Jurassic World Evolution 2: Prehistoric Marine Species Pack and Update 7 Out Now!

Sandbox Mode
  • Added "Intelligent" and "Fussy" traits into Sandbox Mode
    • Allowing "Intelligent" dinosaurs requires the Dinosaur Escapes setting to be "on"
    • "Fussy" dinosaurs is an additional setting as part of Dinosaur Comfort settings

There is another issue in Update 7 specifically I would like to bring to attention:

I am not sure anybody here notice in both the custom challenge mode and sandbox mode, the dog DNA to counter the fussy trait is not available to research. In sandbox setting of research turned off, the dog DNA is available to make the dinosaurs having the accommodating trait. Furthermore, data on dog DNA is missing in the in-game database.

20230814204549_1.jpg

20230814204557_1.jpg

20230814204612_1.jpg

20230814204623_1.jpg

20230814204628_1.jpg

Can this be also remedied in a small update?

Some good additions in the patch, but some things here still need addressing:

Creatures:
-Tylosaurus needs its rig/animations fixed (way too stiff still), and should be able to eat from the shark feeder. If the Dunk, etc can do it, why can't it also?
-New DLC creatures need their appeal/stats fixed. Right now they are a mess. Unfortunate that Archelon is also not able to be preyed upon by anything. Edit: I think the progression for appeal should be Shonisaurus (edit: highest), Dunkleosteus, Archelon, and Nothosaurus (edit: lowest).
-Tylosaurus and Mosasaurus not getting social animations. Why were they omitted?
-The issue with small scavengers panicking excessively with medium and large carnivores around, despite not hunting them. It would be good to have an additional option in sandbox to disable panicking.
-Was Sinosauropteryx stats fixed? Last I recall it could never successfully pack hunt goats or guests. Edit: Still does not appear to be fixed.
-Feathers on Therizinosaurus, if not others still need fixed.
-Edit: Dominion Allosaurus variant lacks skins and patterns like other variants.
-Edit: Creatures clipping through fences, and also getting stuck in place starving. Thanks to /u/AtomicWreck

QOL:
-Now that we have over 100 species in the game (with all DLC), we really need an upgrade for multiple expedition teams. This was in the first game but didn't carry over here.
-Binoculars upgrade for tours. This was in the first game (at least RTJP DLC), but was not carried over here either.
-Could tall paleoflora count for (some) forest coverage? Reducing the sauropod needs is a good start though, but this would be an improvement on enclosure design for all herbivores and even carnivores (outside of sandbox with comfort off).
-Edit: Better vehicle handling like in the first JWE. Thanks to /u/JWEScreenshots

Other:
-Amphitheater needs its name changed for other maps (and corresponding rock textures, and/or flora for the other biomes). As it stands now it currently feels unpolished compared to a lot of stuff in the past.
-We need a randomized dig sites option for both challenge and sandbox modes. It was in the first game. No idea why it is still omitted.

Features the game could benefit from:
-Coral and kelp brush for lagoons. Kelp in particular is shown in the intro video, but has always been absent in game which is such a tease. The decorations are nice but tedious to place large amounts of. A brush would be a quicker and more performance friendly way to fill them out faster. Could also work as the equivalent to forest coverage for land creatures, and even update needs for lagoon creatures to need certain amounts. Right now their needs are pretty barebones, compared with everything else. Just space and feeder (and rock platform for Archelon and Nothosaurus). Edit: Placeable kelp decorations would be good too.
-Pterosaurs need social animations next.
-Walking for pterosaurs or at least Quetzalcoatlus, has been requested quite a bit.
-Defensive animations for (large) sauropods. The largest land animals should be a major threat to any carnivore. This has also been requested quite a bit.
-Edit: Placable paleoflora decorations would be nice.
-Edit: Still need benches, trash cans, vending machines, etc as decorations that have models in the game already (JW Entrance, DFW hotels, etc). Every real life park has these but not ours? Even older park builder games had them (JPOG, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc).
-Edit: Some additional natural decorations would be nice. Things like nests, bones, logs, small waterfalls, rock perches (like the JWE RTJP aviary) for pterosaurs.
-Edit: Bridges for paths and tours.
-Edit: River and/or lagoon tour.
-Edit: Tapejara eats from fruit and nut.
-Edit: Scavengers eat from insect feeder in addition to meat feeder, and goats.
-Edit: More feeder variety (deer, cow, squid, ammonite, etc). Can be just aesthetic differences, but more options would be nice.
-Edit: JWE maps added back to JWE2.
-Edit: Smaller fence types for the smaller animals.
-Edit: Mixed biomes terrain textures and maybe brushes for PC and next gen.
-Edit: T. rex kingdom, raptor paddock, Indominus rex paddock. Thanks to /u/JWEScreenshots

Edit: Might add some other things as it comes to me.
Love all these things, all this stuff should most certainly be added, I would like to add an Aquatic Park, Jurassic World Amphitheatre, JPOG inspired Viewing Vents, Monorail Gates, More Dinosaur Skeletons, Holographic Projection decorations, Mosasaurus Feeding Show (Connected Viewing Galleries with Shark Feeder), a live Squalicorax shark feeder. Lagoon gates to connect to others is one idea that should definitely happen.

Last edited:
Love all these things, all this stuff should most certainly be added, I would like to add an Aquatic Park, Jurassic World Amphitheatre, JPOG inspired Viewing Vents, Monorail Gates, More Dinosaur Skeletons, Holographic Projection decorations, Mosasaurus Feeding Show (Connected Viewing Galleries with Shark Feeder), a live Squalicorax shark feeder.

@RedPandaReggie The Viewing Gallery in Jurassic World: Evolution 1 & 2 functions like the Viewing Vents in Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis.

@RedPandaReggie The Viewing Gallery in Jurassic World: Evolution 1 & 2 functions like the Viewing Vents in Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis.
Yeah, but in that sort of cage style, with just iron bars between you and the dinosaurs, would make for an interesting remote viewing gallery or just a regular viewing gallery, more for that make-shift sort of feel or underground operation look. The High Hide would also be an interesting remote viewing gallery, and a placeable overhead walkway.

Yeah, but in that sort of cage style, with just iron bars between you and the dinosaurs, would make for an interesting remote viewing gallery or just a regular viewing gallery, more for that make-shift sort of feel or underground operation look. The High Hide would also be an interesting remote viewing gallery, and a placeable overhead walkway.

@RedPandaReggie Looks does not matter, the function is important. Though it is a good thing that the Viewing Dome from Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis is being brought into Jurassic World: Evolution 2 so that guests can see land and marine species. However, the new lagoon viewing dome needs fixing in the short run.

I am not sure about the High Hide. In the original novel, the High Hide is used to observe dinosaurs safely. However, a pack of Velociraptor became aware and climbed their way up. It was the raptors that killed Eddie Carr originally before fighting over a safety cage that held Arby (a friend of Kelly Curtis).

in The Lost World: Jurassic Park Chaos Island, the High Hide used to protect the expedition members and research assistants (whom John Hammond deployed for support).

Reddit is full of images like that atm. So yes, that's a bug many people all over the place are having right now. Can't say for myself because I haven't played/loaded a park with those in it yet. Still kinda baffling that such a huge bug wasn't noticed before release tbh.
And the the rock platform has the same issue, not to forget that the dimorphodon’s tail is now broken it just hangs straight down all the time

There is another issue in Update 7 specifically I would like to bring to attention:

I am not sure anybody here notice in both the custom challenge mode and sandbox mode, the dog DNA to counter the fussy trait is not available to research. In sandbox setting of research turned off, the dog DNA is available to make the dinosaurs having the accommodating trait. Furthermore, data on dog DNA is missing in the in-game database.

View attachment 364364

View attachment 364365

View attachment 364366

View attachment 364367

View attachment 364368

Can this be also remedied in a small update?
And I hope they fix the dimorphodon’s broken tail it now just hangs 90 degrees down all the time

So, the Archelon likes small and medium-sized marine species, along with the Attenborosaurus and Elasmosaurus. Still, when I placed all three in the same lagoon together, the Archelon liked the former two but showed up as neutral for them.
View attachment 364012
View attachment 364011

View attachment 364010View attachment 364013View attachment 364014View attachment 364015
I think thats easy to answer. The Archelon has the Territory definiton "Archelon" and not "Marine (Medium)" or "Marine (Small)". As they have their own territory naming it's not recnognized by the others without adding it to the likes behaviour.

Thanks for your reports and feedback everyone - it's been shared with the team
Any update on the Therizinosaurus head feathers bug?

Also, any chance that they can take a look at these bugs that I reported earlier? They all seem about as simple and hopefully as easy to fix as the Therizinosaurus bug. I'd especially appreciate a look at least at the desert foliage brush bug. Having to manually place foliage that used to be part of the brush is annoying.

https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/58729.
https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/58730.
https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/58731.
https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/58904 .

Loving the new updates and marine pack. Great additions.

I don't know where best to post this because I don't frequently use the forum... I have a few inclusions I'd really like to see in the next update / DLC:

1: I use a lot of "concrete barrier" (decorations) and I'd like this to be included within the "fences" tab so rather than put down loads and loads of individual pieces I can just run a "low wall" around the edge of pathing. This would save such time and effort.

2: Steeper landscaping tools to create sheer drops and cliff faces (make edges a physical barrier that dinosaurs can not cross to prevent them falling off).

3: A waterfall decoration to use with said vertical drops. Possible to have the waterfall "snap to any height".

4: A larger, higher aviary that can have the regular sized ones "snap / connect" to it. (I'd like to create a more "bubbled" effect, with aviary domes").

5: Kelp brush with various heights.

6: Baby and adolescent Dinosaur skins in hatchery!!

I use Series X to play with no mods but I've watched a few videos on Youtube and some of the stuff modded games can do look brilliant. There must be a way for the developers to actually include such things.

If this is posted in the wrong place, please someone point me to where I can post it for Developer attention.

Thanks.

Loving the new updates and marine pack. Great additions.

I don't know where best to post this because I don't frequently use the forum... I have a few inclusions I'd really like to see in the next update / DLC:

1: I use a lot of "concrete barrier" (decorations) and I'd like this to be included within the "fences" tab so rather than put down loads and loads of individual pieces I can just run a "low wall" around the edge of pathing. This would save such time and effort.

2: Steeper landscaping tools to create sheer drops and cliff faces (make edges a physical barrier that dinosaurs can not cross to prevent them falling off).

3: A waterfall decoration to use with said vertical drops. Possible to have the waterfall "snap to any height".

4: A larger, higher aviary that can have the regular sized ones "snap / connect" to it. (I'd like to create a more "bubbled" effect, with aviary domes").

5: Kelp brush with various heights.

6: Baby and adolescent Dinosaur skins in hatchery!!

I use Series X to play with no mods but I've watched a few videos on Youtube and some of the stuff modded games can do look brilliant. There must be a way for the developers to actually include such things.

If this is posted in the wrong place, please someone point me to where I can post it for Developer attention.

Thanks.
They've already explicitly confirmed no baby dinos repeatedly.

They've already explicitly confirmed no baby dinos repeatedly.
Thanks. I'm not an internet person much so don't know everything there is to know. Shame though.

It is not just the dinosaur cohabitation element that needs attention and amendments.

I do have a question to run by almost everyone of you: are there any abnormalities about the new lagoon viewing dome?

When I was doing the Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom challenge mode in Jurassic difficulty (which is the "Return to Isla Nublar" challenge mode), the lagoon viewing dome is in the surface above water instead of underwater like the recent livestream demonstrated.

View attachment 364179

View attachment 364180

The unstable part is that sometimes the lagoon viewing dome is in surface above water and sometimes it is in underwater.

View attachment 364181

Has this been fixed yet? Because I'm currently building a park, which I don't want to ruin by placing lagoon domes that are broken. I'm not touching them in my game until it's sorted. I've had bugs like this break my games several times to be wary of such glitches, especially when I've put so many hours into a project.

Thanks. I'm not an internet person much so don't know everything there is to know. Shame though.

Has this been fixed yet? Because I'm currently building a park, which I don't want to ruin by placing lagoon domes that are broken. I'm not touching them in my game until it's sorted. I've had bugs like this break my games several times to be wary of such glitches, especially when I've put so many hours into a project.

Yesterday, a small update remedied the lagoon viewing dome bug. The other bugs that I brought up are fixed in that small update.

Top Bottom