Why no Block / Grid Terraforming Options?

I'm sure this has been talked about, but why don't we have a block / grid Terraforming option? There are MANY instances where I just want to raise a square plot of land 1 or 2 meters and then diagonally pull the ground around it up to meet the raised surface. This is useful especially when wanting to build a structure a bit higher than the surrounding area and want uniformity. The current tools makes this quite laborious, and I can never quite get the uniformity I desire. RCT3 had this useful feature, and I used it ALL THE TIME.

what the terrain tool needs it shapes rather than just "molding"

an option to have terrain snap to meters like walls would be nice too

Agreed, I miss that option. Like I posted earlier in another thread re: terrain, I miss the mountain/cliff/plateau tools as well.

what the terrain tool needs it shapes rather than just "molding"

an option to have terrain snap to meters like walls would be nice too

EXACTYLY! Also, in RCT3 I could build a "mountain" to place a roller coaster in/around, and I could enable a grid to see the land height / elevation in meters - very useful

Agreed! I also miss the option to raise or lower square blocks like in RCT3. This can be be helpful if you want to use terrain as columns or to build a rectangular pool of water.

Last edited:
Agreed! I also miss the option to raise or lower square blocks like in RCT3. This can be be helpful if you want to use terrain as columns or to build a rectangular pool of water.

This is exactly why we need tools like in RCT3 in addition to what we currently have in game. I tried to make a large rectangular fountain for my park recreation and it didn't turn out how I wanted it to. I worked at it for 2 hours before giving up.

Well i don't think grid are needed. Maybe just a square brush? And we have intensity which is speed but brush feather slider would be nice too.

Top Bottom