Self Moderation (transparency) and Upvote system

Self Moderation - (not to remove mods btw, just an extension):
I don't want this to a dig at anyone here, It is not the case - Just bad experience elsewhere. [sad]
We use it currently on another game, huge forum, extremely active, but it works well really well. -
Either +1 if you agree with what they're saying, or -1 if you disagree. That way, if anyone is misbeaving, or the thread, comment is not the overal view of the people, then it'll eventually hide and get replaced with "removed by community vote" - But it does have a toggle so that any one can view it, that way It's completely transparent.

Upvote ideas:
I've seen this sort of system used before, when Microsoft enabled it for Xbox One features. Also currently using it with Discord too. People can suggest an idea, if it's liked, it can be upvoted, the more upvotes, the better. People can add to it with additional comments and ideas. - It actually has a search built in so as your type your suggestion, it shows similar ideas just incase someone duplicates the same ideas.
Also has a filter to see New, Hot/Trending, Highest.

Would be nice to hear some feedback on this from the devs/mods and people here. I'm in experience it's proven to be invaluable.

Thanks
Wobbly

Brett C

Frontier
We plan on adding a thanks/like system to the forum soon. As for an up and downvote system, that won't be happening - as much as i'd love to see a weighted system, there's no such addon like it for vbulletin.[happy]

We plan on adding a thanks/like system to the forum soon. As for an up and downvote system, that won't be happening - as much as i'd love to see a weighted system, there's no such addon like it for vbulletin.[happy]
"vBulletin Helpful Answers" ?

Brett C

Frontier
"vBulletin Helpful Answers" ?
If you're referring to this one: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=233296 - it's been marked as not supported. As such, addons like those may have security issues, compatibility issues, or other unforeseen things that make the forums unstable. [sad]

Make note, this installation of vbulletin here on the PC forums may look normal on the front end, but there's been some serious code changes on the back end. [woah]

If you're referring to this one: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=233296 - it's been marked as not supported. As such, addons like those may have security issues, compatibility issues, or other unforeseen things that make the forums unstable. [sad]

Make note, this installation of vbulletin here on the PC forums may look normal on the front end, but there's been some serious code changes on the back end. [woah]
Oh okay.

Well, hello to the "thanks/like system" then.

Top Bottom