Building Grid, Building UI & Building Parts

So having been able to play a copy at a friends and understand a little more about the building aspect I have a few thoughts on the current grid system.

• To provide 45 degree angles as standard within the grid. It would need the wall piece to be dynamic to adjust to the angle length as this will be different to the box length
  • To provide a floor level grid also. To be able to switch between ground, first, 2nd etc when in build mode would be great. I often found that when editing the building with wall/floor sections that it would be easier to say we are working at grid level 01 for instance and then use the shift key to tweak the height position at this level
  • It would be good to have it half scale or even quarter scale to a standard wall section as this would allow for better snap placement and clipping through in certain circumstances as at times you want to place things at a constant off grid position and it is rather difficult at this time

In regards to the UI when building, one minor thing would be the logic that PC have placed the tabs in. It would make more sense to have the order go;

1. Facilities
  2. Walls
  3. Wall Extras
  4. Roof/Ceiling
    Building
    Decorations
    Signage

In regards to actual parts available it would be great if PC would add in some simple extras that they already have the designs for and just need tweaking to allow for better overall building construction and style;

• Curved Walls in Sandstone & Render
  • Benches & Bins
  • Dark Tiled Roof Sections
  • Windows with both open & closed shutters which are matching styles (currently they are different windows and thus makes buildings look aesthetically odd
  • Archway in colour & wood
  • Larger diameter wooden post
  • Wooden Hat Fantastic Sign
  • Make Glass actually transparent

These are some initial thoughts after having had a few hours on it. I am sure when I get chance to have a few more hours on I will have some more thoughts on the above and more but this is just one small topic of what overall is an awesome Alpha for a game that looks like it is well on it's way to being one of the top game releases this year.

Regards,

Adam

Top Bottom