[Tutorial / How-To] Bake a Potato

Step 1: Buy a Potato (preferably a Russet "Brown" potato)

Step 2: Buy any ingredients you would like on your baked potato.. for me, I like chives, sour cream, bacon, cheese.

Step 3: Pre-Heat your oven to 425'F (On Bake).

Step 4: Wash your Potato well. Remember the Golden rule... a Clean Potato is a Good Potato!

Step 5: Melt some butter. None of the margarine stuff..in fact throw that stuff out. Your Heart will Thank Me. [heart]

Step 6: In the butter or olive oil add all of your spices that you would like.. for Me it was some salt, pepper, paprika and cayenne pepper. But, I like things Hot and spicy.. just, like my love life! [rolleyes]

Step 7: In the melted butter (or, you can substitute it with olive oil) roll the potato all in it.

Step 8: Stab the potato with a fork, knife (be-careful) all over.. then, repeat step #7.

Step 9: My Favorite part.. (completely option tho..) Wrap that potato in the sliced bacon! make sure it's all tucked in it's little bacon blanket.

Step 10: Place your new bacon potato directly on the rack or put some baking sheet down and place it on that.

Step 11: Bake for 50 - 65 Minutes

Step 12: Turn over the potato every 20 minutes or so..

Step 13: Poke the potato to see if it's ready. If, it is. remove it, cut it open, add all the rest of your ingredients i.e: chives, cheese, e.t.c.

Step 14: If your legal pop a beer.. if not grab a soda and eat your potato wrapped bacon cheese sour cream goodness. and, Enjoy!

I will add pictures step by step asap.

Also, Zac and Brett.. No ban me plz.. just thought it would be funny to share my recipe since you all did make the forum with "How to bake a potato" in the description.. I felt disappointed that there wasn't a thread for it.. So, I hope you all enjoy!

If in case you all do decide I am worthy to keep this thread and keep posting.. I'd love to see your recipes for a baked potato or maybe your finished baked potato as a image below! :D

Now I am going to go enjoy my bacon wrapped potato.. Good night!

LOL [big grin][big grin][big grin]

[...]

Also, Zac and Brett.. No ban me plz.. just thought it would be funny to share my recipe since you all did make the forum with "How to bake a potato" in the description.. I felt disappointed that there wasn't a thread for it.. So, I hope you all enjoy!

[...]
I thought to write the same thing, when I saw the description [up]

I think this thread should be a Sticky.

Hopefully! If, Brett or Zac find it worthy..

__

I really really REALLY want to see people posting pictures of there potatoes.

I should also add.. to give the dish even more finesse you can add some freshly caramelized onions[yesnod]. and, to save time you can do it in the butter that you rolled the potato in.

I want that Frontier put some "Potatoes" in the game, as a Scenery, that way I can make a post on 9gag (They love potatoes there.)

Ok, i'm out [big grin]

Last edited:
Only allowing this because i put that in the forum description. [tongue]

That's the Spirit Brett, I like you! :D

Seriously.. if you like baked potatoes try my recipe. magnificent!

I want that Frontier put some "Potatoes" in the game, as a Scenery, that way I can make a post on 9gag (They love potatoes there.)

Ok, i'm out [big grin]

Should totally name this potato and make it either A: like you said a ingame scenery item.. Potato wrapped in bacon with sour cream chives and chedder cheese or make it as a item peeps can buy in a food place.. that'd be awesome!

Also, tomorrow I will post the pictures of the completed recipe. I'm just to lazy to do it right now

"Hello World. The Wait Is Over"

giphy.gif

Interesting way, when I was small my parents would make baked potato but bake them "natural" and then add the stuffing AFTER the baking. i always thought it taste too much "potato peel" and had to cram in a lot of filling. So this method might produce nicer result. Have to try some day.

Btw, when we got our new fancy microwave in 1988 we baked potato in microwave oven, much shorter time (10-12 minutes?) and quite same taste anyway. But I do not know if it will work with your method. The bacon would likely just be rubber like.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I like cooking and baking. Since no pictures have been posted, I will make this recipe and share some pictures. [happy]

Update: planned for next week.

Last edited:
Top Bottom