Heatmaps for guests

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
I think heatmaps for guests will be of great use.

For example :

Often i see guests give feedback like "this path is dirty" but i have no clue if all the guests are talking about the same path? Or i have to select a few individual guests to see where they were located at that time.

Would be nice if the guest toughts could be linked to a heatmap so i can see where people have certain toughts. This way it's also more easy to locate problems as i can see in which regions guests are happy and where they are less happy

Maybe the same could be done for profit / spending. Where i can see in a heatmap which part of the parks make the most profit.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Great suggestion!

For example, you could use this idea of a heatmap to show where guests are that are thinking 'I an thirsty'. This would help determine the location of a new drink shop.
One would have to come up with how to project the heatmap onto the park. I don't know the technical possibilities for this idea, but I could think of the ability to project the heatmap on the guests themselves, for example make guests that are having a selected thought (I am thirsty) glow bright red, so you can observe this when looking down at the park from above. Another idea would be to project the heatmap on the paths and make those paths glow bright red if guests are on it that have a specific thought (I am thirsty).

The idea for the ride and shop profit / spending could also work well for people who want to easily monitor their profits per ride and shop. An idea for this heatmap would be to project them on the rides themselves, either as an indicator (some kind of dial) that will show up hovering above the ride and have a specific color depending on the profit (red: loss, yellow: break even, green: profit). Maybe something how the plumbobs float above Sims, or a dial indicator that shows up like the efficiency indicator above buildings in Settlers 7.

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Great suggestion!

For example, you could use this idea of a heatmap to show where guests are that are thinking 'I an thirsty'. This would help determine the location of a new drink shop.

Exactly that! [big grin]

And i hardly dare to say it, but the way it was done in RCT3 was pretty good [praise]

My god I want this so much. I'm really missing the RCT2 overview about guest thoughts and actions.

It would be great to have those heatmaps.[up]
Especially when you get the message: "Many guests are thirsty", etc.
You could open the heatmap and have a look, where they are thirsty, to see where you need more shops.
This would be an extrem help to improve the happiness of your guests! :)

fully agree. Would be great to have a heat map to see where most of the hungry, thirsty, tired guests are!

Don't get me wrong, but I understand the heatmap for dirty paths and so, but a guest being thirsty happens at random times, not because in that particular area is no shop.

Having many guests who are thirsty or hungry just tells you you have to build more shops, and not where there is a lack of shops.

This would be a feature that would improve the management aspect of the game. Also, data is beautiful, especially in my own park ;3

Yes please.

Lots of guests are thirsty... But where? Give me predator heat vision so I can see where the affected "clusters" of parched guests are :)

Also, heat map on paths would be great to see if some are more dirty than others, some are more desirable from a scenery rating, etc etc..

I disagree.

I still believe it is part of the management system and hunger and thirst are not applied to a certain area of effect.
And when someone else enters that area they suddenly are hungry!?

If the game tells you where all the problems are. How can you still find this challenging. and a game.

Besides, some of my peeps where hungry in an certain area. I placed some shops. Yet still, they crossed the entire park because they didn't want what I was selling at the affected area whilst other people crossed over from area's with enough shops because I was selling what they want.

So basically it's just a matter of spacing out the shops evenly so you have a good enough coverage of your park. Trust me. Heatmaps will cover your entire park because people walk side by side. One is hungry the other isn't.

For the paths I do slightly agree. But you will remove the management bit because the game fully tells you what to do.

Top Bottom