Narrow que lines

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Maybe im weird but i LOVE the narrow que line!!

Don't know why but i love the fact you can make really long looking que lines now that will fill up with people.
Especially when you place them indoor it will look like a massive que line that you can have in a well themed indoor area.

Knipsel.jpg

I like them too, though in open space like the above image, they look silly, but you can do some real nice layout stuff with them, through tight caves (when terraforming comes in), I wish the main paths could do that too - love to have little paths for the "staff only" sections. 4m min is just not low enough, however 1m on a path would be too low - I'd suggest 2m.

Agreed, you can do a lot of things with a 1m queue line.

What I would love to see in the future is the ability to have more realistic queue lines. In many attractions, queue lines are simply big open expanses of concrete with iron fences that can take a lot of people in a parallel position to fill, not small snaking paths.

I love them to. In my experience, those are the most common queue lines in real life Theme Parks I've been to. So I guess those narrow queue makes it more realistic for me. [heart]

I have been trying to create pen like areas that are closed off from the main queue and only used when the ride gets really busy (I'll attach a picture when I work out how to). I'd like to be able to create a huge queue and have it fill all the way up, like popular rides do. If we could create a queue that is only one peep wide, it would make the line look a lot longer.

If we could create a queue that is only one peep wide, it would make the line look a lot longer.
If you and others haven't spotted it you can change your queue width to 1m wide. Also a hot tip is that you can use the keys [ or ] to adjust the width using your keyboard while you are building.
I agree the pen like areas are super realistic, especially hidden away far from the initial entrance... I have many memories of riding rides and thinking, "We're almost there!" walking through an archway or around a corner and then thinking "Awww man!"

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
If you and others haven't spotted it you can change your queue width to 1m wide. Also a hot tip is that you can use the keys [ or ] to adjust the width using your keyboard while you are building.
I agree the pen like areas are super realistic, especially hidden away far from the initial entrance... I have many memories of riding rides and thinking, "We're almost there!" walking through an archway or around a corner and then thinking "Awww man!"

Hahaha indeed!!

Arthur the Ride in Europapark is a perfect example of it. At one time you see the stairs down to the station platforms and you think "ah finally, im almost there" but after 10 minutes you realize wit every step you are actually moving away from it again [big grin]

I'm a big fan of the medium width queue vs the default width. The single file queue width amuses me for some reason, like a mild form of claustrophobic torture.

Top Bottom