Horizon Forbidden West coming to PC

Forbidden West is coming to PC (Steam and Epic) March 21st. I'm still playing through it on PS5 so I'll probably give this a miss...it's a pretty good addition to your game library if you liked Zero Dawn. 50 bucks for the complete edition on PC is still cheaper than it is in the PlayStation store for PS5 version :)

As a game, it's a solid 8.5/10 all day.

Last edited:

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
I am so excited! I'm glad we didn't have to wait as long as we did for HZD, but I absolutely loved it when I finally played it. I managed to avoid anything to do with the story for HZD and have for this one too.

HZD also still has the best photo mode I've used in a game, so I'm ready to lose my life :D And it's the day after my Birthday 🤘

I am so excited! I'm glad we didn't have to wait as long as we did for HZD, but I absolutely loved it when I finally played it. I managed to avoid anything to do with the story for HZD and have for this one too.

HZD also still has the best photo mode I've used in a game, so I'm ready to lose my life :D And it's the day after my Birthday 🤘
Even compared to HZD...the game world of Forbidden West is massive with a load of new gameplay mechanics to play around with. It was the first game I bought for the PS5 since I was a huge fan of HZD. :)

Last edited:

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Even compared to HZD...the game world of Forbidden West is massive with a load of new gameplay mechanics to play around with. I love it on the PS5 since I was a huge fan of HZD. :)
I was thinking of taking my Birthday week off work anyway, but now I'm thinking I might take the week after off instead. Sack off going outside and doing things, and just play Forbidden West instead 😅

YES! Now should I pre-order or not. The last one did have some bugs which needed some time to get fixed. But I want it anyway, argl.

YES! Now should I pre-order or not. The last one did have some bugs which needed some time to get fixed. But I want it anyway, argl.
The PC port is being done by NIXXES, so from their previous experience of porting from PS4 to PC, porting from PS5, which runs Forbidden West at a fixed 60 fps@ 4k resolutions over to PC should be a more positive port over than the original got. For me personally, I'd feel quite comfortable pre-ordering on that basis...with a hefty bit of touching wood.

I think Sony and their internal studios with the bigger PS exclusives, they've belatedly started to realise they can't go on making PC releases a hit or miss affair. The abysmally optimised and poorly received PC release of The Last of Us part one was a disaster for Naughty Dog, so I don't see Sony making the same mistake twice...at least I'd seriously hope not :D

Last edited:
Just waiting for Ghost of Tsushima to get to PC now :)

Ghost of Tsushima_20231114210211.jpg

Ghost of Tsushima_20231114165944.jpg

I bit the bullet and bought it again for PC on release day...and I pre-ordered Ghost of Tsushima as well which is arriving in May.

Sony must have seen me coming from a long way off :rolleyes:

Top Bottom