Coaster limits

Hey everyone,

I´m really upset with these unrealistic coaster limits. For example, the Intamin Coster style has a max. drop angle of 80° in the game, while there are many real coasters with a drop angle of more than 90°. Same problem with the max. banking angle. I don´t really understand why there have to be coaster limits or why some coasters got them while others don´t. In my opinion these limits should be completly removed so you can build whatever you want.

I don't mind the coaster limits. You can already do crazy coasters as it is.

However, I would agree that the limits need reworked, adjusted, tweaked, and further balanced.

Sure, you can already build some great coasters and I already did. But that´s not my point.

You said that the limits need to be reworked but I don´t really get what the benefit of the limits is. OK, there is the point that, with the limits its secured that the coasters can´t be too unrealistic. But, in my opinion, you should be able to build your coaster however you like. And those who prefer realistic coasters can still do it.

My favorite coaster style is the Intamin based one. But at this point it´s not possible to build the coasters I want, even when they are based on real coasters.

Sure, you can already build some great coasters and I already did. But that´s not my point.

You said that the limits need to be reworked but I don´t really get what the benefit of the limits is. OK, there is the point that, with the limits its secured that the coasters can´t be too unrealistic. But, in my opinion, you should be able to build your coaster however you like. And those who prefer realistic coasters can still do it.

My favorite coaster style is the Intamin based one. But at this point it´s not possible to build the coasters I want, even when they are based on real coasters.

Oh, trust me I get you, I just feel if they tweaked the limits a bunch, you could do what you want, but still keep it somewhat realistic. I just don't want to see banana rolls on kiddie coasters, etc.

Oh, trust me I get you, I just feel if they tweaked the limits a bunch, you could do what you want, but still keep it somewhat realistic. I just don't want to see banana rolls on kiddie coasters, etc.

I also woundn´t build that, but even if it would be possible you don´t have to do it. So you can still build a realistic park.

But, however. I guess, in general, we share the same opinion. And i would already be fine, if the limits get more realistic and I can finally build the coasters I want [up]

The limits are there to mirror the real life counterpart, some coasters can do vertical drops but the coaster in question in your OP is modeled after a coaster that to my knowledge does not go past 80 degrees vertically.

Frontier has said they wanted to make the game realistic so weather you agree with that or not is up to you, I prefer coasters being like their real life counter part as that's what differentiates them from other coaster types, otherwise whats the point of having different coaster types if they all do the same thing.

The limits are there to mirror the real life counterpart, some coasters can do vertical drops but the coaster in question in your OP is modeled after a coaster that to my knowledge does not go past 80 degrees vertically.

There are several coasters from that type which are steeper than the 80°. For example Maverick at Cedar Point got an 95° first drop, a LSM lifthill, a LSM launch and even two inversions. All that can´t be build in the game, right now. Even a chainlift isn´t possible for this coaster type. By the way, I think the type I mean is named Invincible in the game.

But this is only an example. Many limits of other coaster styles also don´t fit to real coasters.

There are several coasters from that type which are steeper than the 80°. For example Maverick at Cedar Point got an 95° first drop, a LSM lifthill, a LSM launch and even two inversions. All that can´t be build in the game, right now. Even a chainlift isn´t possible for this coaster type. By the way, I think the type I mean is named Invincible in the game.

But this is only an example. Many limits of other coaster styles also don´t fit to real coasters.

The maverick is not a giga coaster though so you cannot compare those two. The invincible coaster is labeled as a giga coaster in the game so it would not make sense to have things that the maverik does. If there was no label on it at all then yes I would agree with you. Chain lift hill for that one though I agree should be there there are plenty of intamin giga coasters with lift hill's

Which brings me more to how I think the coaster editor should be changed to pick the track type, pick the car type and then all restrictions are based on the car type and you dont have individual multiple coaster that are basically the same track type with different coasters

Last edited:
By the way, I think the type I mean is named Invincible in the game.

