Construction Animation

i think it would be absolutely mindblowing if the coasters , stalls and rides we place are getting build by workers.

imagine bring them the stuff they need to the construction sites, like cranes and coaster parts, closing paths for safety reasons and then actually start building your coaster and u can watch them do it. peeps getting curious taking photos while all this happen.

I know this could be super hard to realize but it think this would be so next gen coaster simulation gaming

Last edited:
Yes I +100000000000000000 to this idea, same thing I brought up in the RCTW site, but this would be amazing especially with the people. Again its amazing how much this comes back to the people, trying to jump up to peek over the fence and all of that, getting excited to see what new thing is coming? Ah this would be amazing to have for sure.

But for myself I can't wait to see my visitors using the new ride and see what their thoughts are. So the, "getting excited to see what new thing is coming" KnoxVegas is talking about can also be applied on the creators.

Therefore I'm not sure whether I like the construction idea or not haha

But for myself I can't wait to see my visitors using the new ride and see what their thoughts are. So the, "getting excited to see what new thing is coming" KnoxVegas is talking about can also be applied on the creators.

Therefore I'm not sure whether I like the construction idea or not haha

A nice option could be to watch construction if you want, but to be able to skip it if you're in a hurry to get things built.

A nice option could be to watch construction if you want, but to be able to skip it if you're in a hurry to get things built.
Yes,like having maybe a little bit to pay up for fast contruction.Or turn off that option in settings

Look like a "Facebook game" where you need to wait until you got the ride (or you need to pay with microtransaction).

I'm a little bit sacred about this suggestion in fact ... [uhh] But maybe i'm wrong, and i dont see it the way you see it.

I think Bole meant buy it with your in-game money. Not like extra payments as in Farm Ville or something. At least... I hope he means that [tongue]

Look like a "Facebook game" where you need to wait until you got the ride (or you need to pay with microtransaction).

I'm a little bit sacred about this suggestion in fact ... [uhh] But maybe i'm wrong, and i dont see it the way you see it.

Think about it like SimCity 4 where it would take time for the buildings to actually appear and function. Even some buildings you had to place down (the airport) had to be constructed.

I think it would be cool to see the construction animation of a coaster getting built. I'd say about 6-7 months for a big coaster (more than 1000m) or less for smaller coaster. Or maybe they could program it to where 150m are constructed per month, and it would cost more to speed up construction.

I've always been interested in construction and that's basically one of my favorite parts of the game. I'd actually sometimes just let my coasters sit unfinished just to give off the illusion that they're being "constructed." I'm sure some people won't like this so it should probably be an option to turn it off.

If this appears in the game, I would actually make it in special game mode, lets call it "realistic mode" for now. It could bring more, such as more realistic economy (for instance shares) etc.

As for construction, If it was there, I would also be happy if part of it was that we need to manage some sort of logistics for it, tranposrt all the peieces to the construction site at first, without affecting the rest of the park (or minimize it). Though, that´s just my sci-fi wish that will never happen for sure.

Think about it like SimCity 4 where it would take time for the buildings to actually appear and function. Even some buildings you had to place down (the airport) had to be constructed.

I think it would be cool to see the construction animation of a coaster getting built. I'd say about 6-7 months for a big coaster (more than 1000m) or less for smaller coaster. Or maybe they could program it to where 150m are constructed per month, and it would cost more to speed up construction.

I've always been interested in construction and that's basically one of my favorite parts of the game. I'd actually sometimes just let my coasters sit unfinished just to give off the illusion that they're being "constructed." I'm sure some people won't like this so it should probably be an option to turn it off.
Hummmm ... SimCity and PlanetCoaster are different (in fact, it's not even the same genre of game)

Immagine a minute how it's strange because : you build the coaster, you start from the station, then you you makes your track, to reach the other side of the station, then everything disappears (???), to appear again, exactly the same, once the builders have finished (???) It's a little bit strange to me. Same about buildings ? You build them piece by piece, you put the wall here, a roof here, then everything disappears, to appear again, step by step after it's open ? What if you want to change a part of the coaster, if you want to add a looping for exemple ? Did you get my point ?

What I mean is that this kind of gameplay is more suited to "RTS" (Command & Conquer, Age of Empire, Warcraft, Starcraft, etc.) or "City Builders" (Cities Skylines, Simcity, Anno, Tropico, etc.) but not for a "Simulation". Because in simulation game, everything is subject to change everytime except with prefabs who are the least interesting elements of the game. (like small stalls or flatrides) when in a RTS or a City Builders, prefabs are very important, and the structures does not change in details (the best you can do is "update" your buildings) and it's not bad, because the interest is elsewhere.

For me it is important to not confuse these type of games. Because it is not the same public (even if, often, the target of City Builders is interested in simulation games, and inversely proportional)

My opinion.

Hummmm ... SimCity and PlanetCoaster are different (in fact, it's not even the same genre of game)

Immagine a minute how it's strange because : you build the coaster, you start from the station, then you you makes your track, to reach the other side of the station, then everything disappears (???), to appear again, exactly the same, once the builders have finished (???) It's a little bit strange to me. Same about buildings ? You build them piece by piece, you put the wall here, a roof here, then everything disappears, to appear again, step by step after it's open ? What if you want to change a part of the coaster, if you want to add a looping for exemple ? Did you get my point ?

What I mean is that this kind of gameplay is more suited to "RTS" (Command & Conquer, Age of Empire, Warcraft, Starcraft, etc.) or "City Builders" (Cities Skylines, Simcity, Anno, Tropico, etc.) but not for a "Simulation". Because in simulation game, everything is subject to change everytime except with prefabs who are the least interesting elements of the game. (like small stalls or flatrides) when in a RTS or a City Builders, prefabs are very important, and the structures does not change in details (the best you can do is "update" your buildings) and it's not bad, because the interest is elsewhere.

