Management and Trafic

Hi.
I tend to agree now that there are some flaws in the management system.

It seems to me a lot of the management aspect comes down to where people actually go. I don't think people are programmed to go from a specific point but just wanders around. I may be wrong, but whilst there are a lot of numbers sometimes it's hard to understand why one attraction does better than another. I created a coaster with 7 excitement, and another has like 4 but still has way more visitors, and the only explanation I can think of is the traffic leading to people not wandering in this area.

Am I wrong? Could we have more clue on why an attraction works rather than 2 major thoughts about it that don't add up with the success of failure of an attraction.

I created a coaster with 7 excitement, and another has like 4 but still has way more visitors, and the only explanation I can think of is the traffic leading to people not wandering in this area.

Am I wrong? Could we have more clue on why an attraction works rather than 2 major thoughts about it that don't add up with the success of failure of an attraction.

As far as I understand it, a roller coaster with 7 excitement is quite high, so only thrillseekers will want to ride on it, basically some teens and few adults. And with 8-9 almost no one will want to ride on it because it's too much.

More balanced rides, with 4-5 excitement seem to attract all audiences. If you want more family I guess you need 2-3 excitement. I always try to aim to 5 for most of my roller coasters to ensure guests.

Also the scenery ratings of both attraction and queue seem to matter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom