Car parks

In RCT3 to take this example, visitors are coming "magically" on one side of the map. I would like to see "the source" (a piece of airport or train station). Even if I can not "manage" these buildings, this would give more realism to see where they come from.

I also want the possibility to make parking (many RCT3 players, myself included, have created "false" car park to add realism and life to all this). It was all fake, because it was only "Custom Scenery", but if this could be added in the initial game, it would be great !

A random picture on google image :
RollTyco3_006_large.jpg

My 2 cents

Yeah I like the idea of parking lots, just makes everything feel so much more real, and like I posted somewhere else it would also be neat to see them get out of cars as the spawn spots for the people. And to see them excited before they enter the park!

Dare I say a modernized version of the DOS Theme Park Game? Where guests arrived by bus =)
Yeah, bus too !

screenshot_1_419.png

In fact, any form a "visitors sources" like : Car park, Bus/Shuttle station, Train station, Airport, Monorail station, Subway station, Harbor, UFO Station (wait ? what ?)

If the above was implemented into the game;

It would be good if the infrastructure to get guests to the park were upgradeable and required investment to allow more numbers to arrive. Again "stolen" directly from "Theme Park" where you started with a bus only capable of carrying 20 guests at a time, as time goes on and you invest in research you eventually end up with a mega (abait unrealistic) double decker bus carrying much greater number of guests to/from your park.

More modernly this could be car parks, railway systems, bus systems, UFO's?... (I see an Easter Egg coming). The upgradeable part could be capacity and frequency of public transport. Potentially the effectiveness of your infrastructure could affect your parks rating, no body wants a massive queue to get back home, likewise if you have poor networks then you'll only manage to get a limited number of guests into your park, limiting capital.

Anybody who has been to Alton Towers in the UK knows what a nightmare getting back to the car park is just after the park closes... for those not familiar, the main car park is a good walk or a monorail ride away from the main entrance.

For those not familiar with Theme Park, below is the small bus early in the game. The frequency was as soon as it left the map, a new one would enter from the other side. As your park grew you had no choice but to make the bus bigger to get more guests through your gates or you'd go bankrupt...

themeprk3.gif

Last edited:
Yeah I hope we have something like this in CP. Maybe give us the ability to fully design our park including how we want the parking lots to work as well! :)

In fact, it is the same with the topic about hotels, or the one about transports :

Give us the possibility to create things "outside" the parc (in close vicinity) would be really interesting.
So, ultimately, the car park is just one of these things.

I would like to see functioning parking lots as well, it would definitely add to the realism. Also, it would yet again be another feature for the financial management/income part of the game. Being able to set parking prices for standard parking, preferred parking and handicap parking. Prices can also be affected by special events or holiday seasons as well.

This is a great idea and feels like a good addition for the next generation of theme park simulation games. It's a gateway to eventually adding hotels and full-on resorts.

To add to what others have suggested, if this were in a career mode or scenario, I envision something like this...

First scenario begins with a road that connects your parking area to the outside world. Your starting parking lot might begin with 200 spaces and guests walk to the entrance.

As your park grows, you'll want to expand your parking area to accomidate more guests so you pay to build another 200 spaces and now more guests arrive by car.

As time passes and space is limited, you can build multi-story parking garages, bus stations, rail stations etc and hire staff to drive those buses.

Even more elaborate parking areas would have stations for hop-on-hop-off trams or monorails to get peeps from the parking area to the entrance quicker. They had the tram transport ride in RCT3 but no parking lots to drive through.

All this would add to general park management. You pay cash upfront for the infrastructure and continue to pay expenses for staff (drivers), and vehicle/facility maintenance. You get revenue from bus/rail tickets and parking fees.

As for making space for this, I think it would probably share the same space as the amusement park. Im sure the developers have a maximum park size in ind. Players would have a zoning tool designate which part of the map is for the amusement park and which part is for transport and parking and the exterior fencing of the park will move accordingly.

This is a great idea and feels like a good addition for the next generation of theme park simulation games. It's a gateway to eventually adding hotels and full-on resorts.

To add to what others have suggested, if this were in a career mode or scenario, I envision something like this...

First scenario begins with a road that connects your parking area to the outside world. Your starting parking lot might begin with 200 spaces and guests walk to the entrance.

As your park grows, you'll want to expand your parking area to accomidate more guests so you pay to build another 200 spaces and now more guests arrive by car.

As time passes and space is limited, you can build multi-story parking garages, bus stations, rail stations etc and hire staff to drive those buses.

Even more elaborate parking areas would have stations for hop-on-hop-off trams or monorails to get peeps from the parking area to the entrance quicker. They had the tram transport ride in RCT3 but no parking lots to drive through.

All this would add to general park management. You pay cash upfront for the infrastructure and continue to pay expenses for staff (drivers), and vehicle/facility maintenance. You get revenue from bus/rail tickets and parking fees.

As for making space for this, I think it would probably share the same space as the amusement park. Im sure the developers have a maximum park size in ind. Players would have a zoning tool designate which part of the map is for the amusement park and which part is for transport and parking and the exterior fencing of the park will move accordingly.

I know some people will probably not like this idea because it's "too complicated" or whatever, but I love it. We would finally be able to be an actual tycoon :D

I know some people will probably not like this idea because it's "too complicated" or whatever, but I love it. We would finally be able to be an actual tycoon :D

I would love this Idea. I love building rollercoasters, but the management part and the little details make the game complete. +1 [up]

With any suggestion there is always lots of variants on how it could appear in game. I'd prefer to build and manage an elaborate parking area in tandem with rides and shops as they are all part of running a real theme park, but a simple alternative could be to have a simulated guest arrival system and parking via a window on the park management screen. From there you purchase parking lots, garages, buses with a single click without there actually being a physical manifestation of it on the map. It's lame compared to building your own, but I'd take it over not having it represented in the game at all.

I think having a parking lot is great, it really adds to the management area of the game. You have to decided if you want to charge for people to park or leave it free and charge higher ticket prices or for other things in the park. Or charge for everything. Its great for sure I would love to have as much as people to make it a great management style game for sure.

Top Bottom