For me it is important to not confuse these type of games. Because it is not the same public (even if, often, the target of City Builders is interested in simulation games, and inversely proportional)

My opinion.

City-builders are simulation games too. But what I was thinking is that you basically build the blueprint or outline for it, and once you're done building, the workers start to build it. If you want to change a coaster you just have to go and build it, but it would be closed for some time. Think about it in the real world, how often do coasters get closed to change their layout? Almost never.

These are just ways to make the game feel more alive imo. It adds an entire new dynamic to the game. I'm sure some people won't like it so it should be optional, but I hope that the developers at least think about it.

u got a point there if u want to change ur coaster once its build. i agree i didnt thought about that point. but what if builders would do what they would do in reallife. take out the parts u reworked and then reconstruct while the rest of the coaster still is there . i think that would be even more awesome.

but i do agree this goes very deep maybe too much in the detail. but i also think this would be a nice challenge to handle your finances right cuz you have to calculate some more things , like time or go one step further like weather.
if its super windy or rainy construcion will hold for some time.

im pretty much sure every park management has to think about those points so why shouldn we do the same ?

all of course with the option to turn it off if u dont want to

ha and if u wanna recolour your coaster, a painter crew comes a long and do the painting work and u can watch them paint :) omg awsome xd

Last edited:
City-builders are simulation games too. But what I was thinking is that you basically build the blueprint or outline for it, and once you're done building, the workers start to build it. If you want to change a coaster you just have to go and build it, but it would be closed for some time. Think about it in the real world, how often do coasters get closed to change their layout? Almost never.
Coasters are closed when you modify something in RCT3 (with the little flag, on the left).
When you want to change something, the flag change, you make your modification, then when your test is ok, you re-open the coaster (with the green flag).

I think it's the best way to do it, so, I don't think you have to be worried about it. I think they will give you that possibility.

These are just ways to make the game feel more alive imo. It adds an entire new dynamic to the game. I'm sure some people won't like it so it should be optional, but I hope that the developers at least think about it.
Well, I see no interest to wait. And i dont know why this can give some "dynamic", it's the opposite to me.

But I agree to admit that something could be done to improve the "realism" when an attraction is closed. In some theme parks, they surround the attraction with barriers, for example. (picture below)

ob_cc75f436d8f187905e1634f5792b446f_p1290201.JPG

But if think they dont need to push the realism too far in video games. Some developers have tried and failed.
I think of the many RPG that wanted to offer "real inventories" Just because in real life, it is impossible to carry three shields, five swords, two axes, twenty four gold ingots, and thirteen books, and do hundreds of kilometers on foot with this in the backpack. So, it's realistic, for sure, but it's boring.

It's just an exemple, but i think you got the point.

Anyway, like i said, it's just my opinion, and maybe I'm wrong.

I can definitely see the ability to maybe turn on the full build mode, but I think this could make the game great, for the people that want the true coaster simulation or park building simulation this to me could help make a game great! I do like the option to turn it off or on though cause not everyone is the same when it comes to building parks. But I'm all for this idea! Hope the devs see this and think of ways to go about helping us with this!! :)

Ok why don't we think about it another way. What if you could build a coaster or flat-ride and give it an "opening day" - "launch day". So before you accept that confuration, you can tick the "Move Opening Day" box and select a date. You should be able to test your coasters regardless in that mode, it just looks like a blue print.

Basically you've reserved It's place in the part, during that period you get to see it be build. So from time starting, it'll be emply, then a day later fence panels appear, land starts look messy, workers arrive with trucks, and so on until a few days before Opening, the workers clear off and the area starts to take shape nicely, day before opening, fences come down, cleaners go in, testers test the ride. Opening day, waits for queue of people then has a display on.

I'd love to have that, so that you can buy your coaster one year, have it ready for the next.

Last edited:
Ok why don't we think about it another way. What if you could build a coaster or flat-ride and give it an "opening day" - "launch day". So before you accept that confuration, you can tick the "Move Opening Day" box and select a date. You should be able to test your coasters regardless in that mode, it just looks like a blue print.

Basically you've reserved It's place in the part, during that period you get to see it be build. So from time starting, it'll be emply, then a day later fence panels appear, land starts look messy, workers arrive with trucks, and so on until a few days before Opening, the workers clear off and the area starts to take shape nicely, day before opening, fences come down, cleaners go in, testers test the ride. Opening day, waits for queue of people then has a display on.

I'd love to have that, so that you can buy your coaster one year, have it ready for the next.

I like this idea, but to make it work, I'd like to see a return of the advertising campaigns that we saw in the RCT series. What if you could set up an ad campaign for a ride that's currently being built? And whilst it's being built, with cranes and diggers on site, there are peeps that stop heading for rides to just lean against the path fence and watch construction?

Last edited:
I like this idea, but to make it work, I'd like to see a return of the advertising campaigns that we saw in the RCT series. What if you could set up an ad campaign for a ride that's currently being built? And whilst it's being built, with cranes and diggers on site, there are peeps that stop heading for rides to just lean against the path fence and watch construction?

Perfect. With media campaigns like this, the guests should have active social media pages, like a mini twitter, where you only see guests comments, even selfies next to the ride in construction (also should work in general around the park with things that are running.)

Love the expansion of ideas for this it could go so many ways, and it could be great in a management way as well for the game. Love this idea for sure.

Top Bottom