Always post the patch notes of an update/patch

Writing detailed patch notes takes a great deal of time. There is no template or automated way to do this. Each commit to our version control needs to be read and rewritten. At the start of this project we made the decision that we wouldn't release detailed notes as Elite does simply because this would take an incredible amount of time to collate and produce (especially between large builds such as the major Alpha releases when we would be processing tens of thousands of individual commit messages), which we'd rather spend improving the game / fixing bugs.

Sorry, but the decision stands.

Cheers

Andy

https://forums.planetcoaster.com/showthread.php/17245-Did-Frontier-all-get-sent-on-vacation-for-a-week/page4?highlight=andyc

Last edited:
I would like to know what bugs were fixed what did they do. I don't want the code or anything like that, but a basic description of what they did would be great. [yesnod]

I would like to know what bugs were fixed what did they do. I don't want the code or anything like that, but a basic description of what they did would be great. [yesnod]

But that's the whole problem AndyC was describing. It's not so dead simple to copy paste the dev's log and make a descriptive note out of it. They would have to translate every change into a description about what bug has been fixed.

But that's the whole problem AndyC was describing. It's not so dead simple to copy paste the dev's log and make a descriptive note out of it. They would have to translate every change into a description about what bug has been fixed.
Then that is what I think they should do. Patch/update notes would be great [yesnod]

@Frontier :
Next time you make an update like this one, just copy paste this update note, it's a gift :

Update - Version 1.0.X

• - Crash fixes
  • - Stability improvements
  • - Optimisations
  • - Rectifications
  • - New Settings
  • - Various bug fixes
  • - Fix issues about stuff
  • - New improvements on things
  • - Few patchs
  • - Problems corrections
  • - Junk code added