Fully cooperative mode

Hi,

I was looking at suggestions compilation and I saw that on multiplayer people only proposed park/coaster sharing but never to actually play a real cooperative game.

I'm a big fan of building games and so is my wife. We often play those kind of games in the same time and just chat about what each other is doing. Unfortunatelly there is not a single building game you can actually play together on the same map with the exception of Tropico 5. The cooperation was very limited and you were restricted to your own area but it was enough for me to instantly buy 2 version of this game to share some gaming time with her.

I easily understand that this kind of feature can become problematic with people building in the same spot at the same time or people destroying each other creation but it could be easily solved by giving to the creator of the map the power to restrict (or not) other people building/management power.

With more and more game being multiplayer oriented thank to internet I really believe this kind of feature is the next step for building games. I can't wait for a game I could play with my daugther when she'll be the same age I was when I first discovered Rollercoaster tycoon 1. A game where you could show the other player how to build cool coaster and share some time together building a cool park.

Going to a park is an experience you share with friends and family, please let us do the same with video games.

Love,
Régis

Yeah when discussing multiplayer, people always seem to jump to the notion that it would be random matchmaking with people you don't trust who would come in and ❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎ up your park. They never even consider that some of us have creative friends we trust to work on our parks simultaneously. Personally, a fully cooperative multiplayer is almost required, and I might not even get the game if it doesn't have that feature.

this would also be a big selling point to frontier because as mentioned, i think no one has ever done this in abuilding game.

few days ago i showed a friend who i play lol with some planet coaster vids to get her hyped( she never played this type of games ). her very first reactions was:

looks funny can we play it together ?

i trust in you frontier pls pls pls try to make multiplayer available for us

Last edited:
Neat idea, but I can just imagine a case being on "The Peoples Court", because their best friend kept on destroying their park. [squeeeeee]

Last edited:
Dunno if anyone here has checked out OpenRCT2, but it allows for some pretty extensive cooperative park building in Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, and it's a blast. Once again, really hope to see this feature in PC.

Top Bottom