language supports

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
If they need help translating the game just setup a translation site so we as the community can help to get it in as many languages as possible at release!

Pretty broad question there with a rather simple answer. Pretty much every game and piece of software for the past decade or so supports all of the most common languages. I'm sure Planet Coaster will have that covered. [bored]

Last edited:

Brett C

Frontier
English will be our first and foremost language on Planet Coaster. In the future, we will most likely consider additional languages to support within the game. But for now, it's just English. [yesnod]

English will be our first and foremost language on Planet Coaster. In the future, we will most likely consider additional languages to support within the game. But for now, it's just English. [yesnod]
giphy.gif

Send this to the developpers then. If Mojang can do it, Frontier can do it !

And if you planned "voices" in the game, then know that "subtitles" and "translation of the interface" is enough. (Since Rockstar games, we can deal with it)

Last edited:

Hopefully German, Spanish and French [happy]

well, remember, there are alot of people who dont speak English who would REALLY love to play this game.[bored]

Semi related; I for one hope there's no voices in game that you have to listen/subtitle. I do not think it is very RCT-like. But ok I am deaf.

Already said, but they can use the community :

There are a large number of "Collaborative Translation Services" available on the web

Something like this (the first one I found on Google) :
[video=vimeo;138284281]https://vimeo.com/138284281[/video]

But they also can develop a web-application to do that (An app that they could sell/rent after, and use for their future productions)

If a player want to help making the translation of the game in his language, he can register on a dedicated subdomain and may :
- Propose a translation for a word/phrase
- Vote for the best translation

If a translation gets a lot of votes (a given number), then they can export the translation pack (XML, or something like that) to add (or update) in the game.

This could allow to translate the game (at least the interface, and perhaps even subtitles if needed) at the lowest possible cost, almost free with an open-source application but also increase (significantly) the number of supported languages.

Already said, but they can use the community :

There are a large number of "Collaborative Translation Services" available on the web

Something like this (the first one I found on Google) :
https://vimeo.com/138284281

But they also can develop a web-application to do that (An app that they could sell/rent after, and use for their future productions)

If a player want to help making the translation of the game in his language, he can register on a dedicated subdomain and may :
- Propose a translation for a word/phrase
- Vote for the best translation

If a translation gets a lot of votes (a given number), then they can export the translation pack (XML, or something like that) to add (or update) in the game.

This could allow to translate the game (at least the interface, and perhaps even subtitles if needed) at the lowest possible cost, almost free with an open-source application but also increase (significantly) the number of supported languages.

wow very intersting this video as I´m into languages :)

You mean like steam workshop? Can you link this?

Thing is they haven't confirmed custom content, so we are assuming it won't happen...

They only told us you are able to share your creations (with the tools and assets they provide).

Not allowing custom content could break this game.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Here's one simple reason:
Planet Coaster won't allow custom content

Custom content as in custom scenery and other custom objects or custom rides has nothing to do with translation of the game.

Also, like MrPizzaCrust said, it has neither been confirmed nor denied that Planet Coaster will have custom objects content.

Last edited:
Custom content as in custom scenery and other custom objects or custom rides has nothing to do with translation of the game.
Also, like MrPizzaCrust said, it has neither been confirmed nor denied that Planet Coaster will have custom objects content.
+1

I translated Train Fever, and it's part of their release. You change language in the game properties. I know others did translations for Swedish, Danish and other languages as well.
I wouldn't mind doing a translation. I know the younger player base in Norway would appreciate it.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom