Real World Theme Parks Symbolica (The Efteling)

I'm in love with the Efteling. The music is great, the rides are great. Everything is great!
I think we, the Dutch Planet Coaster community, are all in love with the Efteling.
Now you guys need to get in love with the Efteling.

In 2015 they opened a new ride called: "Baron 1898"
It is a B&M Divecoaster with 2 inversions, a Immerman and a Zero-G roll.
I think it is the best themed coaster in the world. I think all the attraction in the Efteling are beautiful themed.
Look at it! It's beautiful!

[video=youtube_share;fRQNMWribCI]https://youtu.be/fRQNMWribCI[/video]
(I don't know if this Forum stupports 360° videos. It didn't so I put in an other video)

The Efteling started with building their new ride. It is going to become one of the biggest in the park and it is the most expensive ride yet! It will become a piece of beauty. It is going to be a trackless Darkride, fully themed after the Efteling joker named Pardoes.

De_nieuwe_Efteling-attractie_'Symbolica_Paleis_der_Fantasie'_.jpg

Yesterday, 8-3-2016, they started with building.
I will keep you up to date.

Last edited:
The start of the construction of "Symbolica!"

080316symbol1.jpg

Efteling fans have awaited weeks to this milestone. On the construction side of attraction Symbolica entered the first post the ground. It is the first of a total of 646 posts, of which 204 bored piles and 442 piles.

This announced the Efteling today. The first preliminary work began on January 11th. Last week they made the side ready for construction. It is now a matter of time before the construction of the building will be visible.

Next year should the "Palace of Fantasy ' be completed. In the indoor family attraction of 35 million euros will visitors be invited by mascot Pardoes to rediscover their imagination. The interactive dark ride is "the interaction between reality, dreams and fantasy is central in this attraction." It is the largest and most expensive Efteling attraction ever.
(Source: http://www.looopings.nl/weblog/5109...nu-echt-begonnen-eerste-paal-de-grond-in.html)

Last edited:
I REALLY want to go there. I think Baron 1898 is just the most gorgeous thing. The whole park is beautiful. It seems to have it's own identity and doesn't seem too fakey themeparky if you know what I mean. The theming just feels authentic. The attention to detail is wonderful.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Efteling [heart]

Since this week, I'm regularly listening to the Baron 1898 music. Just like all of the Efteling music, it is great to listen to!
I'm looking forward into visiting the Efteling later this year!

Anton Franciscus Pieck the painter and illustrator

His art,designs and soul are everywhere in the park [heart]

antonpieck_werktafel.png

[h=2]Efteling[/h] From 1952 to 1974, Pieck was responsible for designing almost everything for fairy tale park Efteling in Kaatsheuvel, now one of the major theme parks in Europe. His work for the Efteling has been of huge importance for the future of the park, since almost all later designers used his graphic characteristics in their designs (such as materials, colors and shapes).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anton_Pieck

I'm in love with the Efteling. The music is great, the rides are great. Everything is great!
I think we, the Dutch Planet Coaster community, are all in love with the Efteling.
Now you guys need to get in love with the Efteling.

In 2015 they opened a new ride called: "Baron 1898"
It is a B&M Divecoaster with 2 inversions, a Immerman and a Zero-G roll.
I think it is the best themed coaster in the world. I think all the attraction in the Efteling are beautiful themed.
Look at it! It's beautiful!

https://youtu.be/fRQNMWribCI
(I don't know if this Forum stupports 360° videos. It didn't so I put in an other video)

Beautiful queue and theming. Short ride, but it's got a lot of things packed into the ride time.

The coaster seemed quite short. However the theme was really nice. :)

I have visit Efterling a long time ago when I was a kid. That was in 1995! I would love to go there again soon. I have a lot of fond memories from there. I remember my big brother calling it "Efter Ling, Efter Ding" for some reasons. x-D

Last edited:
I've not been myself, but I've heard a lot about the place thanks to my sister marrying a dutch guy and taking my nephews there :)

Ohh Symbolica.. sounds interesting - if only we knew the blueprints I would totally build it in Planet Coaster [tongue]

If I wasn't so afraid of anything more extreme than Space Mountain, I'd totally go on Baron 1898. It's such a beautiful coaster!
Trust me, space mountain is more scary compared to the Baron. Most likely cause space mountain is in the dark. And i myself have been afraid for coasters with loopings until my 24th. Now a friend made me go in the Python about 2 years ago. Not a year later the Baron was finally there. Guess what, 1st row and nailed it. It is such an amazing ride. You reallyshould give it a try. It totally feels like you are flying above the track. Don't think to much but just do it. You'll face a whole new world

The coaster seemed quite short. However the theme was really nice. :)

I have visit Efterling a long time ago when I was a kid. That was in 1995! I would love to go there again soon. I have a lot of fond memories from there. I remember my big brother calling it "Efter Ling, Efter Ding" for some reasons. x-D
It is short indeed. But that's ok nonetheless. It's all about the freefall. The ride after it is smooth and all that., The full thrill comes with the fall.

I've not been myself, but I've heard a lot about the place thanks to my sister marrying a dutch guy and taking my nephews there :)
You should go there for sure. It's hotel and bungalow park are themed amazingly and are great for a stay while you enjoy the park.

To make coasters as in the Efteling, there should be an option to make brakes when going up or down (small height differences), like it is at Baron 1898 . And be able to make chains in corners like they use in the Flying Dutchman.. that would be a great feauture to make a lot of coasters with a story and with a lot of scenary.

Don't you all think?

Top Bottom