I'm looking for a single player pc game

Good evening friends
I'm looking for a single player pc game of merchant sea and pirates
Which one do you have to offer me?

i suggest typing this into google
pc game of merchant sea and pirates
as this is a space game and this games developer has no sea faring games at the momment
can you suggest a good camel simulator i only have a goat one?

(thread originally posted in the elite dangerous pc subforum)

Last edited:
With a cute pay to play feature, through a steady grindwall you unlock a token that allows access to "TurboHampster" which in turn costs 99 quid.
Gotta go round quicker!

Good evening friends
I'm looking for a single player pc game of merchant sea and pirates
Which one do you have to offer me?
Well, there's the good old Sid Meier's PIRATES! - you'll most likely need DosBOX to run it, if you can find a copy...

If you're talking age of sail era games there are quite a few. The one's I've looked at are:
Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail - Navy and Pirates
Sea of Thieves

If you're after a real ocean going game that's kind-of-like pirates, look at UBoat. Its early access but an awesome game. You feel like you're there.

For future wants, I wish there was a post Apocalyptic naval game. Rouge pirates scouring the seas for anything worth anything against each other or with organized navies trying to protect their cargoes. ... think Mad Max: Fury Road at sea.

Well, there's the good old Sid Meier's PIRATES! - you'll most likely need DosBOX to run it, if you can find a copy...
The remake is better IMO (though I do miss the sextant) and is available through steam:

As this is the General Gaming sub-forum there is a lot being discussed that is not from FDEV so I assume the thread has been moved.

There are a load of pirate-type games (just google it) but I don't play any of them so I can't recommend one.

There is a dearth of decent ship simulators (merchant shipping), the ones I have tried out are just dire.

There are two good actual sailing sims, I spend a bit of time in Sailaway II (great value) and am looking forward to it's updated version (III) coming out of beta. The other one I dabble in is eSail but that is not so much fun for me as it is not set in the real world.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWumNwtuDW0&t=3791s
I used to live not far from Lochboisdale in South Uist...the Minch is a bad stretch of water at any time of the year :)

No Pirates, but a really good merchant sea game is Sailwind.
I guess you could get a friend to throw cannonballs and grapeshot at you while playing it...

Top Bottom