For how long does the early access run?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I want official and confirmed information here. Before I spend 70€ I wanna know what I get for the money. Will the early access start on March 22 and then let me play until release in autumn? Or am I paying 30€ just for a weekend? I can't believe this hasn't been brought up before.

Hi Kenneth, it has been brought up a few times, but not so much recently

You will have access throughout, its not just a weekend. However, assets are being released in stages. It is believed that from 22 March we will have the modular building tool and paths to play around with

Last edited:
Ok thank you very much for the answer :)

So it will be like a Steam Early Access, you buy access to a long Alpha/beta period and then get the full game when its done? Sounds sweet!

I want official and confirmed information here. Before I spend 70€ I wanna know what I get for the money. Will the early access start on March 22 and then let me play until release in autumn? Or am I paying 30€ just for a weekend? I can't believe this hasn't been brought up before.
It has been brought up. Many times. From launch of the Alpha on the 22nd of this month, you'll be able to play all the way through to release (and beyond).

[Obviously there may be times when a bug prevents you from playing temporarily, but I'm sure that Frontier will be working hard to ensure that happens as infrequently as possible.]

[This isn't official confirmation, as I'm not an employee of Frontier. But it's still what's going to happen [happy]]

Ok thank you very much for the answer :)

So it will be like a Steam Early Access, you buy access to a long Alpha/beta period and then get the full game when its done? Sounds sweet!

Yes, just like Steam early access, except Planet Coaster will not be on Steam... just yet anyway

Anyone has any info on modding capabilities? Adding new content and changing core mechanics like Cities Skylines

That is something that Frontier are very aware the community are requesting. However, it will not be implemented until after release (runs and hides from wall of posts) [hehe]

Okey thanks for all your help today :) Just one final question. Will the Early Access be purchasable after March 22, or is it pre-order only?

I don't believe I have heard that it's not going to be available. I would also be very very surprised if it wasn't! As soon as videos and images are uploaded online from the community playing it, I expect Frontier's sales to spike... It wouldn't make great business sense to stop the early access at this early stage.

Last edited:
I can't find the topic at work, but it was said you will be able to buy early bird after the launch on March 22nd. A developer also said they would take down early bird as the release date to the full game gets closer.

Yeah I just wanna hear people's opinion on the alpha before I spend so much money on it. And also see some unscripted gameplay

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom