Arctic Fox...worst case scenario just happened

Just my opinion. But I'd love to get the communities feedback.

I know how far down the metalist the arctic fox was (behind raccoon, black bear, musk ox, wolverine, elk, manatee....)

My worst case scenario for a North American animal would have been a coyote or arctic fox. I am a little baffled with perfectly good metalists reflecting community feedback, why include the arctic fox. The animal no one asked for.👎

An arctic 2 dlc with walrus, wolverine, musk ox and arctic fox would have been a better play in my opinion. Now it's just taking up the slot of a potentially more requested north american animal. Just a thought.

In the meta list the Arctic fox is place 40 and it has more votes than the prairie dog. So I would not say it was not asked at all. For me it is a good Inclusion. So now we have a desert fox and a polar fox. If we would get the red fox for moderate temperature this would also be okay for me.

Edit: Worst case would have been the Inclusion of the kodiak bear for me 😀

The animal no one asked for.👎
I for one have been asking for them for a long time, so I'm really happy to see them included. And just imagine we would have gotten a coyote instead of another fox (not to mention that "another fox" simply means that it's a unique fox inhabiting an entirely different geological niche than the fennec fox): the community would have lost their minds.

And as @becks474 says, they received a lot more votes on the metalist than the prairie dog, for example, which was also included.

I think they have seen how many people have been requesting arctic foxes for the Arctic Pack, especially as a more interesting alternative to the Arctic Wolf, and wanted to make good on that regard. I have zero issues with that (unless, of course, the model turns out to be a disappointment). Of course, a wolverine would have made even more people happy, but I think they're saving that for a potential Europe DLC.

Here you can see how little people actually asked for it.

Type north anerica pack into the search and people really didn't ask for the arctic fox for north america packs.

I guess I should have said second worst scenario. We still get support, but none of the animals you are asking for.

"The Frontier Way!" 😁👌

We got five animals out of the top 10 in the meta list. So you cannot say that we didid not get animals we were asking for.

Type north anerica pack into the search and people really didn't ask for the arctic fox for north america packs.

This Thread was not a wishlist, it was a bet which animals will get a spot. So you cannot come with this Thread to conclude on peoples wishes

You realize that this particular thread asks for prediction, not wishlist, right? Not the same thing. The arctic fox was an unexpected inclusion, but you cannot conclude that it wasn't wanted by anyone at all.

I really don’t mind them included. Now in a choice between the red or arctic fox I’d prefer the red but arctic is a welcome addition imo. Honestly that being said I think all the animals are great but if I could add one more to this list it would be the black bear. I know another bear but these guys are practically everywhere in the US. We were even lucky enough to have one in our backyard two yrs ago. In lower Michigan they are pretty uncommon compared to the upper peninsula. I know there’s more unique choices for sure but only animal I’m somewhat disappointed that didn’t make it.

As much as I love all the animal-choices of the NA Pack, the Arctic Fox is my favorite out of them. I'm biased, of course, as foxes are my favorite animal. The only animal I might like more is the Capybara, but that really doesnt belong into this pack :D

If I could choose, I would have had the Arctic fox in the Arctic DLC already, and I'd still like to see the Red Fox (with fur variants for silver fox, black fox etc) in the game, but as I already said, that might just be me liking foxes.

I really dont get people whining about "another fox" or "another canine"... the arctic fox is quite different from the already existing fennec, and it is very different from many other canines in the game. Not to mention that we technically have more felines, but I haven't read anyone complaining about those yet.

My goodness, have you ever met animal fans before? Look at the internet as a whole instead of our little niche “meta wishlist” most people don’t know or care about. Foxes are some of the most popular animals out there. Arctic foxes just behind red foxes when it comes to kids and furries obsessing over them. And most people who play this game are probably in the 10-30 range after all.

You can't say that people didn't ask for it if it's one of the animals on the community meta wishlist though 😅
Also, beyond this. What is the number 1 criticism of the Arctic pack? "Arctic wolf over Arctic fox, Arctic wolf over Arctic fox, Arctic wolf over Arctic fox" etc. etc.
This remedies that "original sin" if you will. Personally, I'm thrilled to have it. There was no real in-betweener animal for a specifically Arctic themed area, and it still fits and a generic North America section. I think it's a great choice.

People seem to really like the arctic fox inclusion.

Honestly, it would have made a short list of animals that I feel take up a spot (ex: arctic fox, another wolf, big horned sheep, coyote) but it's just my opinion.

I'm not sure if the title of the thread made all the arctic fox defenders come to it's defense...but it seems like people really liked it.

I guess I was transferring my feelings towards it, since there are a few North American species I would have preferred over the Arctic Fox.

Such as Elk (or Wapiti), Wolverine, Alligator Snapping Turtle, Musk Ox, American Black Bear, River Otter, Pine Marten, Great Blue Heron, Raccoon, Porcupine, Peccary, Armadillo, Coati, Manatee. Again just my opinion.

Top Bottom