Track layout footprint

I think it would good if there was some way of leaving a footprint of the track layout on the the ground for pre set design coaster so you know where to lower the ground where the track requires it.Example at the moment you select a preset design coaster part of it goes under ground it wont let place it because part of the ground needs to be lower so you back out and then select terrain but now your coaster is not on screen anymore and you have nothing to go by to tell where the ground needs to be lower.

+1

Good idea!
Or the possibility to put a picture on the ground (with grid) to do that and also to build the ride after it!
Good for rebuilding real rides!

I think it would good if there was some way of leaving a footprint of the track layout on the the ground for pre set design coaster so you know where to lower the ground where the track requires it.Example at the moment you select a preset design coaster part of it goes under ground it wont let place it because part of the ground needs to be lower so you back out and then select terrain but now your coaster is not on screen anymore and you have nothing to go by to tell where the ground needs to be lower.

I think a much more elegant solution to your specific example is that the game auto-sculpted the terrain to fit, tbh.

I think a much more elegant solution to your specific example is that the game auto-sculpted the terrain to fit, tbh.

Or when saving a blue print of a coaster you had the option of turning auto tunnel on. Another thing I would like is that when you save a coaster blue print that the entrance and exit gates are saved with the station (currently this can't be done) which would be especially helpful when saving a station with it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom