Early Bird Client update plans

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Ok, so now I have cleaned up the drool from watching this morning's stream - oh damn I have a headache thinking about it, I would pose the following questions in relation to the planned operation of the Early Bird client:

1. Noting that obviously things will be added/amended/deleted/reworked etc at a frenetic pace, is there a dedicated maintenance plan in place for the Early Bird client updates? For example, will you be updating every Tuesday, or it will it be ad-hoc or something else?

2. Obviously it may not be possible all the time (due to significant code implementation/amendment) but if the client is going to be updated in any regularity (see point 1) will our parks created be able to be saved and re-used, or will we need to start afresh after each update?

3. Can you give us a rough approximation of what size the Early Bird release client will be?

4. Will there be a grace period (for those with either a not so big internet acct download allowance, or slower internet speed) to allow for a pre-load of the Early Bird client?

Finally - brilliant work with the stream this morning... soo looking forward to this game!

Ok, so now I have cleaned up the drool from watching this morning's stream - oh damn I have a headache thinking about it, I would pose the following questions in relation to the planned operation of the Early Bird client:

1. Noting that obviously things will be added/amended/deleted/reworked etc at a frenetic pace, is there a dedicated maintenance plan in place for the Early Bird client updates? For example, will you be updating every Tuesday, or it will it be ad-hoc or something else?

2. Obviously it may not be possible all the time (due to significant code implementation/amendment) but if the client is going to be updated in any regularity (see point 1) will our parks created be able to be saved and re-used, or will we need to start afresh after each update?

3. Can you give us a rough approximation of what size the Early Bird release client will be?

4. Will there be a grace period (for those with either a not so big internet acct download allowance, or slower internet speed) to allow for a pre-load of the Early Bird client?

Finally - brilliant work with the stream this morning... soo looking forward to this game!

i'd also be interested to know this... and also... when earlybird is going to be available..?

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I'll wait and see how the Planet Coaster game client, updates and size will unfold. I have enough free space on my SSD.

I would like to know though if our saved games will be usable after new updates. I think they will (like Parkitect), but I'll wait for an official answer to that question.

i'd imagine they would schedule it in a similar way to Elite. maybe weekly.

I think the base game is pretty complete except "polish" and a few ride additions etc etc. i'm hoping this means saves will be transferable between builds....

Wouldn't commit to a road map. I prefer weekly updates but I want a clean and good update instead of a breaking bug updates. Atleast if they given 2 days announcing time I would be happy! So for me just update when you guys (PC) think they are ready to get launched and tested!

Along with or aside to any fixed schedule, I guess I am after some idea of what they plan to do in relation to updating the client.

The regular weekly/fortnightly/monthly could be ok, but I would think it will most likely be an update when we have enough changes/something particular to implement and test.

In any case just some idea of what they plan to do would be nice ..

They need time to make a good build + fix bugs + add new features, so I think we will get a new build every +/- 4-5 weeks. I think weekly updates are impossible.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom