How many different flat rides and coasters do you predict for the final game?

And do you see them doing expansion packs? (Yeah I know what the answer is depends on how it sells but let's say it sells well). .

RCT2 had such an amazing # of different caosters and crazy train types you could create almost anything you wanted. That's what I hope for with this game. I also hope they add log rides and water raft rides. Just curious how many flat rides do you think make the final base game? How many coasters?

I think it will be similar to RCT3, hopefully more! I also think it would be nice if they made multiple of the same ride but with different themes, so you could use the rides in whichever theme you'd like.

About 15 rides now, more we've seen not in the game, and that was in about 6 months time. So I'd expect... around 45. My guesstimation. Imagine having over 50, that'd be just incredible. [shocked]

Between coasters, flats, tracked and transportation, I would wager around 40 or so.

Last edited:

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Between coasters, flats, tracked and transportation, I would wager around 40 or so.

I hope there will be some more...

Altough it's really difficult to determine how to count coasters. RCT3 had a LOT of coasters but a lot of them were pretty much the same as other coasters but with slightly different track elements.

So the number of coaster might be anything between like 7 and 30 depending on how they count. [bored]

I'm thinking around 10 coaster track types with multiple variations of coaster in each totaling probably 20-30 variations altogether and I anticipate between 30-40 flat rides. I would hope more but the insane detail and research put into each one I think the number would be around 30-40 and if they maintain this detail the whole way I would be more than happy :).

I believe they will definitely NOT have all popular coaster track types ready for launch. This game has a multi year development and monetization plan. And their approach on this is a quality/detail focused roll-out.

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
I believe they will definitely NOT have all popular coaster track types ready for launch. This game has a multi year development and monetization plan. And their approach on this is a quality/detail focused roll-out.

But are racks really that different? I think if we have like 8 tracktypes we pretty much have them all?

Im more worried about special "coasters" like a bobsled.

I would really like there to be different theme types for each flat ride and also a generic theme.

This, I feel this would be the most important, To be able to tailor different themed areas with different flat rides that suit certainly need to be added. At the moment as each one only has one theme then it may limit the style that people want. I know really this is only aesthetical really but I feel this is key to what the Dev's want to provide.

Even if it's just like the plane flat ride having option for rocket, horse, pirate boat etc would be cool.

This, I feel this would be the most important, To be able to tailor different themed areas with different flat rides that suit certainly need to be added. At the moment as each one only has one theme then it may limit the style that people want. I know really this is only aesthetical really but I feel this is key to what the Dev's want to provide.

Even if it's just like the plane flat ride having option for rocket, horse, pirate boat etc would be cool.

Yep I agree. The one thing RCT2 did really really well is it had just tons of different coaster car types. Even if many shared the same tracks. I just hope to see a big variety, I'm no coaster expert so I don't know all the names. But I want to see the hyper coasters that don't invert, the coasters with cars on the side of the tracks, the real old inverted coaster with those swinging cars. But I do agree with having different car types for flat rides. With how detailed this game is though that will be a lot of extra work.

We got 13 flat rides, 2 coaster types and we know there are a few flat rides from the dev diaries that didn't make it into the game. So right now I'd say like 15-16 flat rides. I could see about 25-30 of these at the end, at least 10 variations of coaster if not more as water rides are to be added and will likely be considered as coasters + karts and trains are also sort of confirmed. So in the end probably 50 (flat rides + coasters)

Do you have any source on this, i'm not disputing it I'm just trying to read what the *rough* dev roadmap is as I can't find anything out there. Cheers.

Chairlifts will be awesome, imagine floating over your park in ride-cam!

yeah definitely! But they do have "transport" already as a tab in the alpha. So we know at the very least they are working on some sort of transport. The most common are trains and sky chairs.

Top Bottom