For that particular coaster type, they modeled it roughly after the "Giga Coaster" Millennium Force, which has an 80 degree first drop. I think that's why you're seeing that particular limit for that particular coaster type.

As for Maverick, you can accomplish "almost" the entire ride, including the LSM launch, with the Torque coaster in game. However, like you said, there are limits to descent angles and the coaster trains are different. I'm all for opening up the options and getting more flexibility (as well as more coaster trains)!

I'm not an expert (heck not even a novice) on Eurofighter designs, but do they include LSM launches and higher angle descents? I've also noticed on Eurofighter videos I've seen that it's just one car? Are there limits to the amount of cars?

For that particular coaster type, they modeled it roughly after the "Giga Coaster" Millennium Force, which has an 80 degree first drop. I think that's why you're seeing that particular limit for that particular coaster type.

As for Maverick, you can accomplish "almost" the entire ride, including the LSM launch, with the Torque coaster in game. However, like you said, there are limits to descent angles and the coaster trains are different. I'm all for opening up the options and getting more flexibility (as well as more coaster trains)!

I'm not an expert (heck not even a novice) on Eurofighter designs, but do they include LSM launches and higher angle descents? I've also noticed on Eurofighter videos I've seen that it's just one car? Are there limits to the amount of cars?

The eurofighter is just a one car per train thing if thats what you mean? You can have multiple cars running as long as there is a block section between them but most real life ones i have seen have a short track so there isnt really multiple running at the same time

The eurofighter is just a one car per train thing if thats what you mean? You can have multiple cars running as long as there is a block section between them but most real life ones i have seen have a short track so there isnt really multiple running at the same time

Yep, I meant one car per train. Ahh I see... that's a bummer, but thank you for the info.

So yeah, the closest Kasa could get IMO to the Maverick is the Torque coaster, but the descent angle limitation is still there.

Overall, I agree we should have limits, but the current limits, IMO, need adjusting.

Last edited:
I know the Maverick isn´t a giga coaster, but it´s ridiculous that, if I want to have the Intamin rail & train design, I can only use it as a giga coaster.
Look at No Limits 2, when you build a coaster, the first thing you do is to choose a coaster style you want. After that you can build whatever you want, because in reality you can do that too. The only limit you have ist the force your train and rail can resist (and it would be good if the passengers survive [big grin]) and maybe the size of the track elements. For example: Every modern coaster can take lateral, and positiv/negativ vertical g-force and it´s not possible that you fall out of the train. So every coastertype should be able to do Inversions and not only a few of them, like in the game. Maybe except the kiddy coasters or the wooden (but also there it´s possible).

I like the idea of a coaster builder where you can first choose a category of the coaster you want to build (steel ( normal coaster), wooden, inverted, flying, floorless, ...), than you pick a rail & train design (Intamin, B&M, Gerstlauer, ...) and then you can build whatever you can build on the other coasters of the same category. At least by the track design.

I also find the current limitations per coaster type really outdated.

Coasters should have limits. Real world coasters can't do everything. Each coaster type has strengths and weaknesses, but these are tied to technical choices : seat and safety restraint design (common row lap bar, single seat lap bar, over the shoulder harness, etc...), track design (tubular or flat rail), support design (Arrow-style U shape, B&M-style square sections, Intamin-style crisscrossed cage, etc..), vehicle size (number of cars, number of rows per car, number of seats per row, etc...), number and position of brake plates, hook for the chain/launch car, induction plates or magnet for electric motor launches.

Each element has an influence on the technical capabilities and the guests experience.

The current game does not let you play with these elements : they are chosen for us by frontier and we can't customize anything.

I wish Frontier could improve the coaster system to give us control over these elements : I want choosing coasters to be gameplay, not aesthetics.

If coasters could be customized, the individual features, car types, track capabilities, technical limits etc... could be added to the research system : we'd start with one very basic coaster which we would progressively upgrade. The custom coaster would truely be our own.

Top Bottom