Interior Design Teaser

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
New gameplay! Looks very cool. Only thing is I wish the accents weren't American and that the peeps actually made sense instead of having a sim city style way of talking. This confirms that we can play music, through speakers or loudspeakers, and that we can design dark rides and indoor rides.

[video=youtube;Pm69f5Gw9gg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm69f5Gw9gg[/video]

Last edited:
I heard no American accents in this video. I like the "Simlish" language thing. ^-^ So much more natural sounding than the crowd murmurs in RCT3.

The Only thing I don't like is how the paths looks by the walls. They don't connect and between the paths and the walls you can see grass. I don't like the grass inside.

The Only thing I don't like is how the paths looks by the walls. They don't connect and between the paths and the walls you can see grass. I don't like the grass inside.

I suppose it could be something that could be worked on, remember it is still in development and there is a long way to go before final release. Just trust Frontier to get it right, they are doing a great job so far with this game. [up]

Last edited:
I suppose it could be something that could be worked on, remember it is still in development and there is a long way to go before final release. Just trust Frontier to get it right, they are doing a great job so far with this game. [up]
I know but I say it so Frontier knows. [squeeeeee]

That chief beef sign looks really out of place... other than that, they did a fine job. I'm especially glad that they got rid of themed stalls and used actual buildings instead.

I guess they're one step closer to restaurants. Other than that I love it.

It also looks like they've been working on the guests, they're getting more diverse, I can't wait till this game comes out.

Last edited:
Yes. And this is why we need an "Area" tool for the path (to make plaza and floor.) and not only a "Path/Road" tool. [yesnod]

New gameplay! Looks very cool. Only thing is I wish the accents weren't American and that the peeps actually made sense instead of having a sim city style way of talking. This confirms that we can play music, through speakers or loudspeakers, and that we can design dark rides and indoor rides.
WoW !!!

I had not even thought of that ... [weird]
What's wrong with me.

Indeed, this shows that music can be played in a speaker, and ... according to the camera position. This is great !

Last edited:
To be really honest, I'm not very impressed with that video. It just doesn't feel like an interior at all.
Just like it often was in RCT3, it looks like an area with walls and roofs all around, but not an actual building interior. But the paths are for the exterior, same for the grass or terrain coencoensmeets pointed out...

And the pee-... guests are still walking way too close to each other, haha.

On a positive note, the lightning looks fabulous, even thought I fear this was shot during nighttime (see on the left at 0:25). If we can have such a render during daytime, this would be heaven!

It seems very promising... There's still a lot of improvements to make (the way the peeps walk, the signs placement, etc.), but they have time.

Every time they come out with new videos or screenshots, it makes me wonder we're already able to play it [squeeeeee]

To be really honest, I'm not very impressed with that video. It just doesn't feel like an interior at all.
Just like it often was in RCT3, it looks like an area with walls and roofs all around, but not an actual building interior. But the paths are for the exterior, same for the grass or terrain coencoensmeets pointed out...

And the pee-... guests are still walking way too close to each other, haha.

On a positive note, the lightning looks fabulous, even thought I fear this was shot during nighttime (see on the left at 0:25). If we can have such a render during daytime, this would be heaven!
I agree that the video itself is not impressive at all (It's not real "Interior design", but like I said from the begining "simulated one", and to be honest, I do not think it was planned, unlike the stall artworks, just my opinion. cf. votes in the CHC), but looking more closely, it's a very interesting video, because this gives full details, which are :

- very interesting/cool (how the music is broadcast, the voice of the guests, the flying ring that confirm we have many freedom with the placement, the light)
- promising for the rest of the development (the movements of the groups of guests has been improved, although there is still work)
- allows us to ask questions about certain things (the 3D sign of the stand generated or not ? the modification of text on the pirate sign ? the sort of "menu holder" custom or not ?)
- give confirmations (we definitively need an "area/floor" tool, because the "curved path/road" tool is great but not suitable for all situations. But this is something we have said many times here)

They had not thought the interior would be such a priority for the players, particularly with the real expectation of the players about restaurants or darkrides for exemple (and they admitted themselves in an old Q&A they were not interested in the "indoor part"), but know, they know it's important, so I think they are trying to adapt to the expectations which is really cool.

I really love the efforts they are actually doing.
(Even if they do this discreetly, trying not to be seen [rolleyes])

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm69f5Gw9gg

No, that clip does not confirm that you can play music through speakers or loudspeakers any more than the image of the speakers on the transport train confirm that you can record a message and play it over the speakers when the train departs the station.
It makes speculation possible- but no, it does not confirm it.
Nothing is confirmed until they explicitly say so as the game is still in development and likely to change.

After watching the video several times there was something that kind of bugged me and it is the fact they are giving too much importance to the logo of the shop rather than the interior design and I kind of thought if this could be a hint from Frontier saying, we heard you and you will be able to import your own logo as well. I may be wrong but that is impression I got after watching this video.

The video is beautiful. It's not about interior design though.... is it?

How was the building built? How were the elements placed? What does it look like when i play the game and create... interior design? I cannot tell if that's an in-game video. I didn't learn how i'll be doing interior design.

It's beautiful though, and i'm glad we've seen it.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom