Waiting in line

I noticed in the Dev Diary all the peeps seem to have bear arms and only security have watches.

My idea would be that various adults have watches and from time to time when queueing they look at their watches, shrug and a look bored or impatient.

I wanna say if they have a gif like this of the characters in line I hope they have more than just this and they might!

l0O9xgqcakvCaZTTq.gif

Need more people on their phones/listening to music/headphones in line. And couples making out *eye roll* lol

Philip Coutts

Volunteer Moderator
Parents shouting at their kids! It's a must for funfairs, exasperated parents yelling "Do you know how much this costs!!???" [haha]

Parents shouting at their kids! It's a must for funfairs, exasperated parents yelling "Do you know how much this costs!!???" [haha]

I can agree, I am a father of 4 myself and have been in that situation a couple of times...

I also agree about more natural action variations as well, here are a few examples I can think of while typing this:

-Sitting/leaning on the rails and walls of the queue
-Texting and talking on cell phones while in the queue
-Horseplay between younger peeps in the queue
-Affection between peeps in the queue; holding hands, hugging, possibly a kiss or two
-Possibly line cutting attempts by malicious/teenage peeps?

I'm sure we can all come up with some more ideas! [big grin]

Partners and friends need to be in general conversation with one another, possibly pumping each other up for the big ride ahead! Also, maybe the old "tap the person on the left shoulder whilst standing by their right side" too. [big grin]

Friends playing games to pass the time. I always play the movie connections game when I'm in a theme park queue, but it could be more visual, like rock paper scissors or red hands or thumb war.

Oh, and parents ignoring their kids as the kids swing on the railings, kicking the nice man in front of them (that last one might just be me).

Or Parents saying to kids it is time go go home and the kids CRIES. haha, I remember the time I was child. Parents said "look here we do not have more tickets, we have to ho home" and I was so sad. Now today the parents can't do that here as we have ride pass braclets. ;)

Tickets? Ride pass bracelets? I'm so glad we don't have anything like that in Dutch theme parks. You pay your entrance fee and that's it.

We do that here because the park has a long time tradition as a park where you would visit and dance, drink and have fun, eat good at some of the (proper) restaurants including the one in the 18th century building with luxury food for premium price.. watching follies/revue.. Enjoy the beautiful park with history from 1700's with old buildings. And a few small carousels and the big wooden coaster.

So you do not necessarily go there to RIDE, you can very well just go there to enjoy your time without riding.
So that's why they have this system of entrance and the tickets or pass. Because they want a variety of people visiting the park including senior citizens, not only kids going on rides.

I think it is good concept for parks like these, very old parks around 100 years or more.

But for parks with more strong "RIDE" profile it is naturally better with entrance only.

We also have such parks in the mid of the country it is not as classy and refined. Enter and people just ride ride ride and eat cheap food. Often such places are flat "rural" area. Either very low on scenery at all or high on scenery but mostly of the factory made variety not nature foliage but of course there's such variants too.

So here you have answer on why there's different systems.

And then of course there's the moveable rickety fairgrounds where you do not have to pay for entrance and you just pay per ride and often no pass bracelet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom