Rides Aging Too Quickly

I opened a new coaster in October, and by July the next year it was already classified as "Aging". That seems too quick for the ride to lose its "new" status.

I opened a new coaster in October, and by July the next year it was already classified as "Aging". That seems too quick for the ride to lose its "new" status.

I don't think that's the worst imbalance with the aging system. The worst is that the penalty for a ride going from New to aging and again to old is way too harsh. You spend a fortune (and a good deal of RL time for that matter) building a perfect ride and twenty RL minutes later it can barely sustain itself because the price has dropped so much. I'm fine with the New status going away fairly fast, but it is a problem that rides more or less require a complete replacement too soon. It doesn't encourage spending time to design nice rides, it encourages plopping down rides fast and replacing frequently.

The possible silver lining to this is I think the patch notes said after a ride becomes "old", it will eventually change to "reviving" and then "classic". I assume that means that after a ride hits rock bottom so to speak, its rating will start going back up again. I don't have any rides that are old enough yet to confirm this though.

Is this mechanic present in sandbox mode? Because if so, we desperately need a way to turn it off completely. I want my perfect part to actually function after I've taken my time building it all.

i have stopped playing until this problem is hopefully fixed, i agree we should have the option to turn aging off in sandbox. i spent hours and hours building a coaster just for it to be trash in 60 min in real time.thats why i have suggested a real-time option. a real time option , we could actually close our parks, do repairs and spend through to the next opening day,or take that time to upgrade the park over night.

I totally agree. Rides age too fast (I once had a ride start to age right after I had tested it and got it's paths down just right) and the entire mechanic undermines the enjoyment out of creative long lasting scenery. In my experience I have never seen the aging system revert from old to reviving and than to classic and my first ride is now 18 years old. The new aging system rewards replacing of old flat rides with the same flat ride or the creation of blue prints for coaster/track rides and replacing them when they get old which makes no sense.

- Career Mode is fine. Parks don't last long enough if your doing it right.
- Sandbox Mode should have the option to turn this feature on/off.
- Challenge Mode needs tweaking. Rides age too fast and the entire system sucks the fun out of building long lasting parks. Rides should age slower and if the aging process actually reverted in my parks to "Classic" than maybe I would think differently. My experience is based on my recent Harder difficulty park.

As I've said before in the many other threads on the topic, the Devs NEED to do at least ONE of the following if they don't want the popularity of this game to continue tumbling:
-Make the length of time Old lasts much shorter. 20 years is just ridiculous.
-Give us a faster speed than 3x so we can at least make the in-game years go by faster to get to Classic.
-Make the penalties for Old age less harsh so the rides can at the very least break even in a best-case scenario.
-Give us some sort of management option to offset aging. Making refurbishing effect it, add a renovation option, have scenery ratings effect reputation and ride desirability more, SOMETHING, ANYTHING.

As it is, more and more people are getting frustrated, quitting, not recommending the game to more players and leave steadily more bad reviews on Steam and Metacritic.

I agree that ride aging shouldn't be present in sandbox mode. Money isn't a factor, so aging shouldn't be either. We should be able to build the park of our dreams with no limitations.

i find the age penalty a bit too hash i am playing challenge mode at the moment and the age penalty just ruins this great game for me [blah]

Planet Coaster was about making wonderfull rides not about replacing your attractions every 4 years [sour]
i really hope challenge mode and sandbox get a custom option [happy]

i find the age penalty a bit too hash i am playing challenge mode at the moment and the age penalty just ruins this great game for me [blah]

Planet Coaster was about making wonderfull rides not about replacing your attractions every 4 years [sour]
i really hope challenge mode and sandbox get a custom option [happy]

Go into settings and turn it off.

Top Bottom