTube

Zieman @ YouTube Channel

CaptGrumpyPants @ YouTube Channel

Splunkjamma @ YouTube

Cmdr Sp33dy @ YouTube

deusx_ophc @ YouTube

Zeewolf @ YouTube

radio/audio/podcast:
The indomitable Lave Radio

Watch again - Stream Libraries

Kerrash - Elite Dangerous Alpha Playthroughs (and more)

If you will be streaming, recording, let us know where, twitchtv, youtube, vimeo or others

Useful list of screen recorder software and associated paraphernalia:
( Click to show/hide )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twix166 View Post
There's lots of talk about FRAPS but has anybody tried PlayClaw?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyB(EDB50) View Post
camstudio is one example i found with a quick google search, open source and free to use
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Hook View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnStabler View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susimetsa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvj1961 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmos View Post
Haven't you guys ever used MSI Afterburner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrash View Post

Rough guide to those interested in the first steps of making game-play videos:
( Click to show/hide )

First you need to make sure you have a decent computer. By decent I mean, lots of RAM, SolidStateDrive or a fast HDD, a meaty GFX card capable of running at least 1980*1080 at >25fps min. Decent broadband also helps useful in this up-to-the minute HD age. A good CPU (something around 2 or 3 years which was "good" back then) will always help. We don't yet know the min specs for E: D but it is a constant that screencapture carries an overhead so you need a bit of headroom.

If you want to capture your voiceover you'll need a microphone. if you want to capture more than one person speaking you'll need a voice comms server (not skype - mumble, ts3, vent etc).

Software:

everyone has their preferences, trial and error will find the one you like. Camtasia, FRAPs, CamStudio, there are lots to try. Some will cost you, some are free. Paying is not necessarily better, but again, it's down to preference.

Editing:

you will want to have the means for editing your software. Long flashy intros are not necessary (imho) but editing out the phone ringing, dog barking, kids shouting in the background... are. Also, unless you are naturally gifted speaker, it might be nice to record your footage first, then edit out the dross, and add your narration on top.

You don't want to use windows movie maker for this. Really. Just don't try. You will waste a lot of time. That said, I don't advocate using professional tools either. Perhaps something like "lite" versions of the pro-tools. Again this comes down to preference. Some people like Sony, Adobe, and there are free ones such as virtual dub and others.

Uploading:

Always try to upload in the best resolution you can possibly manage. People don't like watching crap quality (even if that's all their crummy ISP broadband will allow).

when you're done with a masterpeice, think on where to launch it. Youtube isn't the ONLY player in town. You have Vimeo too and again, there are likely others that people will recommend.

Listening to feedback:

You will (and should solicit) feedback. It's the only way you'll get better. That said, you can ignore the statistical outliers. Look for the constructive comments and feedback and ignore the trolls. Also watch lots of other peoples' videos and see what you like. As always, exposure to this kind of thing will go a long way to helping your own creativity.

Above all- have fun. There are people who make a living out of this sort of thing. I don't know if that's anyone's aspirations here, but it is a good way to keep yourself and others motivated to play in a game.

Streaming - well that's a different kettle of fish entirely and due to my sucky broadband something I don't have a lot of experience with. At least, I know people who stream via twitch.tv and they seem to enjoy themselves. So a good place to start would be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void Sun View Post
MSI afterburner capture works great for me and is one of the only tools I have found that will capture Crossfire artefacts as most seem to disable Crossfire when recording starts.

However MSI Afterburner creates those damn huge hulking .AVI files 2.5GB for 5 minutes of footage at 1080p.

Being a bit tight I decided to see what can be done for free. I have VirtualDub which does basic editing etc. and coupled with the following guide now use this to rescale trim and convert my videos in one process.

VirtualDub save direct to mp4 -Fraps to YouTube - with external encoders

Using this I record at 85% quality in MSI Afterburner then I can crop and trim the video, downscale by 2:1 and convert to MP4 (2.5GB to 80MB) in one fairly simple process.

Mystical Awakening
Guild recruiting: Signing up pilots for co-operative play in Alpha and Beta

Last edited by Kroy; 18/04/2014 at 2:26 PM. Reason: New Vids/Streams added
Old 09/12/2013, 9:06 AM
Dangerous

Bingo Brewster is a jewel in the roughBingo Brewster is a jewel in the roughBingo Brewster is a jewel in the roughBingo Brewster is a jewel in the rough

I intend to post on the Youtube on the bingobrewster channel. Will also post piccys on these forums where appropriate.
Old 09/12/2013, 9:14 AM
Elite

Pecisk is a splendid one to beholdPecisk is a splendid one to beholdPecisk is a splendid one to beholdPecisk is a splendid one to beholdPecisk is a splendid one to beholdPecisk is a splendid one to beholdPecisk is a splendid one to beholdPecisk is a splendid one to behold

I hope this will get really hot topic this week
Old 09/12/2013, 9:17 AM
Dangerous

Erimus is a glorious beacon of lightErimus is a glorious beacon of lightErimus is a glorious beacon of lightErimus is a glorious beacon of lightErimus is a glorious beacon of light

I'm in beta so I'll bookmark this thread for future reference as I plan to make some vids. Good stuff Kroy

Maybe the mods will sticky it?
Old 09/12/2013, 9:39 AM
Dangerous

Mephane is a glorious beacon of lightMephane is a glorious beacon of lightMephane is a glorious beacon of lightMephane is a glorious beacon of lightMephane is a glorious beacon of light

A mod should make this sticky, please.
Old 09/12/2013, 9:50 AM
Competent

OneViGOR will become famous soon enoughOneViGOR will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to OneViGOR

Excellent! Good to see this post not only back, but widely available to everyone. Everyone feast your eyes, and click subscribe! I will be eagerly awaiting content from each of these sources. Livestreams might be an issue, as I'll probably be playing while they're live

Still, archiving's an option.

See you guys in alpha, and even if I don't you can see me!
Old 09/12/2013, 10:00 AM

T.j has much to be proud ofT.j has much to be proud ofT.j has much to be proud ofT.j has much to be proud ofT.j has much to be proud ofT.j has much to be proud ofT.j has much to be proud ofT.j has much to be proud ofT.j has much to be proud ofT.j has much to be proud of

Thread stickied.
Old 09/12/2013, 10:23 AM
Dangerous

Kroy is just really niceKroy is just really niceKroy is just really niceKroy is just really nice

Great! Two for the price of one. Maximum coverage - Let's hope these youtubers and streamers will get more people involved in E: D (no pressure guys 'n' gals).

Mystical Awakening
Guild recruiting: Signing up pilots for co-operative play in Alpha and Beta
Old 09/12/2013, 10:31 AM
Dangerous

JohnStabler is a name known to allJohnStabler is a name known to allJohnStabler is a name known to allJohnStabler is a name known to allJohnStabler is a name known to allJohnStabler is a name known to all

Just to clarify, Lave Radio will be doing gameplay videos on the official LaveRadio YouTube channel. It may not just be myself, I believe Allen mentioned Mac tutorials on the podcast.

If I record some footage which has comedic value then I'll probably post it on my GingerMonkey YouTube channel.
Old 09/12/2013, 10:38 AM
Elite

Pecisk is a splendid one to beholdPecisk is a splendid one to beholdPecisk is a splendid one to beholdPecisk is a splendid one to beholdPecisk is a splendid one to beholdPecisk is a splendid one to beholdPecisk is a splendid one to beholdPecisk is a splendid one to behold

Thanks T.J., you are truly the best! And that's not because you yield BANHAMMER

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Frontier Forums > Elite:Dangerous > Elite: Dangerous Fan Creations