Ride breakdowns and peeps in queue

I always found it frustrating watching a ride break down and the peeps immediately exit the queue. From my experience in parks, unless the breakdown was major, most would stay in line and wait it out. Sometimes the operator would come on and give a window of time too.

I think it would be more realistic if peeps remained in line after a break down (unless it was a major one) and if it takes too long for it to get fixed, peeps slowly start to exit the line.

I always found it frustrating watching a ride break down and the peeps immediately exit the queue. From my experience in parks, unless the breakdown was major, most would stay in line and wait it out. Sometimes the operator would come on and give a window of time too.

I think it would be more realistic if peeps remained in line after a break down (unless it was a major one) and if it takes too long for it to get fixed, peeps slowly start to exit the line.
I think it is a great idea! I hate the look on people's faces. I once waited an hour for Big thunder Mountain and than the ride broke down. [sulk]

If it's a major one you can hear someone through the speakers "This attraction is currently closed" so the people will leave the queue.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
+ 2,73 [up]

Great idea! Guests kept waiting in the queue in RCT 1 and 2. It would be weird if all of the guests waiting in the queue would have to leave if the ride breaks down. Imagine if it breaks down 2 times in a short period of time, guests would get into the queue for nothing.

Like PSPfready said, if the breakdown is a big one, the ride can use speakers to announce that the breakdown will take more time, and the guests can leave the queue then, or maybe deside for their own if they want to wait for the ride to be fixed.

I agree. Perhaps some guests leave the line - and some dont. Building on that - it would be interesting to see groups who join the ride together split up - perhaps they wanted to get to another ride more or perhaps they're having second thoughts on this ride. Or they really need to use a bathroom. Guests in line isn't a do or die type of thing and each should be reaffirming their position on the ride based on their needs and desires each time the line moves.

Top Bottom