Screenshot Feature - Like BDO

While using Print Screen button (Alt+PrtScn likely due to dual monitor use) or external software such as Fraps, DXtory, OBS (though that doesn't have a screenshot capture yet though it's often requested), the problem is they capture the game exactly as is, with perfect focus from front to back, and it doesn't allow for more creative camera control such as depth of field, field of view or lens effects/filters.

We already have a free camera, which would let us frame the shot as we want (side suggestion, if I enable it, leave it enabled when I start the game again), but I'd like to be able to change the depth of field

Several MMOs have screenshot features built in, which gives you more creative control over the resulting ArchAge did, and now Black Desert Online does to. Here are two examples of using the camera controls to setup a better screenshot than PrtScn or external program would allow: http://imgur.com/OrA5oHp and http://imgur.com/gwCbGdO. Notice in both cases the focus is on the character as the background is blurred out (plus positioning close the the rule of thirds). In Planet Coaster you would focus on the ride or building and then use the depth of field to perhaps blur out the background and/or foreground.

Here's the camera controls used in BDO (commonly known but this specific list order/wording is from my BDO Screenshot tutorial video, which I won't link here, but just in case somebody tries to note the list is exactly the same as it...):

CTRL+U hides the UI and enters screenshot mode
Arrow keys move the camera, while mouse controls direction it looks and mouse wheel controls zoom
CTRL + up and down arrows adjust the depth of field (how far back the stuff will stay in focus)
Shift + up and down arrows zoom, same as mouse wheel more or less, though I think it actually adjust FOV (or is supposed to)
Shift + left and right arrows tilt the camera
CTRL+Shift + up and down a apply color filters
CTRL+Shift + left and right arrows apply film noise

Now as for color filters and other filters, these could be added as not everyone has access to GIMP or Photoshop, or just might not want to have to edit the photo to add effects, so they could be added just as a convenience tool for users.

I would love a little more camera control!

Now that we have DoF, it would be nice to be able to pick the point it focuses at. Currently if focuses at the center.

Also, this game engine does have a field of view setting, as it changed when you go on fast rides.

Really, I love this game because I just love to wander around the parks. So having a more fully equiped camera would be super!

Top Bottom