General / Off-Topic Planet Coaster "Alpha" in Steam

Do all of you fine folks still have "planet coaster alpha" as a separate game in your steam library?

If so, does anyone know when will it go away? Or if not, do I need to do something to get rid of it?

It just bothers me that it's there. When I use Steam in big picture mode I always choose the wrong tile and the alpha tile tries to open a Steam store page and then freezes Steam until I force close and restart it.

I wasn't sure where to post this because it could be tech support (if it's just my issue), or a suggestion if not (although there's much better things to occupy the devs times), so I figured this was the least offensive place to post this. Thanks! [up]

Take a look at the attached link to a Planet Coaster Alpha announcement.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=518340

Alpha will work until April and then it will be removed from steam. If you don't have anything on it you want anymore, just uninstall it. In case you don't know how to do that: Just right click on Planet Coaster Alpha in your game list and select delete local content. Then you won't be able to click play anymore so you won't open the wrong one.

edit: Yes, I have a seperate Alpha version and yes, I have accidentally click on it too.

Last edited:

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Narad is correct. The Alpha version of Planet Coaster will remain available on Steam until April 2017 so that everyone has enough time to move their parks and blueprints on the Steam Workshop to the final release version of the game.

Ahh! I see and understand. Thank you both :) I will definitely do that uninstall process since I don't have anything to move over. I'm glad I'm not the only one that clicks that on accident.

Top Bottom