Fake Mountains or the Ability To More Easily Mold Mountains Around tracks

The rides that give me the most inspiration to build and re-create are the ones that are heavily enveloped in a scene. Such as a large mountain like on The Thunder Mountain Train Ride at Disney. Currently its hard to do that use tools. It be cool to get more mountain based scenery that we could fit into our designs. Or even getting the ability to more closely clip mountains to tracks would work for me.

This would be very nice. Normally I have problems with getting the ride track to get close enough to the terrain to look nice. It's all a collision issue from my point of view. Track and flume channel collisions need to resemble a half circle or half cylinder rather than the current full circle/cylinder they use now.

As long as it's not like this cack RCTW came up with! I much rather make my own mountain then have pre-made elements... The terra forming closer to tracks is a massive +1 from me though!

RollerCoaster-Tycoon-World-2016-04-18-19-54-59-40-1.jpg

I mean, you can make a mountain with the tools, but, especially for things like Big Thunder Mountain, it can be a pain. RCT3 had a specific mountain brush - maybe we could get something along those lines which raises the terrain into a point (you'd need more than that for BTM though).

Also snow textures plz.

Last edited:
As long as it's not like this cack RCTW came up with! I much rather make my own mountain then have pre-made elements... The terra forming closer to tracks is a massive +1 from me though!

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/...ter-Tycoon-World-2016-04-18-19-54-59-40-1.jpg
Got to disagree with you there. RCTW handles this in a different way that's got its own advantages and disadvantages. It has the advantage of being more precise and flexible because you can create whatever you want outside of the game and then import it through their UGC tool. That's a big deal. It has the disadvantage of not having as good of a terrain system as PC, so every mountain ride or other ride that darts in and out of tunnels requires custom UGC in RCTW or reuses assets from another ride. You can create a tighter, more polished ride through RCTW. By comparison, PC helps you make more varied rides.

I think Frontier will resolve this over time. It's just going to take quite some time -- not really a priority issue compared to other things going on in the game right now.

Also, TERRAIN PAINTING "fake mountains" so you can have a brown/red Thunder Mountain or a snowy Matterhorn in ANY Biome is DESPARATELY NEEDED.

As it currently stands, you cannot re-create a Disneyland-style park in a Deciduous or Alpine Biome, because of Terrain Paint "limitations / restrictions"... It's sad. [cry]

Top Bottom