PZ's Tree of Life

After a long wait, the PZ Tree of Life is finally updated! This time we (sloth) bear witness to The Great Ungulating with the addition of the Eurasia & Barnyard animal packs, as well as the collared peccary. Refer to the original post for the proper tree.

PZ%20Tree%20of%20Life%20-%20Eurasia%20%26%20Barnyard.png

Unfortunately I don't really have the time or motivation to go into my usual depth with analysing the new additions from a taxonomic perspective, but all but 5 of the 16 new additions are ungulates anyway, many in already well-represented groups, so it's not like there's a huge deal of interest to go into anyway. However, we did get an entirely new order of birds, the long awaited arrival of Anseriformes with the mute swan, as well as a new family of ungulates (Tayassuidae) in the form of the collared peccary. If the swan wasn't enough, the chicken coming in the Barnyard Animal Pack also means the number of fowl in the game has now tripled! Frontier, please keep the birds coming (and chill it with the ungulates a bit...).

Amazing work on this with the updates @Chuditch

Yeah, the game is even more ungulate heavy by far than a year ago. SMH. about 14 months ago we had 2 piggies, and now we're going to get our 6th in just a few days. That's a lot of pig in a little time. We will have half as many pigs/peccaries as we do birds in total.

I'd honestly love for the next pack or even two packs to include no ungulates. We've had them before. Australia, Oceania, Twilight...eta I forgot about Aquatic!..it can happen again. They just need a cool down period.

It basically really does just come down to primates and birds lol
So nothing has changed!
Or when we got a canines for like 4 packs in one year. In retrospect I think people wouldn't have been so mad had they shared more about their future plans.
If Frontier actually ran the pack ideas by the community things would be very different. I at least think for the better. Even I have a hard time justifying the insane amount of ungulates in one year. Definitely popular zoo animals, but let’s not act like other animal collections aren’t also part of the zoo experience.

Top Bottom