Game Discussions Helldivers 2

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
This game is bad. Do not get anywhere close. You have been warned.
nope.jpg

Tried the PC version first off but it hard rebooted my rig every time I fired up the game. Seemingly the game has issues with higher end AMD cards, couldn't even get as far as the options menu to see if I could adjust anything. Tried all the suggested fixes and workarounds, none of them did anything at all...but hard rebooting my PC every time I attempted to play was a big no-no for me so I uninstalled it until it's fixed...

However, I also have the PS5 version thanks to linking my Steam account and had a blast at it this afternoon.

Never thought playing with randoms could be so much fun...worth a buy for sure :)

It's probably not quite the same experience for people not used to a Scot's accent. :p
Our erstwhile random crew consisted of two French guys and a former French Algerian chap who now lives in San Jose...and me with my best highland drawl...my French is worse than poor... but fortunately, my team mates spoke pretty good English with a smattering of the choicest French swear words and a few broad Scots phrases (that I had to explain to the crew after action) in amongst the pure chaos of Helldiver. :whistle:

I think we were all laughing so much the language barrier was truly broken :)

Last edited:
A good coop game? Can it be? The last iterations I saw in this genre didn't convince much. Deep Rock Galactic was the last successful I witnessed.
And I don't get what all the people always go on about pugging. It's the ultimate game modifier. Sometimes you get a god who carries you on their wings to victory, sometimes it's an enemy agent on your team, or a dev playing a hacked client taking over the opposition.

A good coop game? Can it be? The last iterations I saw in this genre didn't convince much. Deep Rock Galactic was the last successful I witnessed.
And I don't get what all the people always go on about pugging. It's the ultimate game modifier. Sometimes you get a god who carries you on their wings to victory, sometimes it's an enemy agent on your team, or a dev playing a hacked client taking over the opposition.
It's definitely very good, the last coop PvE multiplayer game I truly enjoyed was GR Wildlands...this is way more fun :)

Still playing crossplay from my PS5 alongside my PC mates (I have zero friends on PSN)....with absolutely no networking issues I should add, smooth as silk the entire time I've been playing this. Being able to either VOIP in game or use Discord live chat from the PS5 is nice too. The PC version of Helldiver still doesn't like my AMD GPU and continues to hard reboot it after firing up the game.
😐

Tonights game though, there were over half a million concurrent players playing Helldiver just on PC, no idea how many more thousands playing on PS5...staggering :oops:

Looks like they got the formula quite right. They have this strategic layer where you contribute to. In Foxhole it's the war everyone works for, here you run missions ( I bet they are about 20-30 mins). Vermintide had story themed missions. Darktide just had missions pop up with minimal background - only loop was gathering loot.

I have to say that this is a game living up to the hype. It reminds me of Battlefield back during the halcyon days but better because of the persistent campaign. It feels like you are contributing to a war. I can't wait to see where Arrowhead brings this title in the coming year. At a minimum, it looks like a third front is coming to the war...

Still going strong, even on a Monday night:

Screenshot 2024-03-04 221221.png

I have to say that this is a game living up to the hype. It reminds me of Battlefield back during the halcyon days but better because of the persistent campaign. It feels like you are contributing to a war. I can't wait to see where Arrowhead brings this title in the coming year. At a minimum, it looks like a third front is coming to the war...

Still going strong, even on a Monday night:

View attachment 385760

Helldivers 2 is the gold standard of co-op PVE scifi shooters. Other devs should learn from it.

Top Bottom