Multiplayer support

Hallo everyone!

As a huge fan of themeparks and everythings that belongs to that, I am looking forward for Planet Coaster!
In Planet Coaster I would like to see a bit of MP, not that mutch. The MP:
-You could visit/view steam-friends parks (or if the game is not going to be on steam, just a friend system on this site) and nothing more. Just visit and view the park, so you could show all your friends your park!

I hope you guys like this idea, and let me now if you want something different!

Regards,
Sem

I would love to visit the park, of friends (or the best players), with the visitor view (first view camera, with ZQSD/WASD) to linger, to see all the details, to test the different rides.

I could spend hours in parks (the more elaborate), created on RCT3, if this feature was available. So in Planet Coaster ? I could stay there all my life !!! [big grin]

this is my first post here so hi every body ;)

for me the coaster game of my dreams has always beeen a game i could play together with my friends.

a co op modus would be sooo fantastic

To be honest, I am not a fan of co-op park building. Lessons learned with SimCity. I don't want to have to connect to a server, or have a player ruin a park I was really proud of etc... The only way multiplayer would/could work is if you took over a management role in their park. Like a "crew system" or were able to operate their rides somehow as an "employee". But overall I am not a fan at all of my simulation/building games being multiplayer.

What's about a multiplayer where you choose if 2, 3 or 4 players. And then player 1 starts doing something like building a path. Then the game locks the game and then player 2 builds something. The game locks again and then player 3 builds rollercoaster.

Of course there are rules how much path, how much buildings you can build. These rules must be set carefully.

This is what I thought. Maybe it's a bit difficult to handle.

Other mode where 2 players set before starting a game the rules. For example. Player 1 builds pathes , environment and stalls. The other player builds rollercoaster and so on.

This all should be live, like a live stream but without delay. I would love speaking to the other player while building at the same time your parts

Last edited:
I would go further in the development of my idea above.

I think the "Create a park with other players" function is a risky bet. Personally, I'm not even sure to want this when I think about it (even if the idea is VERY tempting, and that this would make me feel like in Minecraft or something, it stay dangerous)

About the "Competition between players" function, I dont think this mix with this type of game. I think it would be a disaster.

I think that the only multiplayer side of the game need to be "sharing options" (like share custom scenary, coasters stations, restaurants, shops, entrances, rides, coasters, etc...), and a mode to contemplate the other players' parks to avoid having to exchange backup files outside of the game (In the main menu of the game, having a list of all the parks built on the planet, with the possibility to visit this park at the first person view, to leave a note, comments, sort by popularity, date of creations, name of creator)

In conclusion : a "solo game" with "sharing options", and not a "multiplayer mode".

How I imagine the thing : When you install the game, the game asks "How much disk space you want to allocate to Sharing Options," and when you want to visit a park, the game will "pre-load" the backup file of the park (with all the custom content if the creator use some), and after the loading screen, you will be able to visit (as a guest, with the first person camera) in case, of course, if the player checked the "I want to share my parc with the world" (or "only for my friends" or "I do not want to share my park" if he want it private). At any moment he can leave a comment (public) or a private message (private), add note (X stars), and return to his game.

Just an idea.

I'd only every play this game if it had multiplayer support - It's why I was excited about "the other game". I just think that it needs to be done smart, SimCity wasn't that bad actually for multiplayer (shame everything else was) - I think friend zoning (no pun) is key to this working, obviously this can't work on any other mode, except sandbox.

I spend a lot of time with the people in my gaming community, we get on extremely well, we cant to play stuff like this together. It's nice to be able to sit on VoIP discussing what you're doing, giving advice to others and co-operate to making a great park. Multiplayer will be my requirement to buy it.

I'd only every play this game if it had multiplayer support - It's why I was excited about "the other game". I just think that it needs to be done smart, SimCity wasn't that bad actually for multiplayer (shame everything else was) - I think friend zoning (no pun) is key to this working, obviously this can't work on any other mode, except sandbox.

I spend a lot of time with the people in my gaming community, we get on extremely well, we cant to play stuff like this together. It's nice to be able to sit on VoIP discussing what you're doing, giving advice to others and co-operate to making a great park. Multiplayer will be my requirement to buy it.

I would just concentrate to other things like UGC, and get more flatrides and stuff. At least I would implement multiplayer.

But to be the multiplayer as good as possible, they should prepare the game under the hood for integrating multiplayer later. If they recode things after release it makes everything buggy.

I would just concentrate to other things like UGC, and get more flatrides and stuff. At least I would implement multiplayer.

But to be the multiplayer as good as possible, they should prepare the game under the hood for integrating multiplayer later. If they recode things after release it makes everything buggy.
The game comes in one year (so they have time to implement MANY things), and they are at least 240 people in the company.

When you can have it right from the game's launch, why would you ask to have things later ? (especially on large and significant functionality as multiplayer)

Sorry, but each time i read this : "concentrate to other things like [....]" (or sentences like "I would see instead in a DLC"), I feel that I read this: "I like the idea, but I would have this functionality later and with an additional charge please. I like to wait and pay." [big grin] lol

I don't know if I would like the coop park stuff, I'm more of a fan of building a park then sharing it via a system to share it on. I am always worried it will turn out like Sim City where people will get into your park and start to destroy all your hard work by finding some way to get around not being able to build and all that.

Now I'm not sure what the best way of going about this would be but if MP is done right then it could be a blast for sure. "If its done right".

I don't know if I would like the coop park stuff, I'm more of a fan of building a park then sharing it via a system to share it on. I am always worried it will turn out like Sim City where people will get into your park and start to destroy all your hard work by finding some way to get around not being able to build and all that.

Now I'm not sure what the best way of going about this would be but if MP is done right then it could be a blast for sure. "If its done right".

I'd only ever play multiplayer with someone who wants to play it properly, Its why I have my community, no rage, trolling etc. - It should be done right, by only allowing people you trust to play, rather than let randoms.

My thoughts:
- You could share the park, and then people can go into a first-person view and walk around your park and get on rides
- This could be turned into an MMO, you could see other people walking around the park as well.

My thoughts:
- You could share the park, and then people can go into a first-person view and walk around your park and get on rides
- This could be turned into an MMO, you could see other people walking around the park as well.

I would love for that to happen. [yesnod]

Last edited:
What are some problems with co-op. If you wanted to prevent "griefing" what you could do is split the starting cash between players and or only let them edit coasters/paths/rides/stalls they have created,. They receive money from only the stuff they have built, I think its a good incentive to encourage good play. It might be somewhat competitive if your that type of person, but they will be competing together to create the best park because they only can progress if they do well too. Greifing is the worst case scenario, most people would probably play with people they know.

If you only allow playes to edit the stuff they personally have built I think this would work. Griefing is mostly people removing stuff they didn't build, this will solve that problem. They could still grief by adding crap into you sections, but this would also be bad for them as they are wasting their money, if a player goes bankrupt they can't build anymore and the other player has to bail them out by sending them money. I think that is a win win for everyone

Last edited:
yeah i dont know why some people are against a co op modus either. we are not talking about a sim city co op modus which was prettty much useless , we are talking about a modus where just 2 people will build one park together ( share the same area with full control for both players ).

me for example spend so much time playing rct 3 together with my best friend. we were building the park coasters and scenery all together and it was awesome. but we had to share one mouse of course. now years later we dont have the time to spend thousands of hours at each others houses and a well done co op modus would be the perfect solution for us.

i can understand that single player modus comes first but i hope the devs dont overloook this or maybe implement this later.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
yeah i dont know why some people are against a co op modus either. we are not talking about a sim city co op modus which was prettty much useless , we are talking about a modus where just 2 people will build one park together ( share the same area with full control for both players ).

me for example spend so much time playing rct 3 together with my best friend. we were building the park coasters and scenery all together and it was awesome. but we had to share one mouse of course. now years later we dont have the time to spend thousands of hours at each others houses and a well done co op modus would be the perfect solution for us.

i can understand that single player modus comes first but i hope the devs dont overloook this or maybe implement this later.

Hi coasterhype. The way you describe the multiplayer / co op-modus sounds interesting. Especially the reason why you want it; to play with a good friend. It would be great if we could build a park with 2 people / managers. That way, you might also be able to build a larger park, and it would be easier to manage it, because you would have twice the time for it.

Of course the single player modus comes first, but indeed, if playing with a friend would be possible, I would certainly like to play co op as well (just with friends, as a random person you don't know might cause problems as described by others on this forum). It would be like 2 persons own 1 park, like 2 persons that are both owner of a company. This would also mean that you have to be online together, and that the park can be saved (online or local at both players computers), and that you can only resume / load the park if you are both online and both load the park at the same time. Unless 1 of you gives the other player permission to continue on its own while the other is unable to play for some time.

I like this co op concept. It would require time to design it technically so that it works well in the game, but it could work if that is done well [yesnod]

Also, I saw that you recently joined the Planet Coaster forum. Welcome, we are happy you have joined us for the ride! [big grin]

I like the idea of Dying Light. You're playing the singleplayer and if you want it you can invite a friend to help you with building your park. It's an option and you ONLY can play with your Steam friends (or an option to add friends on another platform).

I like the idea of a competition mode because it motivates you to keep upgrading your park and make it better. I think the match ups should change every week or so and you would be paired up with parks around the same level as you are. This is just a thought. I know a lot of people are against multiplayer in Planet coaster. Maybe there could just be a leader board that shows all players parks in career mode so you could match your parks up against others.

Last edited:
Maybe like collaborations parks: parks you could build with someone, in real time and separately. That'd pretty cool. Though, with that, things could take a turn for the worst at any moment, but hopefully both player would be serious about it. [big grin]

Top Bottom