Coaster Building: Best way to get airtime

I need some tips and advice. What is the easiest/best way to maximise air-time in a coaster design?
I struggle to get lots unless I have a really long coaster.

I need some tips and advice. What is the easiest/best way to maximise air-time in a coaster design?
I struggle to get lots unless I have a really long coaster.

Well I guess we gotta first start off by asking whether you know about Air-time and -/+ GForce in general?

It's usually achieved by having the appropriate speed on the peak of a hill.

Watch Point of View Roller Coasters on youtube especiallyy Hyper or Giga coasters

Last edited:
Hit the Sandbox.
Make a simple track.. A single out and back circle. No fancy stuff. Set the lift hill to about 50 - 60 meters.
Run a test and look at the speed of the car around the track (use the Heatmaps).
On the return section (on the opposite side to the lift hill), start playing with 1 hump/camelback....
Make it about 30 Meters tall, and give it a gentle approach and exit....
Run the test and then look at the Heatmaps, specifically for Vertical-G and Speed.
Then experiment with that 1 hump, make the approach steeper, or the exit steeper, play with them and check the heatmaps after each change.
Keep adjusting them and playing with the angles in the track. Its also a great way to practice with the Coaster Editor tools too... ;)

Best way to maximize airtime?

Easy.

Build one modest lift hill, then add a bunch of wide spirals going back and forth with little hills here and there for variety, and back into the station.
Then, select each spiral, and bank your track OUTWARDS at a certain degree.

This will cause every single spiral to generate airtime and you'll easily get 20+ seconds of airtime and absurd excitement levels.

There is a whole thread on this, but I forgot where/am too lazy to find and link it.

Top Bottom