Terrain paint that replicates paths

Hey there.
No idea if this has been suggested, but i'd love to see a terrain paint for each Path-texture available. This way we could make normal, fence/curbless pathing and expand it as we wish as terrain paint, so it looks like huge open areas. This would solve tons of problems imo.[yesnod]

Last edited:
Hey there.
No idea if this has been suggested, but i'd love to see a terrain paint for each Path-texture available. This way we could make normal, fence/curbless pathing and expand it as we wish as terrain paint, so it looks like huge open areas. This would solve tons of problems imo.[yesnod]

That's a great idea!!

I'm not sure how feasible that would be, unfortunately. We are limited to 8 textures per map (+1 base ground texture). This is a technical limitation as stated by the devs, so unfortunately, a bunch of extra terrain textures is not going to happen for us in the near future.[down][sad]

I really like the idea though!

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
That's a great idea!!

I'm not sure how feasible that would be, unfortunately. We are limited to 8 textures per map (+1 base ground texture). This is a technical limitation as stated by the devs, so unfortunately, a bunch of extra terrain textures is not going to happen for us in the near future.[down][sad]

I really like the idea though!

Indeed.... for that reason its impossible to do.

It's one of those things i really hope they can fix in the future :)

Well, can't they add all terrains available and once you have used 8, it will tell you "sorry, you can't use any more paints"?
Easy solution :p

Well, can't they add all terrains available and once you have used 8, it will tell you "sorry, you can't use any more paints"?
Easy solution :p

Well yes and no... the paths are currently not "paints". If you make the path "paints", you gotta be careful to only choose a couple so that you have other paints to theme with.

I think what they should do in the future is like you said... let us choose the 8 paints when creating the map originally. I feel it should be a part of a random map generator/scenario editor in the future.

One can dream, right? :)

Top Bottom