Park Entrances

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, first time poster here although I have followed the forums for a while and the games progress for ages.

My question to you is how do you design your park entrance. In the RCT series I spent countless hours designing the perfect park entrance. I hate to see grass in-between shops or paths coming from other paths like octopus legs.

Sometimes I do a Disney-style Main Street, with a train station at one end and a central plaza that links all the paths to the different sections of the park. Other times, I put the entrance in the middle of the map, with stairs leading from underground where Peeps spawn.

Looking forward to seeing what I can do in PC.

Sometimes I do a Disney-style Main Street, with a train station at one end and a central plaza that links all the paths to the different sections of the park. Other times, I put the entrance in the middle of the map, with stairs leading from underground where Peeps spawn.

Looking forward to seeing what I can do in PC.

I like to do a Disneyland Main Street style entrance too, but in RCT2/3 I feel like the guests would just wonder around and it would take them awhile to find their first ride. I know the guests are supposed to be more intelligent in PC, so I hope they will go straight to the rides instead of wandering in circles!

I like to do a Disneyland Main Street style entrance too, but in RCT2/3 I feel like the guests would just wonder around and it would take them awhile to find their first ride. I know the guests are supposed to be more intelligent in PC, so I hope they will go straight to the rides instead of wandering in circles!

Haha, I noticed that too. Themed zones are practically empty, main street is a bustling crowd constantly.

Still, depends what I was going for, the main street design is usually for my own visual enjoyment rather than practicality.

Haha, I noticed that too. Themed zones are practically empty, main street is a bustling crowd constantly.

Still, depends what I was going for, the main street design is usually for my own visual enjoyment rather than practicality.

I agree. I like to have the area so it looks real to me, but it would be nice if guests would interact more realistically (which I know they mentioned making the guests intelligent in this game).

Also, In real theme parks, guest browse full size stores for a duration of time trying to pick things out, whereas in RCT1-3 guests would just walk up to a window to purchase one item in a very quick transaction. I think that would be cool to have full size stores.

I agree. I like to have the area so it looks real to me, but it would be nice if guests would interact more realistically (which I know they mentioned making the guests intelligent in this game).

Also, In real theme parks, guest browse full size stores for a duration of time trying to pick things out, whereas in RCT1-3 guests would just walk up to a window to purchase one item in a very quick transaction. I think that would be cool to have full size stores.
agree with this - the rct3 peeps were rather basic.
hoping the guests in PC will be far more realistic; shopping, paths, transport rides, group behavior.

I'm more used to a dueling path with some sort of feature in the middle. (A typical Cedar Fair Park) It makes the park look fantastic and grand!

Hey guys, you think we can customize the actual entrance a bit? For example get a bare entrance, like the bare coasterstations of rct3, and build a nice themed building over it?
That would be awesome.

Well I like the Idea of the "Mainstreet"-like Entrance, would be nice if the AI would recoginze that somehow. To have some shops and restaurants and monorail station before enter the themed zones with rides. If possible I will go for that Disney approach as well.

Would be nice to see parents and their childs more in that "commercial! area and the teen kids chasing for the rides area.

I'm very excited about the "real" entrance in the game. I don't know how it will be but I hope that we can customize it. In another games, we've always had an small door-entrance with a specific theme. I hope that we can see real box offices with turnstiles before enter the park. I think that it would be great!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom