Link multiple parks?

I'd love to be able to link multiple parks with a monorail system or a boat - similar to how Disney World has it and share guests across each park. I'm not sure how it would affect gameplay. A couple of thoughts:

1. if one park is not doing well in terms of maintenance, perhaps the ratings of all the parks goes down a little bit - but most guests gravitate to certain parks?
2. Guests can buy package tickets for multiple linked parks or a single park

Neat Idea never would of thought of this, it would also be cool to see how the peeps/people are coming into the park, are they just generated do they come in via cars? I think it would be amazing to see them come in via vehicles and how excited they can be via buses or cars. Very cool though to link the parks too, love the idea!

Love this idea, something completely different from what we have seen in previous games. It would certainly be a nice addition.

@KnoxVegas - I wasn't even thinking of having multiple parks running at the same time visually - I figured that might be too intensive for systems to handle?

But come to think of it, imagine if there was a zoom option going from one park to the next, that would be quite cool, I'm not sure how the teams would be able to handle that based on their design specs.

In another thread about having a planet i mentioned having one planet and have all your parks on that planet. Then you link the parks with monorails and buses. You can also have hotels and resorts on the planet.

In another thread about having a planet i mentioned having one planet and have all your parks on that planet. Then you link the parks with monorails and buses. You can also have hotels and resorts on the planet.
I like the idea of "linked parks" (I really like it, because this would allow us to make parks like Disney with several parks, village, hotels, it's just amazing, and the dream of many players)

BUT, the way you say it mean "loading time" between park(s) and resorts areas ? Right ? If yes, it's a little bit sad.

For me, your "planet" idea is better to load a "new game" for (somehow : a "fun" way to replace the "mission selection screen", with a 3D globe)

I like the idea of "linked parks" (I really like it, because this would allow us to make parks like Disney with several parks, village, hotels, it's just amazing, and the dream of many players)

BUT, the way you say it mean "loading time" between park(s) and resorts areas ? Right ? If yes, it's a little bit sad.

For me, your "planet" idea is better to load a "new game" for (somehow : a "fun" way to replace the "mission selection screen", with a 3D globe)

I was thinking of a globe like Cities XXL set up in a way Simcity does regions. So you have one big planet with all your parks and resorts connectied with different forms of transportation. If you were playing in one park and wanted to switch to a different park or hotel you would load up the park or resort.

I know I keep coming back to Cities: Skylines as an example of ideas I've had, but it's a great source of brilliant game mechanics for building and area management. Anyway, idea, for resorts and/or complexes with multiple parks, what if the land we built on worked in the same was as in Cities: Skylines. You buy new areas of land, as big as your starting map, and it counts as a different part of your park complex. If hotels were included in the game, you would have to buy land adjacent to your theme park to build hotels and decorate the surrounding area. That land you bought would then be designated as the Hotel Area of your complex (with the option for the player to put in a custom name for that bit of land). Guests know that there are only hotels there, so they won't be wandering around it in the middle of the day thinking "I can't find any rides!". When you get enough money, you buy another bit of land and build a nighttime area, incorporating the ideas we discussed about day and night. So when you close your park, the guests know that they can either stay in a hotel or venture into your "park village" (for want of a better name), with shops, restaurants and live shows. Another bit of land, you can build another theme park and because of the land purchasing system, the guests know that it's a separate park to your first one and are willing to pay again to go in.

I know I keep coming back to Cities: Skylines as an example of ideas I've had, but it's a great source of brilliant game mechanics for building and area management. Anyway, idea, for resorts and/or complexes with multiple parks, what if the land we built on worked in the same was as in Cities: Skylines. You buy new areas of land, as big as your starting map, and it counts as a different part of your park complex. If hotels were included in the game, you would have to buy land adjacent to your theme park to build hotels and decorate the surrounding area. That land you bought would then be designated as the Hotel Area of your complex (with the option for the player to put in a custom name for that bit of land). Guests know that there are only hotels there, so they won't be wandering around it in the middle of the day thinking "I can't find any rides!". When you get enough money, you buy another bit of land and build a nighttime area, incorporating the ideas we discussed about day and night. So when you close your park, the guests know that they can either stay in a hotel or venture into your "park village" (for want of a better name), with shops, restaurants and live shows. Another bit of land, you can build another theme park and because of the land purchasing system, the guests know that it's a separate park to your first one and are willing to pay again to go in.

[up][yesnod][up] You should start with a map just like Cities Skylines with just one highway ending and be able to build your own roads and parking lots and custom build the fence and entrance to the park.

[up][yesnod][up] You should start with a map just like Cities Skylines with just one highway ending and be able to build your own roads and parking lots and custom build the fence and entrance to the park.

If the road building is basic, just a way to link to the outside world, then yeah, that'd be cool. Also, having buy up new land to put in more parking spaces would be a realistic thing.

With everything you said, If it's on just one big map with no loading time and If i can make my own "free bus shuttle" or "monorail" track and stations between everything ? Well, I need to say : BEST GAME EVER !!!!!!!!

With everything you said, If it's on just one big map with no loading time and If i can make my own "free bus shuttle" or "monorail" track and stations between everything ? Well, I need to say : BEST GAME EVER !!!!!!!!

Yep, no loading times, transport rides would be a must for getting to and from different areas of your complex. This is the next step in theme park sims as far as I'm concerned.

I like this idea, you could do like universal orlando and have 2 parks right next to each other then have hotels around them if you wanted.

Yeah ! And if they make a "Soaked-like" or a "Wild-like" expension (like RCT3), then you can have 3 differents parks "type", and not everything in the same. [up]

I like this idea, you could do like universal orlando and have 2 parks right next to each other then have hotels around them if you wanted.

Exactly, and it wouldn't just be like building a bunch of stuff on one bit of land and fencing everything off to separate it. By buying land and designating it to whatever you build there (a second park, a hotel complex, a food/drink/nightlife village, etc), it means it will be more than cosmetic and it will be all about maximizing your income and guest rate. So, a hotel will bring in more long term guests, a nightlife village will give them a place to spend money after the park closes and more parks means having to put in more hotels, car parks and transport systems. Similar to how we expand cities to build income in Cities: Skylines.

Yeah ! And if they make a "Soaked-like" or a "Wild-like" expension (like RCT3), then you can have 3 differents parks "type", and not everything in the same.
up.gif

That would be awesome. So not having to stick a water park into the middle of a theme park, having a dedicated park for water slides and pools, that would be amazing.

Last edited:
What i'm thinking is one big planet with a bunch of regions on it. Inside of of the expandable regions is 5-6 plots of land all connected by a highway and monorail or other transportation. Inside one of the plots that you load individually is just a connection to the highway or other transportation. You can than build your own roads and parking lots and your own park entrance and fence around the park. You can place pre-build hotels of all different price ranges and themes. You can micromanage the hotels be setting the price of the rooms and number of staff as well of other options. You can make one big park or as many parks as you can fit on the plot of land. Most plots would be one park and the region would be equivalent to Disney World.

If the road building is basic, just a way to link to the outside world, then yeah, that'd be cool. Also, having buy up new land to put in more parking spaces would be a realistic thing.
But then the parents can't get frustrated with which lane to get in, and swear to turn the car around if the kids say one more word. LOL!

Yep, no loading times, transport rides would be a must for getting to and from different areas of your complex. This is the next step in theme park sims as far as I'm concerned.

Agreed. I just hope the developers are thinking the same thing too haha.

I like the idea of having a few dedicated parks which are connected to each other. Would definitely be next level in theme park building!

Top Bottom