Water Rides!

Any particular or new water rides you would like to see, or changes made.

Last edited:
River rapids and flume rides are pretty common at theme parks. I would like to see both in Planet Coaster, but with more in-depth design/build systems than in previous titles. For example, different width options, spline based construction for a more fluid and creative layout, ability to carve out cliff/cave systems for them, different rapid types and intensities as well as waterfall options.

Last edited:
River rapids and flume rides are pretty common at theme parks. I would like to see both in Planet Coaster, but with more in-depth design/build systems than in previous titles. For example, different width options, spline based construction for a more fluid and creative layout, ability to carve out cliff/cave systems for them, different rapid types and intensities as well as waterfall options.
+1

Nothing to add !

I agree TRG86.
I would like to see a boat type ride for dark rides. (Monster Plantation)

Last edited:
Here are my ideas...

river rapids:
- round station with water pump system
- spline based
- no gaps while surrounded by ground
- if possible: add components where we would like to have them (waterfalls, barrels, rocks, log-rapids)
- if possible: different physics per boat (pending on peep amount, passing obsatcles)

log flume:
- round stations
- metal channel while free space around it, concrete channel while in ground (no gaps)
- direction changing track (45° and 90° by turning and backwards/forwards out, 180° by sliding sidewards and backwards/forwards out)
- adjust speed in sections by water level

others:
- supersplash and watercoasters: allow in water (basin) rails as replacement for channels
- themed water rides wiith different boat types (e.g. round)
- cable guided boat rides in "open" water
- water battle ride

I hope that we can draw a river into the ground and use it for rapid river for more natural

THIS!
It would make things look way more realistic. With RCT3 I tried to cover everything to make it look like some sort of river, but it was always a bit weird in the end haha

They have something called Valhalla in Blackpool UK. It's an indoor river caves type thing, but It climbs up, reaches the top, spins the car around and flies you off the edge backwards. I'd love to have things that can make the cars change tracks, lanes, racing. Something extra than just standard log-flume, river-caves type rides. [happy]

They have something called Valhalla in Blackpool UK. It's an indoor river caves type thing, but It climbs up, reaches the top, spins the car around and flies you off the edge backwards. I'd love to have things that can make the cars change tracks, lanes, racing. Something extra than just standard log-flume, river-caves type rides. [happy]

Yes special track parts.
I know a rapid river in Germany Phantasialand were the boats get up with elevator and rush down getting high tilted.

Here are my ideas...

river rapids:
- round station with water pump system

log flume:
- round stations

Just wanted to say YES to both of these. Every log flume and river rapid ride I've ever been on has had a round station; that needs to happen in PC.

I would love to have the possibility to make a darkride like this. [up]

If water rides were added to PC I think that adding water areas for guests to play in would be cool. Most parks have areas set up with jets that shoot water from the ground at different rates and kids run through...this would be something new and probably really fun to watch the animated reactions of people running through the unexpected shooting water...or just a play water area with small slides mounted water guns, water buckets, water park mushrooms...fun stuff like that...things that allow us to create more of an experience or theme and not really just building rides...and wave pools!! gotta have wave pools!!

I'm late to the party...

Totally want Water rides and or the ability to create a water park entirely...and not with that crappy path system that rollercoaster tycoon 3 did.[cry]

I'm late to the party...

Totally want Water rides and or the ability to create a water park entirely...and not with that crappy path system that rollercoaster tycoon 3 did.[cry]

I agree, but RCT3 was pretty good for it's time period.

Last edited:
Top Bottom