Theme Park Queues

This may already be in game but I would love to see more detail brought out in the theme park que's. Just the ability to fit more que, to make lines smaller or longer and to be able to see the people in the park sitting on the rails and walking under them and through the que's would be great! See the image below, I know its something we all deal with in the park but why not have it just like this in game?

empty-queue.jpg

+1

Indeed, in RCT3, people were forced to use "mods" to create realistic queues (that no one could borrow elsewhere, as it was only imported objects, or we had to outwit the game.)

But we should be able to choose the size of the queues.

Exactly, because not all que's are the same. We have large ones, small ones, and even sometimes vary narrow que's! It would make for some great things!

Definitely would like to see peeps getting impatient and frustrated (lots of texting/leaning on the railings) with long lines/queues and subsequently getting happier as they get closer to the entrance of the station.

I can just see it now, building the most epic coaster you have to date, and your que line fills up with excited people, once they get closer to the entrance of the ride they start to get exciting, hooting and hollering, making the people behind them more excited as well! Many it could have such a huge effect on the game!

I would like to see a variety of paths and queue lines in special. Let us be able to create those themed, going in and out, up and down queue lines.
Theming would affect the peep's happiness while waiting. There should be simple queue lines as well, which could change from wide curved paths to narrow zig-zag-lines.
An info board with waiting time at the start, shortcuts if the queue line isn't full and maybe an option to attach small kiosks.

I do love the idea of having a info board with wait times, and even tv's in the que's to keep them from getting bored while waiting.

Having the park gets getting more excited as they approach getting on the ride would really make the entire world seem a lot more alive. It's the little details like this that make it even more realistic and entertaining.

Having the park gets getting more excited as they approach getting on the ride would really make the entire world seem a lot more alive. It's the little details like this that make it even more realistic and entertaining.

Agreed for sure. It will be great to see something like this, and how they could implement something like it!

Exactly, because not all que's are the same. We have large ones, small ones, and even sometimes vary narrow que's! It would make for some great things!
without forgetting: sometimes outdoor, more often indoor, and sometimes ... with stairs. [up]

Great idea, I would love to see more realism being added to the queues!

An info board with waiting time at the start, shortcuts if the queue line isn't full and maybe an option to attach small kiosks.

I like these very much as well. May be even add things like:

- Option to have a single-rider's line? Or a fastpass line?
- Option to create a hold-up area in the queue in which the waiting guests are entertained by a pre-show that you can design (e.g. show a movie, or tell a story). Like in Disney's Tower of Terror, or the Aerosmith room in Disney's Rock 'n Rollercoaster.

I like these very much as well. May be even add things like:

- Option to have a single-rider's line? Or a fastpass line?
- Option to create a hold-up area in the queue in which the waiting guests are entertained by a pre-show that you can design (e.g. show a movie, or tell a story). Like in Disney's Tower of Terror, or the Aerosmith room in Disney's Rock 'n Rollercoaster.

Love the idea of a small show before entering a ride. Entertaining guests while they are waiting in line would be amazing so they won't get bored when there is a long line. I was very surprised I found this irl in Walibi Holland (Platform 13), the 45 min wait didn't seem so long when you where entertained by televisions, moving objects and scare effects. You can do something similar in Planet Coaster by placing animatronics next to the waiting line or make it a dark tunnel with spooky effects.

I think it makes sense to pay more attention in this area, since it's where guests spend most of their time. It could add well to the difficulty curve, since a small park doesn't need a solid queue management, whereas poorly managed queueing in a major park can just about ruin your day. If buildings can be set down and used as restaurants or gift shops, perhaps they could also be simply designated as queue areas for a lazy option, but it would also be great to be able to manually build small paths that snake around with features described above. I wonder how difficult it would be to click and drag over an area and have a snaking path worked out automatically?

Also, depending on the policy of a park, the entrance can have different requirements. A park needing payment/tokens for each ride needs an employee on every entrance, if not, a turnstile is sufficient so there are different costs too. In rct3, every ride needed one square for the entrance regardless of whether it was a slide or a roller coaster, it would be nice to scale from rides where you can essentially walk in off the path and queues from themselves if they need to, to essentially buildings with ride control, fasttrack, disabled entrances, bag check, entertainment. By directing resources and space to this stuff, you would get a better throughput, enhanced satisfaction, more money :)

I loved the mod in RCT3 that allowed us to take the pre-made queue lines away and mix up the design with other fences or customer scenery.. You could mix a chain link fence with a wooden fence and it fits the theme perfectly for example.. No coaster uses the same fence type the whole way along the queue... Take Saw at Thorpe Park.. That's a perfect example of what could be achieved with different fences... the high barbed wire, lower wooden and the metal gratings..

Also, I'd love to see the types of queue lengths that we would recognise in the real world as being 1, 2 or 3 hour plus... you know, the massive queues that we just didn't see in RCT3 as they were never really longer than 1 train.. (unless you fudged the game). Opens up the world for Fast Track sales and single rider queues then.

I'd also love to see fluctuating queue lengths too... so new or classic rides get massive queues due to popularity, water rides increase and decrease with weather and dark rides / indoors have longer queues when it rains or the season matches the theme (I'm thinking of halloween rides like Hex or Duel at Alton Towers that might be quiet during the summer but epic busy at halloween because their theme matches the month)

I loved the mod in RCT3 that allowed us to take the pre-made queue lines away and mix up the design with other fences or customer scenery.. You could mix a chain link fence with a wooden fence and it fits the theme perfectly for example.. No coaster uses the same fence type the whole way along the queue... Take Saw at Thorpe Park.. That's a perfect example of what could be achieved with different fences... the high barbed wire, lower wooden and the metal gratings..

Also, I'd love to see the types of queue lengths that we would recognise in the real world as being 1, 2 or 3 hour plus... you know, the massive queues that we just didn't see in RCT3 as they were never really longer than 1 train.. (unless you fudged the game). Opens up the world for Fast Track sales and single rider queues then.

I'd also love to see fluctuating queue lengths too... so new or classic rides get massive queues due to popularity, water rides increase and decrease with weather and dark rides / indoors have longer queues when it rains or the season matches the theme (I'm thinking of halloween rides like Hex or Duel at Alton Towers that might be quiet during the summer but epic busy at halloween because their theme matches the month)

Great ideas! Really hoping that queues are completely fixed in this game, because they weren't very useful in RCT3 honestly. The lines were always so short.

Yes please to all of this! Especially realistic queue lengths. I remember in the earlier games the queues would be packed which is expected in real life. I would like to see that come back in this game. New attractions get a longer length immediately since people are usually curious and excited to experience new attractions. After a few days based on how the rides stats are you will either see lines get longer, stay at the same length, or get shorter.

Just remember that when it comes to queuing, us Brits are absolutely world class!

I get REALLY annoyed when people don't queue properly and have had stand up rows with people in shops when they cut in - I HATE IT and anyone who queue jumps will hear the mighty roar of the T-Rex. - proper brit when it comes to queuing

Top Bottom