Custom Buildings

Even if it's piece by piece like in RCT3 or layered with click and drag walls like in The Sims, custom buildings are a huge park of playing a theme park simulator for me. It adds a personal touch to each park. It gives players the chance to be creative with scenery, instead of just plopping down a few trees and statues.

I would love to see this building system of The Sims 4, as you said:

[video=youtube;9KSFkcKBBMo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KSFkcKBBMo[/video]

Last edited:
[up] +1 (billion)

The Sims4 building tool would be just perfect in Planet Coaster !!!

1:20 in the video : I already imagine myself doing this (with mirrors) in my "Haunted House Darkride"

[up] +1 (billion)

The Sims4 building tool would be just perfect in Planet Coaster !!!

1:20 in the video : I already imagine myself doing this (with mirrors) in my "Haunted House Darkride"
Yeah, true!

Hopefully that Frontier, soon, show us the system for build the things. [heart]

Last edited:
Yeah, true!

Hopefully that Frontier, soon, show us the system for build the things. [heart]
It's just my opinion but, in the "Dev Diary - Part 1" we saw the crowd management/AI, so, the remaining important points are :

1) The Rides and the Coasters tool (Flatrides exemple ? Darkrides tool ?)
2) The Terrain Editing tool (Size of the map ? Water ? Waterfall ? Season ? Day/Night cycle ?)
3) The Buildings tool (Indoor and Outdoor ? with no Height/Floors limit ?)
4) The Management part (All the Businessmen/Tycoon stuff)
5) The Scenario/Campaign/Story thing. (Game modes ? Sandbox ? Scenario Editor ?)

(not necessarily in that order, but it should look like this, I mean, for me, i dont know how Frontier see the thing.)

I think a Sims 4 style building system would work best, as it presents a number of opportunities. It would be entirely optional, obviously, but imagine being able to build a restaurant or something and save it as a custom design to use again later. Placing tables and stuff would be no different to placing benches and lamps on paths. Floors specifically designed for indoor buildings, placing a kitchen unit with a front facing counter where people can order their food, maybe putting up a screen and some seats to make a rudimentary cinema area (that last one is a bit out there, but last time I was at Disneyland Paris, I took a break by sitting in an area usually reserved for stage shows, and they were screening old mickey mouse cartoons. It struck me as a great idea as a break for guests).

This is all hypothetical and I'm sure if it were implemented, Frontier would do a much better job of planning it out than I can, but it's something I've always loved the idea of in RCT and now that PC is a new take on theme park simulation, there's a possibility that this could become a "thing".

Last edited:
I think a Sims 4 style building system would work best, as it presents a number of opportunities. It would be entirely optional, obviously, but imagine being able to build a restaurant or something and save it as a custom design to use again later.
... AND ... to share it with your friend/the community [big grin]

Exactly. I'd prefer that to any sort of multiplayer. A sharing system where you can share not just coasters, but custom buildings/restaurants/facilities.
I am not quite agree with you about the multiplayer (I'd like a multiplayer mode if it's not competition between players, but a way to visit the parks of other players, or build together, but it's off topic) but yes, I would love to see a "sharing system" for coasters, buildings, restaurants, shops, custom scenery, like a sort of "Steam Workshop page" but inside the game, and where you can select something (anything you made in the game, even if the "structure" countain a personnal 3D objet you imported), click the "Share" button , and you can put it in a specific category, and choose to share it with a friend (by selecting it in the list) or with the world (available for all players).

The "PCCL" : "Planet Coaster Content Library" [big grin]

I am not quite agree with you about the multiplayer (I'd like a multiplayer mode if it's not competition between players, but a way to visit the parks of other players, or build together, but it's off topic)

I meant if it were between a competitive multiplayer and a sharing system, I'd prefer a sharing system. I like your idea about visiting other players parks though, that sounds like it would be a blast [happy]

Also yes, your idea about an ingame workshop to share structures, objects and rides is ideal for this sort of game.

Last edited:
I agree 100%, it would make it so convenient and quick as well as remove much of the hassle and shortcomings of the old building system.

Even if it's piece by piece like in RCT3 or layered with click and drag walls like in The Sims, custom buildings are a huge park of playing a theme park simulator for me. It adds a personal touch to each park. It gives players the chance to be creative with scenery, instead of just plopping down a few trees and statues.

You. I like you.
Take these thumbs up [up][up][up]

This would be the game-changing feature. I mean, without the building system of RCT3 we'll see a lot of copy-paste parks, with any different personal style from one another.
Let's be honest, the real fun of the RCT franchise was creating custom buildings around your attractions, and what made the best parks absolutely special, unique and breathtaking.

Also, with this feature on, they could release monthly expansion packs with new sets, like The Sims is doing. I'll seriously throw money at them if this happens.

Last edited:
Realllllly like this idea. I think this could be really useful with building coaster stations, restaurants, dark rides and more. Give us the "Assets" and a great in-game building tool (Sims 4) and let our imaginations do the creating. Also, would make for a much more manageable custom asset importing I would imagine (assuming we get custom content).

Let's be honest, the real fun of the RCT franchise was creating custom buildings around your attractions, and what made the best parks absolutely special, unique and breathtaking.

Exactly. I spend hours building structures in RCT3, just so the shops fit the theme of the area I'm building in.

Love this idea for sure, would be neat to see how we could go about making our own custom buildings. You all have great ideas thus far!

Top Bottom