Early Bird Updates

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
As most of us know by now, next week the Early Birds edition will be released :)

The final game will be most probably be released during fall, but let's assume a words case scenario and say in 9 month's.

I wonder how often will we get updates? Will it be BIG updates like every 2 or 3 month's so we go from EB to Final in like 3 steps?
Or will it be more like smaller steps and maybe ha small updates every week or every 2 weeks?

Nothing has been confirmed as yet. I'm basing my expectations on what Frontier actually want to gain from the alpha access, ie. testing specific features and collating feedback. On that basis, I'm not necessarily expecting to have full access to a playable game, perhaps just individual features in isolation which I'm imagining would be on a phased basis before having something resembling the finished product quite near to the final release.

All just my expectations. Might be wrong.

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
I hope we get some more information about it soon...

I really hope we get regular smaller updates. That way the game keep's feeling fresh and it more motivating to keep playing/testing

I hope we get some more information about it soon...

I really hope we get regular smaller updates. That way the game keep's feeling fresh and it more motivating to keep playing/testing

In regards to the information I too would love to hear some. With whatever press event they have going on this week I'm sure the information is forthcoming (just not today).

I think it might be sort of like The Sims when it comes to the updates. Maybe as soon as someone finds a glitch or bug they will bring out a patch update in a couple of days but if its big update, like they are adding new stuff, it might be a few months.

Last edited:
Deuce said on the RCTW forums we will get an update every week. I asked him where he has read it. He answered:

Coaster head club. They will push a new build to early access on average once per week. Makes sense, it doesn't take more than a week to get feedback on the previous build.

But it's not confirmed by other CHC members.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
But it's not confirmed by other CHC members.

I did a search for some keywords, but wasn't able to find the specific information at this time.

Though it does seem logical we will get regular updates of the Planet Coaster Early Access.

Honestly feel like all of these small topics that ask questions can be put into the Ask Thread... sinncee, that's what I made it for.

Why shoot down people when they post a new thread? It makes more sense to have individual threads for the specific questions than one thread that you have to sort through. I mean that's what forums are for lol

Why shoot down people when they post a new thread? It makes more sense to have individual threads for the specific questions than one thread that you have to sort through. I mean that's what forums are for lol

Agreed.

I'd actually prefer people to be less shy to open a new thread with their questions. It makes the community feel more alive and helps in deciding what's worth a read and what isn't.

Brett said: Every week, when i sync in our latest build of planet coaster, there's a bunch of new stuff being added in. The team is doing some serious work from all areas. [up]
EDIT: For anyone curious, this does not confirm weekly updates - just me simply saying that the game is making serious leaps and bounds on progress.

Last edited:

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Brett said: Every week, when i sync in our latest build of planet coaster, there's a bunch of new stuff being added in. The team is doing some serious work from all areas. [up]
EDIT: For anyone curious, this does not confirm weekly updates - just me simply saying that the game is making serious leaps and bounds on progress.

I really hope so [happy]

I'm affraid if we can just make scenery and path's for like 3 month's i will get bored of it after a few days and will quit playing untill the next update.
While if we have regular updates it feels like infinity free DLC [big grin] and i will keep playing (and finding bugs to report)

I really hope so [happy]

I'm affraid if we can just make scenery and path's for like 3 month's i will get bored of it after a few days and will quit playing untill the next update.
While if we have regular updates it feels like infinity free DLC [big grin] and i will keep playing (and finding bugs to report)
i dont think we can only make paths and scenery, but i hope someone clear this up.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator

That's the post I was looking for. Meanwhile I've found it myself as well. [happy]

And there it is: officially, it is unknown at this time how often we get updates of the Early Access Alpha/Beta of Planet Coaster. We'll see once we get them. I do know it will be amazing! [big grin] [up]

Top Bottom