Multiplayer Park Building

Planet Coaster Multiplayer Park Building?!

Hi there!

In the Planet Coaster Dutch discussion we have talked together and have come to a really nice idea, the idea is multiplayer park building. In a way you can make with another player or players a wonderfull park. This can improve the community, instead of only copying the map and playing it your own. I hope you all like it, some other things that we have thought about is here beneath.

Some rules or thougts about how to use this properly.

1. Maximum of 4 people at one park.
2. List of changes that have been made, of the other people.
3. Options to public, private or friends only
4. One admin (the host) that can remove someone of the park.
5. Interface of people

Some problems or complains that we have discovered if this going to be a thing.

1. Planet Coaster servers, or self hosting the game.
2. Public servers, or option to private, friends only.
3. Working at the same object
4. Maximum amount of people?
5. Every player thats building in that park needs to download the UGC if using? (Compatibility)
6. Connection delay?

If you get any additional problems, complains, or ideas. Post it please, it would be very helpfull.

Greetz. GreatBravus

Last edited:
+1

This is also a hot topic on Planet Coaster Club (Dutch Planet Coaster fan website)! For something like this you need a friend system. I think the best option is the Steam friend list. Someone is hosting a park (like OpenRCT2) and you can invite people from your Steam friend list if your game is friends only. I hope there will be no delay. As players you need to have 1 amount of cash (you need to use it together) OR like €10.000 each person.

+1

This is also a hot topic on Planet Coaster Club (Dutch Planet Coaster fan website)! For something like this you need a friend system. I think the best option is the Steam friend list. Someone is hosting a park (like OpenRCT2) and you can invite people from your Steam friend list if your game is friends only. I hope there will be no delay. As players you need to have 1 amount of cash (you need to use it together) OR like €10.000 each person.

I think its better if its one amount of cash, so you don't have trouble or complains about it.

Yes, that's better but I said it because of OpenRCT2 (player 1 has €13.224, player 2 €523.249 etc). The idea of one amount of cash is better.

+1 I think this would be a sweat idea :D However I'd like to go head to head with other people. You could have a centralised pool of guests that travel along a road and up to 4 parks connected to the road. Depending on your parks rating and appeal, guests chose which park to visit. The more guest the better :)

+1

I've always wanted a game where I can build with my friends. I always wanted to play city skylines with my friends and building at the same time.
I've seen lots of mods but they are all glitchy.

Playing openRCT2 days over days with a friend at the moment. Multiplayer is just awesome!
One big problem: Synchronizing thousands of peeps..

Last edited:
Also a ton of fun is visiting a park with your friends in first person mode. My son and I had a blast checking out a theme park in the game Roblox and riding all the rides. There could even be mini-games. Like, go into off-limits areas and see if the security guards catch you, or take a "selfie" on as many rides as possible, etc.

Also a ton of fun is visiting a park with your friends in first person mode. My son and I had a blast checking out a theme park in the game Roblox and riding all the rides. There could even be mini-games. Like, go into off-limits areas and see if the security guards catch you, or take a "selfie" on as many rides as possible, etc.
yup. but i'll need fastpass queues, stuffed if i'm waiting 10 minutes to get on a ride.

Playing openRCT2 days over days with a friend at the moment. Multiplayer is just awesome!
One big problem: Synchronizing thousands of peeps..

Yeah, if they do that its needs some improvements for sure.. I think also synchronizing is the biggest problem of it..

Yes need that! I love make a park with a friends.... need option to make park coperative and toó need option to visita other parks.

It's an interesting Concept, but I would prefer a more Single Player based, with some Multiplayer sprinks ontop (Unlike Maxis's Sim City 5 with it's All Multiplayer concept, without Single Player sprinkles.

Top Bottom